No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Marah is already an icon and a legend, not matter "if you know her that well".

This woman's answer confuses me. I felt some coldness, I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      Totally OT but I was listening to Caramelo Duro by Miguel earlier and thought of you, repeatedly
      What?

I like that song btw, tho the lyrics are a hot mess.

P.S. seems as Miguel likes to use the word "culo"

Comment

• Comment

• It's on:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

What?

I like that song btw, tho the lyrics are a hot mess.

P.S. seems as Miguel likes to use the word "culo"
            I think it's because it's in Spanish and we spoke about Miguel before I dunno. My mind kept wandering to naughty places LOL

Yes he does.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Dionne tried to say something negative about Mariah but she couldnt find any! Ugh, imagine being THAT talented that not even the haters cant prevent themselves of giving you flowers!

Comment

Well, Marah is already an icon and a legend, not matter "if you know her that well".

This woman's answer confuses me. I felt some coldness, I don't know.
                I commented on this on YT yesterday... the woman is loose in the head... calling Brandy a "double threat" and praising her voice and then dissing Whitney's friend, Mariah Carey for filth. In her understanding... an icon's first name's recognition is the definition of iconic... I don't want to engage in this bc I think it is hilarious to call Mariah a never was with 0 impact... but when people utter the name "Mariah"... in reference to the entertainment industry... they will know that it is Mariah Carey everyone is talking about... and not Mariah - the adult film star.

I used to stan Dionne.. but I've deleted her discography from my knowledge and will forever hold a grudge.

Mariah is 10x the legend that Miss Dionne was... and ever could be... bc unlike her... Mariah had groundbreaking success on every corner of this planet and influenced a whole lot more singers of today. In terms of impact as a vocalist in the past 30 years... it's Whitney, Aretha, Céline and Mariah...
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                  Dionne tried to say something negative about Mariah but she couldnt find any! Ugh, imagine being THAT talented that not even the haters cant prevent themselves of giving you flowers!
                  but... even the audacity to speak ugly words against Mariah Carey's impact as a vocalist and overall performer in the music industry is an insult to sanity... lock her up, lock her up.
                  My Chart

Comment

• I would have never thought that anyone of Whitney's family would be this rude and insensitive and mental towards Mariah. I think Dionne is a racist...

Brandy - nice words
                    Mary J - nice words
                    Toni Braxton - nice words

Mariah Carey insane ramblings and utter nonsense.
                    My Chart

Comment

• My final words... Mariah has sold more albums in Japan than Dionne has sold worldwide. I mean iconic status is not about sales... but I'm too lazy to list Mariah's legacy... she has a wikipedia article on this... so anyone who doubts her status should look it up.

I feel betrayed by her. It could be early signs of dementia and if she suffers from that, then It is in my heart to forgive her and continue to pray for her... otherwise... I'm lost for words.

imagine anyone saying sth like Brandy is a legend and the greatest vocalist ever and Mariah Carey... well ehm I*m not familiar with her work... who dat who dat?

Gurlbye.
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                        Dionne tried to say something negative about Mariah but she couldnt find any! Ugh, imagine being THAT talented that not even the haters cant prevent themselves of giving you flowers!
                        But she tweeted about Mariah earlier this year:

Here she was defending her:

And also this one:

And she has said only nice things about Mariah in some articles from around '12.

Here, it was weird, that long pause, and what she said...

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                          I would have never thought that anyone of Whitney's family would be this rude and insensitive and mental towards Mariah. I think Dionne is a racist...

Brandy - nice words
                          Mary J - nice words
                          Toni Braxton - nice words

Mariah Carey insane ramblings and utter nonsense.
                          She was praising Taylor Swift like crazy on December.

I hope she's well...

Comment

She was praising Taylor Swift like crazy on December.

I hope she's well...
                            well.. Aretha said it best: I like Mariah.

That's like the highest praise by the highest authority. And even her nemesis, Patti Labelle praised Mariah... that's all we need to know... the two main rivalling forces of nature supporting Mariah...
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              well.. Aretha said it best: I like Mariah.

That's like the highest praise by the highest authority. And even her nemesis, Patti Labelle praised Mariah... that's all we need to know... the two main rivalling forces of nature supporting Mariah...
                              Actually all the big legends love/d Mariah. I mean, talented legendary vocalists that made an impact in the music industry (Aretha, Patti, Nippy, Michael, George M, Luciano P, Stevie, Luther... and the list goes on and on).

Comment

• Here's the AAFCA Speech.

Beautiful words by Queen.

Comment

But she tweeted about Mariah earlier this year:

Here she was defending her:

And also this one:

And she has said only nice things about Mariah in some articles from around '12.

Here, it was weird, that long pause, and what she said...
                                  This interview was very confusing considering that Dionne has stanned Mariah for years now... how do you go from gushing over her at Oprah's Legends Ball to then claiming you don't know her that well? If anyone asked me if Camilla Cabello was an icon I would insert a week-long pause and respond the way Dionne did about Mariah - not someone in the Holy Vocal Trinity.

Comment

• Her speech was really good, and watch her make some product placement for the memoir Should've mentioned WIB as well!
                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• What. The. Hell. Dionne is delusional. Of the 4 artists mentioned, Mariah is icon already. The other 3...no and never will be. Saying Mariah is not iconic is like saying Amazon the business has not yet reached iconic status in the business world...

Comment

• I am ready for some new music, lawd, WIB’s mild success got me eager

The only thing probably preventing Gen Z from streaming WIB is maybe that it’s too long for their short attention spans and since they don’t even know IKWYW they might enjoy it for more than just the nostalgia

That made me think about Skydiving and how even with a bridge or rap or something it could still be about 3 minutes, god help me

Comment

Here's the AAFCA Speech.

Beautiful words by Queen.

She is so amazing with words, I loved every second

Her speaking voice sounds rested as hell, even more than last year

Comment

• It would be lovey if we could rid this sacred, festive place of the homophobic purple dinosaur
                                            #obsessed

Comment

• Mod Note:

barney1814 has been automatically banned for 7 days after obtaining 100 infraction points.
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Few bits:

- not sure what to make of Dionne’s commentary. Of all those mentioned Mariah has certainly moved into the legendary status the most. It was a bit weird.

- the AAFCA speech was nice! She’s so eloquent and we love it.
                                                I agree with Ally, her speaking voice sounds so rested. Hopefully a good indicator that she will be able to sing the hell out of anything.

- love to see WIB building momentum but those video views are still bots. I think it’s more likely at 3-4 mill organic views

Comment

• I hope MC and Busta don't squander the potential of WIB. It's still early yet to tell if it could be a slow burner or completely fly under the radar, but it definitely will need more of a spring board than relying solely on word of mouth.
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    I hope MC and Busta don't squander the potential of WIB. It's still early yet to tell if it could be a slow burner or completely fly under the radar, but it definitely will need more of a spring board than relying solely on word of mouth.
                                                    I agree... it needs just one more push... may it be a performance... or a challenge or anything... something visible, something that involves the two of them together... SNL would be the perfect stage... I really do hope that Mariah will one day be invited back to that show...
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X