Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
    With Christmas being on a Sunday this year, how do we think that will affect chart placement? She essentially won't have 4 days of sales and streams. Can that be made up in the 1st 3 days?
    yes. With around 12-13 million streams on Xmas Eve in the US alone and with whatever it is doing on the days before that, AIW might reach #1 again. Last year, it even was #1 with only the 2nd Xmas day factored in, I believe.
    My Chart

Comment

• I have removed quite a bit of the off-topic non-MC discussions - these were mostly about what users talk about or focus on and not really about Mariah. Please keep those posts at a minimum thanks!
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
        Anyway, been revisiting the SSFT and her vocals are a little underrated, tbh.
        Her tone in Against all odds, Hero, Without you...
        And she went for it in My all and the acapella improptus.

Same with Caution tour!
        She was on fire during the SSFT. The Emotions and TMB intro were really good. About the Caution tour, the European leg was superb

Comment

• Which AIWFC count towards BB? Do we know their daily figures?

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
            Which AIWFC count towards BB? Do we know their daily figures?
            all of them. But not all versions are counted for the same song, thence the SuperFestive one being removed from Spotify and digital platforms. The SuperFestive was doing sth like 200k daily at its peak... 200k which were not counted for AIW original.

But the remixes that exist now and the main version count as 1, and the Bieber collbo counts as another.
            My Chart

Comment

Which AIWFC count towards BB? Do we know their daily figures?
              OG, so so def remix and the dance remix from 2009

Comment

• Vulture ranks "Oh Santa!" as the second best Christmas song since "All I Want For Christmas Is You"
                2. Mariah Carey, “Oh Santa!” (2010)

The wild success of “All I Want for Christmas Is You” made Carey automatically associated with Christmas. But as the 2010s rolled around, she really started to lean into the Yuletide season being the Time of Mariah: She headlined her first Christmas residency at the Beacon Theatre, directed the Lacey Chabert–starring Hallmark Christmas movie A Christmas Melody, and developed an animated flick around her signature Xmas classic. (Thanks to switched-up chart rules, the rise of streaming, and the large swath of radio stations flipping to all-holiday music, “All I Want” finally hit the No. 1 spot on the Hot 100 in 2019.)

Part of this original ramp-up was 2010’s Merry Christmas II You, Carey’s second Christmas album. Its lead single, “Oh Santa!,” which Carey wrote with longtime collaborators Bryan-Michael Cox and Jermaine Dupri, was a different type of throwback: It was more uptempo than “You,” and its girl-group vibe (which was provided by Carey’s layered vocals) was complemented by a chant that recalled hip-hop pioneers like L’Trimm. Think of it as the spiritual B-side to her original Christmas chestnut — a comparison that Carey invited when she released a mash-up of the two. By 2020, she was headlining the Apple TV+ extravaganza Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special, a star-studded show that featured a Mariah-produced remake of “Oh Santa!” with Jennifer Hudson and Ariana Grande filling out the song’s previously theoretical vocal trio. “I enjoyed it as a producer and a songwriter,” Carey told EW in 2019. “I layered it and made it my own girls’ group when I first did it, and to reinvent that song with these incredible women was a very special moment.” She might have been denied the “Queen of Christmas” trademark, but “Oh Santa!” is a reminder that she’ll hold that title no matter what the courts say.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

all of them. But not all versions are counted for the same song, thence the SuperFestive one being removed from Spotify and digital platforms. The SuperFestive was doing sth like 200k daily at its peak... 200k which were not counted for AIW original.

But the remixes that exist now and the main version count as 1, and the Bieber collbo counts as another.
                  Than you. Due to the gap between Brenda and Mariah on Spotify I was thinking the gap was shorter because of the AIWFC remixes

Comment

• I love OS so much. I love the bells in the background, the chimes or whatever, it is such a fun song. Some people, I heard, say that it is very dated... but isn't that a good thing in regards to Xmas music? I think it has stood the test of time already. The remix + original combined will surpass 100 million on Spotify this year which is huge for a "newer" Xmas tune. Mariah also hasn't promoted the song until the remix came out. So, it is getting its flowers now. Absolutely deserved.
                    My Chart

Comment

Than you. Due to the gap between Brenda and Mariah on Spotify I was thinking the gap was shorter because of the AIWFC remixes
                      Yes, it certainly is, but not by much. If added together... Mariah probably accumulates another 10k from the remixes. But, let's pray that at least the so so def remix is growing a bit.

I still find this race so interesting. MIMI at #5 or so on AM while Brenda only being in the top 45. That must be a huge difference between the two songs. I'm hoping, it's big enough to kill whatever difference there is on Spotify. <3
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                        I can feel the record-breaking soon
                        Im becoming more and more confident, that Mariah will snatch the Spotify record back from Adele. Becoming the first artist to break 20million streams in 1 day.

Comment

• The world needs to be reminded of the So So Def Remix!

Comment

• Their voices blend perfectly

Comment

• In just a few hours, Mariah will officially be back on the top 10 of the Hot 100
                              Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                              www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                                In just a few hours, Mariah will officially be back on the top 10 of the Hot 100
                                Next week I hope it’s #1

Comment

She was on fire during the SSFT. The Emotions and TMB intro were really good. About the Caution tour, the European leg was superb
                                  THIS!!! Don’t forget that she also gave us the best performance of My All since ‘97 in Cardiff.

Comment

Next week I hope it’s #1
                                    I doubt it will go #1 next week, unless Taylor collapses completely, AIWFCIY will need to increase by 75%+ points to have a chance at that #1.

Perhaps the week after but it will need to stay above RATCT on streaming overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                                      Chante Moore's tweet just earned me endless respect. It's nice to see talented women supporting each other!

Irene's publicist's statement was also beautiful.

I agree that lambs can discuss the voice, but I wish it could be with the same level of respect that Mariah's peers hold for her. For example, I would love to hear more of Mariah's raw and live vocals in performances, even if it means changing the arrangements to suit where her voice is on that day. But to say the voice is gone is simply not true. She has good and bad days and of course will never belt like Daydream era. That doesn't diminish her legacy. I also don't choose to blame her for her vocal decline. We'll never know what goes on behind closed doors.

My final thought on this: bipolar is a very difficult condition to manage and the medications often do cause metabolic changes, such as weight gain, acne, etc. Their effect on singing isn't something that anyone has studied in any meaningful way. I am just glad Mariah generally seems to be at peace with herself in her personal life and in most of her public appearances as well. She has been through so much. Let's allow her to have happiness.
                                      This is after her liking several shady tweets against Mariah.

Comment

• Time to re-rank Mimi's originals X-Mas songs.

1) All I Want For Christmas Is You
                                        2) Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
                                        3) Oh Santa Remix
                                        4) Fall In Love At Christmas Time
                                        5) Jesus Born On This Day

6) Christmas Time Is In The Air Again
                                        7) When Christmas Comes
                                        8) One Child
                                        9) The Star
                                        10) Lil Snowman

Comment

• https://www.vulture.com/2022/11/best...as-is-you.html

2. Mariah Carey, “Oh Santa!” (2010)

The wild success of “All I Want for Christmas Is You” made Carey automatically associated with Christmas. But as the 2010s rolled around, she really started to lean into the Yuletide season being the Time of Mariah: She headlined her first Christmas residency at the Beacon Theatre, directed the Lacey Chabert–starring Hallmark Christmas movie A Christmas Melody, and developed an animated flick around her signature Xmas classic. (Thanks to switched-up chart rules, the rise of streaming, and the large swath of radio stations flipping to all-holiday music, “All I Want” finally hit the No. 1 spot on the Hot 100 in 2019.)

Part of this original ramp-up was 2010’s Merry Christmas II You, Carey’s second Christmas album. Its lead single, “Oh Santa!,” which Carey wrote with longtime collaborators Bryan-Michael Cox and Jermaine Dupri, was a different type of throwback: It was more uptempo than “You,” and its girl-group vibe (which was provided by Carey’s layered vocals) was complemented by a chant that recalled hip-hop pioneers like L’Trimm. Think of it as the spiritual B-side to her original Christmas chestnut — a comparison that Carey invited when she released a mash-up of the two. By 2020, she was headlining the Apple TV+ extravaganza Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special, a star-studded show that featured a Mariah-produced remake of “Oh Santa!” with Jennifer Hudson and Ariana Grande filling out the song’s previously theoretical vocal trio. “I enjoyed it as a producer and a songwriter,” Carey told EWin 2019. “I layered it and made it my own girls’ group when I first did it, and to reinvent that song with these incredible women was a very special moment.” She might have been denied the “Queen of Christmas” trademark, but “Oh Santa!” is a reminder that she’ll hold that title no matter what the courts say.

Comment

• Comment

Next week I hope it’s #1
                                              Unlikely.
                                              Taylor still has 100 chart point lead.

It might take another 2 weeks.

Comment

• The 10 track original Xmas album reached 1,7 billion streams... 10 (!) Tracks. TEN. It's wild when you think about it.

even without AIW, the album will surpass 500 million streams for the remaining 9 tracks in a couple of days.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Unlikely.
                                                  Taylor still has 100 chart point lead.

It might take another 2 weeks.
                                                  anything is possible at this point.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                                    Time to re-rank Mimi's originals X-Mas songs.

1) All I Want For Christmas Is You
                                                    2) Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
                                                    3) Oh Santa Remix
                                                    4) Fall In Love At Christmas Time
                                                    5) Jesus Born On This Day

6) Christmas Time Is In The Air Again
                                                    7) When Christmas Comes
                                                    8) One Child
                                                    9) The Star
                                                    10) Lil Snowman
                                                    Weirdly FILAC has grown on me so much this year. Can’t stop playing it. I’m hearing it with different ears

Comment

Working...
                                                    X