Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    I am ready for some new music, lawd, WIB’s mild success got me eager

The only thing probably preventing Gen Z from streaming WIB is maybe that it’s too long for their short attention spans and since they don’t even know IKWYW they might enjoy it for more than just the nostalgia

That made me think about Skydiving and how even with a bridge or rap or something it could still be about 3 minutes, god help me
    It's always so interesting and exciting to see something new rise on the charts or streaming services and it is so much fun to track its success... I'm starved of MC charts galore, and it's my favourite thing to do on the internet...
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      Well, Marah is already an icon and a legend, not matter "if you know her that well".

This woman's answer confuses me. I felt some coldness, I don't know.

I’m not seeing any of this in her response. The most confusing part was what she said about Brandy. Sis hasn’t been anything resembling a “double threat” in two decades.

Comment

• Dionne’s comments were questionable at best. Mariah is undoubtedly an icon and has surpassed her in legendary status. But, they are both legends.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• WIB

0.683M AI (+0.183)
          25 stations (+1)

Comment

• Steady growth, tbh.
            I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• MC is so lucky she teamed with a video music icon because it is clear that he brought some great visuals (as always) which Mariah is benefiting from right now. The video is great and so is the song which keeps growing. It very well could be the last song Mariah ever gets on rhythmic radio. A format that she helped define. Do not take this moment for granted, request request request.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                I am ready for some new music, lawd, WIB’s mild success got me eager

The only thing probably preventing Gen Z from streaming WIB is maybe that it’s too long for their short attention spans and since they don’t even know IKWYW they might enjoy it for more than just the nostalgia
                I know.
                Songs are about 2:40 - 3:20 minutes now, I mean, the hits.
                5 minutes is way too long for a casual listener.

Comment

• The views on YouTube for WIB dropped drastically after the 6th day.
                  Stuck at 10M for 3 consecutive days now, it's been gaining only around 220K per day, while it grew a lil on Spotify.
                  What are the numbers for today (I mean, yesterday)?

Comment

Well, Marah is already an icon and a legend, not matter "if you know her that well".

This woman's answer confuses me. I felt some coldness, I don't know.

i don't know her
                    orange clouds roll by ....

Comment

• Here's the full AAFCA Mariah segment.

It runs for like more than 13 minutes, with the Intro and celebrities/people from the industry/friends talking about her plus her awesome speech of course.

Mariah Carey - Innovator Award

Comment

• I live for Mariah X Naomi friendship!

Comment

• Nodules and lack of rest/sleep also affect the speaking voice just like the do with the singing voice.

2020-2021 sounds so healthy.

How Has Mariah Carey's SPEAKING Voice Changed Over The Years? (1987-2021)

P.S. in that 2018 interview she didn't even look like she was 30, what a glow up from the previous clip. Two differente persons.

Comment

• #395 UK itunes
                            #591 US itunes
                            video 10.934.904 soon to be 11 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              Dionne’s comments were questionable at best. Mariah is undoubtedly an icon and has surpassed her in legendary status. But, they are both legends.
                              I think the reaction some lambs are having to her comments are a cultural/generational misunderstanding. Dionne just said she doesn’t know her that well personally (it’s very American and old-school to provide that context when talking about someone), but had nothing but high praise for her as a musician. She even highlighted Mariah’s skills as a songwriter, and we know how important that is to Mariah. I watched it expecting Dionne to be completely disrespectful based on the comments, and she wasn’t.

Comment

• But the question was if any of those artists from the 90s were on their way to the "icon" status, not if she knew them well or not.

Mariah is an icon and already a legend. You can hate on her or dislike her, or even not like her as an artist, but her status is already cemented.

She said Brandy "as a potential, yes". I love Brandy but she will never be considered an icon, that's ridiculous.

That's what we were talking about.

The long pause and her answer that had nothing to do with the question.

Comment

• True. That answer could have been acceptable if she was asked about her around early 2000. For the past two decades, brandy didn't do or make anything iconic. I just remembered the boy is mine and have I ever, and that is it.

For Mariah, AIWFCIY alone makes her a legend.
                                  Last edited by carey18ph; Sun April 18, 2021, 19:39.
                                  A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Sorry to Brandy but she’s not a good vocalist imo. Very limited vocally and she doesn’t have many hits, I think only 1 known song worldwide (the boy is mine). Doesn’t have many acclaim for acting either. I don’t know where Dionne got Brandy has a shot to get there. On that list I think only Mariah and Toni are the options, and MJB is very respected too

Comment

• The #50 song on Rhythmic has 237 spins, while Where I Belong has 181 spins on the format. Hopefully it can make up the 50-60 spin deficit.

Comment

Here's the full AAFCA Mariah segment.

It runs for like more than 13 minutes, with the Intro and celebrities/people from the industry/friends talking about her plus her awesome speech of course.

Mariah Carey - Innovator Award

GOAT
                                        Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                          Sorry to Brandy but she’s not a good vocalist imo. Very limited vocally and she doesn’t have many hits, I think only 1 known song worldwide (the boy is mine). Doesn’t have many acclaim for acting either. I don’t know where Dionne got Brandy has a shot to get there. On that list I think only Mariah and Toni are the options, and MJB is very respected too
                                          None of this is true regarding Brandy.
                                          she’s not in the Whitney/Mariah league. But she has plenty of WW hits and her instrument is incredible

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                            GOAT
                                            This was a pleasure to watch. Bravo!

Comment

• The last thing I'll say on the Dionne clip is this, the interviewer knew what he was doing - trying to recreate that Aretha clip when she spoke on other artists (the "beautiful gowns" clip). It also isn't lost on me that in the clip it is only about other women, no men! All of those women mentioned are iconic and R&B pioneers. It is shameful he even raised it into a question.

Comment

• video just passed 11 million

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                  None of this is true regarding Brandy.
                                                  she’s not in the Whitney/Mariah league. But she has plenty of WW hits and her instrument is incredible
                                                  I don't know her catalog very well other than her hits neither her accolades and achievements since I didn't follow her career, but Brandy's tone and runs are just SICK, she's incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                    This was a pleasure to watch. Bravo!
                                                    Loved her speech.
                                                    She's so articulate and her vocabulary is so rich, she always finds the best words.
                                                    I like how she always emphasizes on the faith too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X