Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If I use a VPN, will it count as streaming?

    Comment


    • She looks fab.. I do wish she would embrace the brown hair though.. she looked years younger in that booking.com plug. The needing to be held while walking thing needs to go too.. my biggest irritation!! Lol.
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
        She looks fab.. I do wish she would embrace the brown hair though.. she looked years younger in that booking.com plug. The needing to be held while walking thing needs to go too.. my biggest irritation!! Lol.
        I don't see that ever going. Her team probably believes it's apart of the grand diva glam
        Proceed with Caution

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Pureimagination View Post
          Lambs better stream , download , request like never before ....I want 5 weeks at #1
          This is a MUST.
          I love music!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by lambforever View Post

            I don't see that ever going. Her team probably believes it's apart of the grand diva glam
            I don’t either unfortunately and I agree.. I think they think it adds to the diva image but it just makes her look old! That coupled with her stiffness on stage both need addressing. If she can’t walk in her heels she should get smaller ones.. lol.
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Milano View Post
              Regarding the current battle for No 1, I am totally fine with another holiday song getting there, for a change. If anything, it adds validity and some fun to the No 1 race and, ultimately, achievement.

              BUT, how does the playlisting aspect of the formula stay under the radar? Streaming is so heavy, and still even growing exponentially, it easily lends itself to potential manipulation.
              Now, of course we know there's always been some manipulation in charts, and always will be. But playlisting is the least subtle. For example, multiple remixes - but here people still intentionally consume these added 'products'. As for radio, sure there's always the human factor in playlisting, but we are talking about hundreds of radio stations reporting...
              Of course, the payola like thing for radio is likely replicating to streaming, via being included in a popular playlist (placement included). How can a label warrant a song being successful on the charts? now being played in the radio is not enough, you must have great streamings as well, so having a track in the most popular playlist is hard because they're limited to a certain number of songs, just like radio spin a limited quantity of songs per day. Sony can do this, as AIWFIY reports a lot of money every year, but it seems they're not doing their thing as the gap with RATCT is getting wider and of course there are forces moving behind Brenda Lee going to #1, while I'm ok with this, I'd rather Mariah being there, I don't think Billboard current rules that allow AIWFCIY to hit #1 will stay forever, as they like to favour new tracks.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                I'm pretty sure the playlisting is part of deals, like in radio with cc deals. Well, let's see what happens and enjoy the moment because it is what it is and it's not the end of the world (I'm not saying this because of you).

                BTW if any American lamb want to buy AIWFC on Amazon, Itunes and all the different platforms for me I'll transfer the money.
                You're great and generous. I'd like to cooperate as well. Not sure if using a VPN will be good enough or counts for Billboard, as a fellow poster is asking.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

                  You're great and generous. I'd like to cooperate as well. Not sure if using a VPN will be good enough or counts for Billboard, as a fellow poster is asking.
                  I prefer not using VPNs because they can identify them and it does not work. But if someone can slide in my DMs and want to buy some AIWFC for me I'd love to help

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Milano View Post
                    Regarding the current battle for No 1, I am totally fine with another holiday song getting there, for a change. If anything, it adds validity and some fun to the No 1 race and, ultimately, achievement.

                    BUT, how does the playlisting aspect of the formula stay under the radar? Streaming is so heavy, and still even growing exponentially, it easily lends itself to potential manipulation.
                    Now, of course we know there's always been some manipulation in charts, and always will be. But playlisting is the least subtle. For example, multiple remixes - but here people still intentionally consume these added 'products'. As for radio, sure there's always the human factor in playlisting, but we are talking about hundreds of radio stations reporting...
                    There is definitely something going on as well outside playlisting.

                    The RATCT seems to be played more randomly after finishing another Christmas song. I barely here AIWFCIY if it just randomly plays music.

                    There's something going on behind the scenes associated with their algorithm to prefer and recommend certain songs. That's open for manipulation as well.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post


                      BTW if any American lamb want to buy AIWFC on Amazon, Itunes and all the different platforms for me I'll transfer the money.
                      Same here, Italian lamb here, I need a mirror American lamb to do the work for me, I'll transfer the money

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                        There is definitely something going on as well outside playlisting.

                        The RATCT seems to be played more randomly after finishing another Christmas song. I barely here AIWFCIY if it just randomly plays music.

                        There's something going on behind the scenes associated with their algorithm to prefer and recommend certain songs. That's open for manipulation as well.
                        AIWFCIY played on spotify after I finished listening to Celines Christmas album. I live in the US as well. So it works both ways. Although I only listen to Mariah not Darlene. To be honest I never hear RATCT here in the US but AIW all over the place.

                        Off Topic but my Spotify unwrapped said Without You and Butterfly were my 6th and 10th most listened to songs this year. Mariah was my 3rd most listened to artist of 2022.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Angeman View Post

                          AIWFCIY played on spotify after I finished listening to Celines Christmas album. I live in the US as well. So it works both ways. Although I only listen to Mariah not Darlene. To be honest I never hear RATCT here in the US but AIW all over the place.

                          Off Topic but my Spotify unwrapped said Without You and Butterfly were my 6th and 10th most listened to songs this year. Mariah was my 3rd most listened to artist of 2022.
                          where can we see "unwrapped?" I'm never able to find it.
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Varun84 View Post
                            If I use a VPN, will it count as streaming?
                            A lot of streaming platforms can detect VPN's, and supposedly don't even count those streams. So, it's better to just stream locally and let it count for the country that you are in because then it will still count towards global streams.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                              where can we see "unwrapped?" I'm never able to find it.
                              Either go to spotify.com/wrapped

                              or type in wrapped in spotify search bar

                              Comment


                              • On the cover of Vanidades Magazine Mexico (Dec. 2022)

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Angeman View Post

                                  AIWFCIY played on spotify after I finished listening to Celines Christmas album. I live in the US as well. So it works both ways. Although I only listen to Mariah not Darlene. To be honest I never hear RATCT here in the US but AIW all over the place.

                                  Off Topic but my Spotify unwrapped said Without You and Butterfly were my 6th and 10th most listened to songs this year. Mariah was my 3rd most listened to artist of 2022.
                                  That's the feedback I get from friends in the states as well. Of course, there are different songs for everyone but AIWFCIY is THE HOLIDAY SONG. Somehow that is not reflecting on spotify streams.

                                  Comment


                                  • My prediction is that Mariah and Brenda will be very close in the predictions but when the Billboard numbers are out, Mariah will have a wider margin. It will be an interesting road to monday.
                                    Previously known as sYair

                                    Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                    Comment


                                    • Mariah on top as always
                                      Previously known as sYair

                                      Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

                                        That's the feedback I get from friends in the states as well. Of course, there are different songs for everyone but AIWFCIY is THE HOLIDAY SONG. Somehow that is not reflecting on spotify streams.
                                        Is there a thing about paid streams vs. non paid streams on SPotify

                                        Maybe the portion of non-paid streams is bigger for Mariah as it skews younger and these youngsters don't have the money

                                        Comment


                                        • My top 5 on Spotify Wrapped 2022

                                          1) Big Energy Remix (361x)
                                          2) Fantasy
                                          3) We Belong Together
                                          4) Always Be My Baby
                                          5) Without You


                                          Spending 10,305 minutes with the Queen all up this year 0.005% of MC listeners
                                          Last edited by skylynx; Wed November 30, 2022, 18:23.

                                          Comment


                                          • Mimi still trailing Buble by quite a bit. He does have very strong album-whole wide.

                                            Mariah's powered really only by 2 songs.

                                            Comment


                                            • Comment


                                              • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                                Mimi still trailing Buble by quite a bit. He does have very strong album-whole wide.

                                                Mariah's powered really only by 2 songs.

                                                They need to start working on building back up some of the other songs on the Xmas CDs. They should try getting them used in tv/movies or something like that, maybe that could reinvigorate the airplay of the tracks as well. Silent Night, Holy Night, JTTW used to get quite a few spins on my local radios, now it's mostly just AIW, BPCH, and to a lesser extent SICTT. Maybe that might help with streaming eventually (the algorithms might pick up on increased activity unless the Spotify run playlists are 100% payolla).

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

                                                  They need to start working on building back up some of the other songs on the Xmas CDs. They should try getting them used in tv/movies or something like that, maybe that could reinvigorate the airplay of the tracks as well. Silent Night, Holy Night, JTTW used to get quite a few spins on my local radios, now it's mostly just AIW, BPCH, and to a lesser extent SICTT. Maybe that might help with streaming eventually (the algorithms might pick up on increased activity unless the Spotify run playlists are 100% payolla).
                                                  The Buble CD is loaded with classics so it gets spun alot.

                                                  MC's original has some very religious and childish songs towards the end so it doesn't get the same amount of broad appeal.

                                                  When she makes MC3, it should just be an album 75% of originals and 25% of Christmas Classics. We know she won't do White Christmas so take her pick from the rest.

                                                  All these old carols should be left off. She's pretty much gone through most of the big ones anyway.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • MIMI's 1994 original (10 track) Xmas album collected 4,808,093 streams on Spotify yesterday. (1,25 million from the songs excluding AIW).

                                                    The album is coming for 35/36 million for the entire week on that platform.
                                                    My Chart

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X