Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• She literally wore 2 dresses during her debut, LOL, this and the little black dress.

Great performance.

Comment

• WIB could be her first entry onto rhythmic radio since Youre Mine. Also it would be her fourth straight decade appearing on the chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
          WIB could be her first entry onto rhythmic radio since Youre Mine. Also it would be her fourth straight decade appearing on the chart.
          Yeah that's what I posted

Comment

• I just watched the WIB video again - I’m a sucker for anime in a music video - and I can’t not hear “arroz con polla” now. Thanks, y’all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              But the question was if any of those artists from the 90s were on their way to the "icon" status, not if she knew them well or not.

Mariah is an icon and already a legend. You can hate on her or dislike her, or even not like her as an artist, but her status is already cemented.

She said Brandy "as a potential, yes". I love Brandy but she will never be considered an icon, that's ridiculous.

That's what we were talking about.

The long pause and her answer that had nothing to do with the question.
              Dionne is very, very close to Brandy, and one of the few black women in the industry who know that it’s important for black women to stick together. I could write a novel on this topic alone, but will leave it here. And before someone gets their back up about this (not you, my love , you always understand me) I am a black woman in this industry. Solidarity and support among your own can be hard to find.

I think she knows that Brandy is done commercially, but to ignore her 90s legacy and only say negative things about her would be horrible. Brandy is washed up and half-crazy, but that’s not all that she is or was.

As for the pause, Dionne is in her 80s. Maybe she had to gather her thoughts? I’m nowhere near her age and have to do that. If someone were to ask me to speak eloquently about what Mariah means to me and discuss her impact, I’d have to organize my thoughts, too.

I really think y’all are seeing something that just isn’t there. She had the most praise for Mariah. Beyond her rendition of Say A Little Prayer, her being Whitney’s cousin, and her calling Nikki Taylor a hussy on The Apprentice, I don’t know much about her.

Comment

• I'm surprised with the reaction from some lambs on Dionne's comments. I thought they are quite positive about Mariah....she said she likes her music, that Mariah is a great songwriter and hero is one of favs. Maybe Mariah is not her #1 fav but tht's okay. I didn't the long pause as an insult. Like what banksy said, she defintely needed to gather her thoughts just to ensure tht she said the right things?

Comment

• Rare pic of Mariah in 1993

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Good news!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      Good news!!

This is good news!

Comment

Good news!!

Come through!

Comment

Good news!!

Yay! Do we know the spotify numbers from yesterday? I think they werent posted :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Yay! Do we know the spotify numbers from yesterday? I think they werent posted :(
                            With tracking from stevyy

April 17th: 1,392,772 - +29,668 - 2020 - Where I Belong
                            April 16th: 1,363,104 - +32,063 - 2020 - Where I Belong
                            April 15th: 1,331,041 - +17,490 - 2020 - Where I Belong
                            April 14th: 1,313,551 - +14,318 - 2020 - Where I Belong
                            April 13th: 1,299,233 - +11,858 - 2020 - Where I Belong

Comment

• [QUOTE=bm08;n10607335]

With tracking from stevyy

April 17th: 1,392,772 - +29,668 - 2020 - Where I Belong
                              April 16th: 1,363,104 - +32,063 - 2020 - Where I Belong
                              April 15th: 1,331,041 - +17,490 - 2020 - Where I Belong
                              April 14th: 1,313,551 - +14,318 - 2020 - Where I Belong
                              April 13th: 1,299,233 - +11,858 - 2020 - Where I Belong[/QUOTE!]

Thanks!!! Does it post it in a different topic?

Comment

• It's part of her general Chart and Sales history thread, but maybe we can track WIB soley here too (if it doesnt get too lengthy):

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10607337

Comment

• The next goal is top 40 at #39!

does anyone remember where Youre Mine reached on rhythmic radio?

Comment

Rare pic of Mariah in 1993

The best legs in the world.

Comment

• Gorgeous.
                                      It reminds me of a shoot she did in 1999.
                                      Dem legs tho!

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      Rare pic of Mariah in 1993

Comment

• Why they only went for ads on Rhythmic tho?
                                        Originally posted by tee View Post
                                        The next goal is top 40 at #39!

does anyone remember where Youre Mine reached on rhythmic radio?
                                        All the info here: https://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thr...ey-mine?page=7

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        It's part of her general Chart and Sales history thread, but maybe we can track WIB soley here too (if it doesnt get too lengthy):
                                        Yeah, please.
                                        It's easier for some of us rather than looking for the info in another thread.
                                        We can use the spoiler option in any case.
                                        Cool!

Hopefully the song is entering on the Rhythmic Airplay charts, so she can have that fourth consecutive decade charting on the format.

She could achieve it (maybe) with anothe track, but let's secure this!

Comment

• It would be nice to reach the top 40 as Billboard's chart starts from 40.

It may have etched into top 50 this week!

Comment

• Comment

• YT views are

How's doing the video on Facebook?

---

Btw, I need Mariah to upload all her SNL performances in her official YT/VEVO Channel.

Comment

• That chartmariah user is something else lol. Mariah's Where I belong. It's a Busta song and she is the feature.

Cool to see this making a wave on rhythmic. Busta is pushing it a lot.
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I don't know her catalog very well other than her hits neither her accolades and achievements since I didn't follow her career, but Brandy's tone and runs are just SICK, she's incredible.
                                                  My opinion: Brandy can't sing well... she can sing... generally... speaking... but she's not that good... I can't at Dionne praising her vocals, her voice and highlighting it especially... and then when asked about Mariah... says nothing about her voice... it's ridiculous.

It's the same level of ignorance... if someone would dodge around the question if Madonna were the target.. like: do you think Madonna is an icon? - "Well, I like XY song and she is a good songwriter!" - BUT Charli XCX that's... she has a god given talent in her throat and is a quadruple threat... lol.

no. Dionne was out of the loop and maybe she really doesn't know of Mariah's impact in the music industry and as a vocalist, but then that would disqualify her to even utter an opinion on either woman.

It really gets on my nerves that we have to try and find reasons of why Mariah might really not be that good... I mean we have The Rolling Stone Magazine which is consistently pushing the narrative of how Mariah is an OK singer... but not really good. We don't need that from other acts.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                    That chartmariah user is something else lol. Mariah's Where I belong. It's a Busta song and she is the feature.

Cool to see this making a wave on rhythmic. Busta is pushing it a lot.
                                                    cringe.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X