Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
    A few records i'm hoping we can get this year in the US....

* 10 weeks at #1 (if she can get another two weeks, making her the only artist to have 3 song above 10 weeks)
    * 5 straight years with a #1 single (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023). The longest active streak at the momment and one of only 3 artists with a chance of landing a #1 each year of the 2020s decade. Taylor and Drake at still in the running with 3 each.
    * 2nd straight year to open and close a chart year (2021 and 2022). Continue her streak 2021 open, 2021 close, 2022 open, 2022 close, 2023 open
    * Breaking the Spotify daily record with 20m+ globally. It's advantage this year is the 24th is a Saturday (normally the biggest day for streams).

Anything i've missed?
    She'll be the 2nd artist with 3 songs above 10 weeks. B2M is the first with I'll Make Love to you, End of the Road and of course OSD.

I think she can take all 4 weeks and push it to 12 weeks.

Possibly the oldest artist with no. 1 song
    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Just rewatched Mariah’s AIWFCIY performance with Michael Buble. Her singing on the bridge… it’s really good!

Comment

• Even if it was discounted last week, it probably wouldn't been enough for #1. Mariah sold 4k while Taylor sold 13k, and Taylor had twice as much airplay as Mariah.
        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

It’s a shame that this version is not counted towards the sales and streams of the original. I wonder why though.
          My guess would be because it was released on a different label, but who knows!

Comment

• Imagine if we get 4 weeks at #1 this year

Chart announced / tracking week:
            Dec 12 / friday 2-thursday 8
            Dec 19 / friday 9-thursday 15
            Dec 26 / friday 16-thursday 22
            Jan 2 / friday 23-thiesday 29

The final week would be harder of course but remember last year she made it just with the 24th and 25th so she would have an extra day. 12 weeks at #1 sounds great.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

She'll be the 2nd artist with 3 songs above 10 weeks. B2M is the first with I'll Make Love to you, End of the Road and of course OSD.

I think she can take all 4 weeks and push it to 12 weeks.

Possibly the oldest artist with no. 1 song
              Yes you're correct B2M did it first, but Mariah will be the first female, great achievement.

Comment

• Rewind....this is simply magical. EVERYTHING FADES AWAY is the best B-side and unreleased single EVER.

This was a sweet interaction wtih JoJo

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                  Imagine if we get 4 weeks at #1 this year

Chart announced / tracking week:
                  Dec 12 / friday 2-thursday 8
                  Dec 19 / friday 9-thursday 15
                  Dec 26 / friday 16-thursday 22
                  Jan 2 / friday 23-thiesday 29

The final week would be harder of course but remember last year she made it just with the 24th and 25th so she would have an extra day. 12 weeks at #1 sounds great.
                  This will be extraordinary and still great for the 1st female
                  Proceed with Caution

Comment

• She needs 13 additional weeks to surpass OTR
                    Last edited by Statsandchart; Wed December 7, 2022, 01:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                      A few records i'm hoping we can get this year in the US....

* 10 weeks at #1 (if she can get another two weeks, making her the only artist to have 3 song above 10 weeks)
                      * 5 straight years with a #1 single (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023). The longest active streak at the momment and one of only 3 artists with a chance of landing a #1 each year of the 2020s decade. Taylor and Drake at still in the running with 3 each.
                      * 2nd straight year to open and close a chart year (2021 and 2022). Continue her streak 2021 open, 2021 close, 2022 open, 2022 close, 2023 open
                      * Breaking the Spotify daily record with 20m+ globally. It's advantage this year is the 24th is a Saturday (normally the biggest day for streams).

Anything i've missed?
                      If it totals12 weeks at #1 after this season , it will tie Adele's Easy On Me as the longest female #1 song in the Hot 100 , for the 20's

Comment

• Originally posted by Statsandchart View Post
                        If it got 12 weeks , it will tie Adele's Easy On Me as the longest female #1 song in the Hot 100 , for the 20's
                        A few weeks are from 2019 though.

Comment

If it got 12 weeks , it will tie Adele's Easy On Me as the longest female #1 song in the Hot 100 , for the 20's
                          Easy on Me was 10 weeks at no 1, not 12 weeks. AIW will need to score 4 additional weeks at no 1 to tie Adele (AIW's first week at no 1 was in 2019, not 2020.)

Comment

• I can’t wait to come back from my NYC trip and report about the concert!
                            http://marcokircher.com
                            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                            IG: marco235

Comment

She needs 13 additional weeks to surpass OTR
                              OTR made 19 weeks at number 1 right ?
                              Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                I can’t wait to come back from my NYC trip and report about the concert!
                                If she performs an unusual song, please record a snippet at least to share with us!

Comment

• Originally posted by lambforever View Post

OTR made 19 weeks at number 1 right ?
                                  Yup. AIW can surpass it in 3 years...hopefully.

Comment

• AIW was dethroned by the new The Weeknd song and so weird cause all the xmas songs tanked, some even dropped more than 60 spots. and spotify took the whole day to update the chart. I wonder if something fishy was going on with the holidays songs.

Comment

• Nice!! The gap between RAT and AIW has narrowed
                                      The Pop up playlist is probably doing its thing....

[US Spotify]
                                      288,912 streams (Dec 4)
                                      244,045 streams (Dec 5)
                                      Soft heavenly eyes gazed into me
                                      Transcending space and time

Comment

• http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm

Mariah will most likely move to #8 all-time after this season!

HUGEEEEEEEE!

Comment

• Originally posted by lambforever View Post

MiAM and Memoirs era and around album release was crazyyyyy
                                          The Era’s before that you have no idea! I remember when her official website put snippets from Charmbraclet I think it was ‘The one’ and maybe ‘Boy (I need you)’ crazy times.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                            http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm

HUGEEEEEEEE!

Thanks for posting this, it’s pretty interesting. Seeing the recent songs on that list really makes me question how streaming era songs are weighted against songs that required buyers to actually go to a music store and purchase a CD though. I felt the same way when Old Town Road dethroned OSD. Is it a fair comparison? With that said I can’t complain too much when considering the monster AIWFCIY has been in the streaming era!

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyOj View Post

Thanks for posting this, it’s pretty interesting. Seeing the recent songs on that list really makes me question how streaming era songs are weighted against songs that required buyers to actually go to a music store and purchase a CD though. I felt the same way when Old Town Road dethroned OSD. Is it a fair comparison? With that said I can’t complain too much when considering the monster AIWFCIY has been in the streaming era!
                                              Just like every statistic in life it needs context for interpretation. Any statistic doesn’t say much on its own, and will be unfair for some and fair for others. Goes with any statistic in life, like demographic statistics will be interpreted differently by a myriad of political parties. Yet, they all talk about the same one. What I want to say is, just let it go. It’s an endless discussion, and no one will be ever truly right. On this forum, most people will find it unfair for obvious reasons. They will come with valid comments and caveats, but will ignore other caveats that are as valid. I mean same could be said about songs released in the 50’s, 60’s,… they also are undervalued cause they hardly had any platform to become widespread. Streaming reaches way more people than ever before, which is amazing, but I would agree that it also only reflects a portion of the audience.

For me personally, times have just changed too much and any comparison between songs/albums that were released in completely different industries is majorly flawed. It’s just a game of semantics. Yet, they all reflects huge songs of that specific time. There is no way to give songs from different eras a fair and balanced comparison. It’s impossible, and every attempt will be biased. You can try to objectify as much as possible, but you can never fully do it!
                                              Last edited by Michiel; Wed December 7, 2022, 10:22.
                                              Eudaimonia
                                              Last.fm
                                              Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                                Nice!! The gap between RAT and AIW has narrowed
                                                The Pop up playlist is probably doing its thing....

[US Spotify]
                                                288,912 streams (Dec 4)
                                                244,045 streams (Dec 5)
                                                Wonderful news. The playlist definitely helped.
                                                Proceed with Caution

Comment

HUGEEEEEEEE!
                                                  This is great. The song is indeed a global monster.

The song is also inching closer to BB top 100 GOAT songs so we should all be happy. No more meltdowns this year lol

Comment

HUGEEEEEEEE!
                                                    This is huge. Each year the song will get closer to snatching the number 1. Top 8 after this season
                                                    Proceed with Caution

Comment

Working...
                                                    X