No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah and Whitney are truly THE GREATEST EVER. But WYB was not as great imo. I still enjoy the record tho. The duet was such an event back in the day.

Comment

• A lot of you all think that Caution would have been a successful single... but forget that it didn't work the first time we heard it when it was called "We Need A Resolution" by Aaliyah. I also hate "With You" because it was the exact predictable opposite of the unexpected freshness of GTFO. It's just very frustrating to have quality songs on a great album that could very well have been hits and instead they pick literally the weakest songs as singles that went on to garner no attention whatsoever.
      Last edited by Cyclone; Tue April 20, 2021, 23:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
        A lot of you all think that Caution would have been a successful single... but forget that it didn't work the first time we heard it when it was called "We Need A Resolution" by Aaliyah. I also hate "With You" because it was the exact predictable opposite of the unexpected freshness of GTFO. It's just very frustrating to have quality songs on a great album that could very well have been hits and instead they pick literally the weakest songs as singles that went on to garner no attention whatsoever.
        I also have a feeling that Caution was a touch too similar to Post Malone 92 explorer. I do love the song a lot but it is a very similar track. Personally I feel The Distance was a good choice. It is very fresh for Mariah while being upbeatish. I think GTFO is a great track but it was more of an album cut for me - it didnt scream single.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Well.... We Need A Resolution was released in 2001 and we’re talking 2018..... so...... & 92 Explorer wasn’t even a single so nobody would even care about that song.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
            Well.... We Need A Resolution was released in 2001 and we’re talking 2018..... so...... & 92 Explorer wasn’t even a single so nobody would even care about that song.
            Well Post Malone might have

Comment

• Im surprised Stay Long Love You wasnt released. Gunna was on a bit of a streak back then.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well Post Malone might have
                And...?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                  Im surprised Stay Long Love You wasnt released. Gunna was on a bit of a streak back then.
                  Took a while for that one to grow on me, but I love it now.

Comment

• Hello lambs

In the words of Ice Cube, It Was A Good Day

#accountability

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                      Hello lambs

#accountability
                      vaccination day for me today. I'm scared af. pray for me.

There's a hero...
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

There's a hero...
                        Good luck Stevvy. It wiped me out for three days, just make sure you have plenty of paracetamol stocked up as it’s meant to ease the aftermath

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Took a while for that one to grow on me, but I love it now.
                          I don’t think I’d have been mad at ANY of the songs being released other than WY and Portrait

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                            A lot of you all think that Caution would have been a successful single... but forget that it didn't work the first time we heard it when it was called "We Need A Resolution" by Aaliyah. I also hate "With You" because it was the exact predictable opposite of the unexpected freshness of GTFO. It's just very frustrating to have quality songs on a great album that could very well have been hits and instead they pick literally the weakest songs as singles that went on to garner no attention whatsoever.
                            I always thought it sounded ‘Aaliyah’ but couldn’t put my finger on which track but damn, it is We need a Resolution isn’t it! Can’t believe that vibe Aaliyah was coming with nearly 20 years ago. So ahead of her time

Comment

• It’s Timabland influenced but I can’t all these references when the reference was “Be Careful” by Cardi

Similar melody, similar production, she said she loves it, and it went from “be careful” to “proceed with caution”
                              Last edited by allygdale; Wed April 21, 2021, 07:35.

Comment

It’s Timabland influenced but I can’t all these references when the reference was “Be Careful” by Cardi

Similar melody, similar production, she said she loves it, and it went from “be careful” to “proceed with caution”
                                Either way it’s still a banger and would’ve been a GREAT look for her to release as a single and all the comparisons now is just Monday morning quarterbacking.

Comment

• She couldve led the deluxe re-release of Caution with the title track - just in time to kick off the tour.

I think it wasn't released as the first single as it was the last, or among the last, to be completed? I think.

But maybe she needs to wait to complete the album before making single choices cause we always have these debates
                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I would have done Caution, The Distance, A No No, GTFO

I like the vocals in SLLY but it wasn’t as catchy as the others above

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
                                      Mariah and Whitney are truly THE GREATEST EVER. But WYB was not as great imo. I still enjoy the record tho. The duet was such an event back in the day.
                                      Hard to believe it didn't peak higher chart-wise.

Still the most iconic duet in music history

Comment

Congrats Ally!
                                        Hope u're doing ok

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        Good luck, gurl!

Comment

It’s Timabland influenced but I can’t all these references when the reference was “Be Careful” by Cardi

I don't get the Aaliyah comparisson that much.

But yes to Cardi's Be Careful! Didn't know that song until Mariah mentioned it in their interview, and I can totally see the connection.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                          I would have done Caution, The Distance, A No No, GTFO

I like the vocals in SLLY but it wasn’t as catchy as the others above
                                          The Distance ain't that catchy. I like it but I don't love it.

I would have done GTFO / Caution / SLLY / GML.

SLLY issa bop and Gunna was hot in the charts, it would've made some noise.

GML would've been the perfect one to end/close the Era (that never started ).

Comment

• Comment

• SLLY would have done nothing. At all. Lol.
                                              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• ---

Btw, Fantasy is slaying on Spotify.
                                                These past days it's been the 2nd most played song on Spotify, after WBT/GOAT, surpassing ABMB!

Queen of having multiple classics!

Comment

• Bruno Mars, Mark Ronson, Blood Orange, Babyface for the nostalgia and we're good.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X