Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So cute and gorgeous!

[RARE] Mariah Carey Korean Interview (1999)

Comment

• Comment

• Bruno, Blood Orange, Mark Ronson: for that fresh new sound.

JD, Timbaland, JJ&TL, Babyface, Dallas Austin: for that diamond 90s sound.

That album will would be Butterfly meets Cooleyhighharmony.
        Last edited by tee; Wed April 21, 2021, 13:48.

Comment

• WALTER AFANASIEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Also,

whatever the hell happened to Someone's Ugly Daughter? Did Queen gyp us or what?

Comment

• Marc > W4!#3r

Comment

• Bonnie Tyler is on Loose Women shortly and talks about Mariah (again) haha
                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Marc > W4!#3r
                  we love Marc, but nothing comes close to Mariah and Walters catalogue, regardless of his betrayal.

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• ^ Nothing but the TRUTH!

Queen will eventually come around and call up Waldo. He's been groveling for years and she came close to a reunion once thanks to Randy in 2012 and another time in 2015 when they talked on the phone. They make an undeniable duo, she knows it deep down, the industry knows and is THREATENED by their dynamic potential, everybody just knows. It is what it is.

She will do it for the #lambily!

Anyhoo what happened to Queen's latest quarantine performance we were teased with recently? Im really curious to see what song(s) she did!

Comment

• A version of Dreamlover like this would be perfect for an at home concert.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                        She couldve led the deluxe re-release of Caution with the title track - just in time to kick off the tour.

I think it wasn't released as the first single as it was the last, or among the last, to be completed? I think.

But maybe she needs to wait to complete the album before making single choices cause we always have these debates
                        caution needed a deluxe. it was way too short and it could expand its life in 2019 since it was dead beause of xmas

Comment

So cute and gorgeous!

[RARE] Mariah Carey Korean Interview (1999)

She look so beautiful!! They introduced Mariah as the queen of pop.

Comment

• Afanasieff-Carey is Lennon-McCartney

im glad Walter isnt stubborn about not trying again. The thing that may hold Mariah back is she may be embarrassed that her voice is not what it used to be. And that is not her fault. Walters fingers may not play as fast as they used to either... Remember the last time they worked together they made My All, Whenever You Call, Close My Eyes, Lead The Way.

I think in 2015 she was only buttering him up to get what she wants. She had no intention at that time.

Imagine an album where its all these super producers:

ballads:
                            Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis
                            Babyface
                            Walter Afanasieff

mid tempos:
                            Jermaine Dupri
                            Dallas Austin
                            Dev Hayes

Uptempos:
                            Timbaland
                            Bruno Mars

It would be the greatest MC album ever and almost a 1990s greatest hits project.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                              Afanasieff-Carey is Lennon-McCartney

im glad Walter isnt stubborn about not trying again. The thing that may hold Mariah back is she may be embarrassed that her voice is not what it used to be. And that is not her fault. Walters fingers may not play as fast as they used to either... Remember the last time they worked together they made My All, Whenever You Call, Close My Eyes, Lead The Way.

I think in 2015 she was only buttering him up to get what she wants. She had no intention at that time.

Imagine an album where its all these super producers:

ballads:
                              Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis
                              Babyface
                              Walter Afanasieff

mid tempos:
                              Jermaine Dupri
                              Dallas Austin
                              Dev Hayes

Uptempos:
                              Timbaland
                              Bruno Mars

It would be the greatest MC album ever and almost a 1990s greatest hits project.
                              we don't know if the magic will happen again with they would ever collab again. JD and Mariah made abmb and wbt and they tried many times after that and didnt created the same

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

we don't know if the magic will happen again with they would ever collab again. JD and Mariah made abmb and wbt and they tried many times after that and didnt created the same
                                But important to note ABMB came out in 1994 and WBT came out in 2005. That's 11 years in between.
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• listening to Doja Cat/SZA song or Justin Bieber Peaches... I mean... those songs are not even on the same lavel as Mariah's deep album cuts... their thin lil' voices and disco beats... it's nothing special, Mariah could make cute lil' bops like these in her sleep... the question is why isn't she?!

Comment

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
                                    listening to Doja Cat/SZA song or Justin Bieber Peaches... I mean... those songs are not even on the same lavel as Mariah's deep album cuts... their thin lil' voices and disco beats... it's nothing special, Mariah could make cute lil' bops like these in her sleep... the question is why isn't she?!
                                    Because fans describe them as "cute lil bops" that are beneath her.
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Radio update today? Please and thank you
                                      I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Well nobody knows whether the magic will come back or not. On Caution she worked with ten different producers, most of which were completely new to her, and even though it turned out great I would not say anyone of them really created magic with Mariah. Likewise David Foster, or Randy Jackson have not created magic with Mariah.

IMHO there are only two producers that created MAGIC with Mariah. I wont list their names just the songs:

Always Be My Baby
                                        We Belong Together
                                        All I Want For Christmas Is You
                                        Hero

Comment

listening to Doja Cat/SZA song or Justin Bieber Peaches... I mean... those songs are not even on the same lavel as Mariah's deep album cuts... their thin lil' voices and disco beats... it's nothing special, Mariah could make cute lil' bops like these in her sleep... the question is why isn't she?!

I just played Kiss me more, Peaches, and SLLY back and forth. What I noticed was that the other songs have a stronger base, and a little more of a fuller sound.

Vocally, Mariah's voice is fuller than either of theirs. But they all use the filter in the voice that makes the voice sound a bit thiner, and fans criticize when Mariah uses it.

Comment

• This should have become just as iconik as “I don’t know her.” I’m surprised it was swept under the rug.
                                            Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Almost 2 years at the top!!
                                              http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Well, she kinda did with You don't know what to do, also I'm that Chick is in a similar vein.
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

I just played Kiss me more, Peaches, and SLLY back and forth. What I noticed was that the other songs have a stronger base, and a little more of a fuller sound.

Vocally, Mariah's voice is fuller than either of theirs. But they all use the filter in the voice that makes the voice sound a bit thiner, and fans criticize when Mariah uses it.
                                                  Because “the filter” is called AutoTune and it takes away the fullness

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Because fans describe them as "cute lil bops" that are beneath her.
                                                    Yes, but we’re talking about current songs that would get played/streamed

the days of massive songs are behind us, I think
                                                    last really big song that was a huge hit and will last for decades is Shallow imo

Comment

Working...
                                                    X