Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    She said good things about Caution too! Just said she wished she had put another deep cut or two on and said she was in a better place now vocally than when she recorded it

I can’t blame her for shading Lead The Way, it’s an amazing vocal but she and Walter have 15 million ballads together with more inspired lyrics and melodies

It’s the Someday shade that kills me, I freaking genuinely loved that song
    Someday is amazing.

I stand for what I've said. One thing is acting humble, and another thing is constantly shading or underappreciating her own work. It's becoming like the standard and it's not cute anymore. I'm over it, sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      TEOM 26th April:

497,803,126 - 2,196,874 streams to go - 2005 - TEOM
      C'mon! Stream baby, stream!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        Her vibrato is amazing, so well balanced and natural sounding.

Mariah Carey - LIVE Vibrato Evolution In Belts! (1990-2021)

Where is the Hey Jude moment though? The power of Paul’s command

Last edited by allygdale; Tue April 27, 2021, 22:22.

Comment

C'mon! Stream baby, stream!
          imagine... a pre-streaming era act to have 3 albums above 500 million Spotify streams. She is constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

Daydream is on its way to pull 2,8 million streams per week btw. It usually peaks with 400k-405k per day towards the peak of the week. So, it might hit 600 million in early 2022.

currently: 505,041,904 - 1995 - Daydream

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Where is the Hey Jude moment though? The power of Paul’s command
            The POWER!
            I love a show-off moment.
            Her confidence was through the roof that evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
              imagine... a pre-streaming era act to have 3 albums above 500 million Spotify streams. She is constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

Daydream is on its way to pull 2,8 million streams per week btw. It usually peaks with 400k-405k per day towards the peak of the week. So, it might hit 600 million in early 2022.

currently: 505,041,904 - 1995 - Daydream
              Imagine if Spotify was a thing in the 90s.
              She could've collapsed the platform with the slayage.

Current numbers are so healthy!
              And I love to see Daydream having its moment of glory, as it should! and Fantasy so high!

Comment

• AIW is such a monster OMG.

Comment

Someday is amazing.

I stand for what I've said. One thing is acting humble, and another thing is constantly shading or underappreciating her own work. It's becoming like the standard and it's not cute anymore. I'm over it, sorry
                  Yeah... I love Mariah's music, but I don't like her taste in music

How can that be?! How?
                  Doesn't make sense.
                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I have a question: When Mariah says she hates or dislikes certain songs now but when you watch her promoting the eras for these albums and songs, she was saying “I love every song on this album” “These songs are definitely me” “This is my best work” “ The songs on this album are so good”.

Was she lying to us then or is she now? It’s confusing why we have to know that she hates IDWC, Someday, So Cold, all of MusicBox, half of Daydream, for the longest time Glitter and Charmbracelet and suddenly Caution.

Comment

• Y’all do too much. Just because she criticized her OWN work or says something years later doesn’t mean she didn’t like it at the time and isn’t allowed to comment on it. If you like it keep listening, but y’all can’t get mad at her opinion of her own work... that SHE made.

Comment

• Radio Adds - Where I Belong

25 Adds on Urban (#5)
                        2 Adds on Rhythmic
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I need the Don't Stop (Funkin' 4 Jamaica) vid in HQ.
                          The three Mariahs moment is iconic.

I watched this again the other week (in low quality) it’s actually a gorgeous video, the location is stunning. Considering her life at the time she seemed carefree on that shoot and she was actually grooving with her friends and looked comfortable in some scenes. She also looked insanely beautiful.

Comment

Slaydream at the top

Can someone explain how “Album Streams” are counted ? Is it really a full album listen ? Or because xxx million people listen to one song of an album it ends up counting as one album stream ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

Can someone explain how “Album Streams” are counted ? Is it really a full album listen ? Or because xxx million people listen to one song of an album it ends up counting as one album stream ?
                              It doesnt have to be a full album listen. It counts as the way you described it.
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

the person on Twitter is just adding up all the song streams and separates them by album. There’s no special formula.

Comment

• Cant believe the kids are turning 10!

Comment

• Whenever I watch the If Only/Somewhere Over video on YouTube, I swear it’s the recording from my old VHS which had the same distortion.
                                    back in the day, I traded a copy of my VHS tape of Mariah’s tv performances and interviews with a Lamb for a copy of the Tokyo Dome Daydream Concert.
                                    Somehow, I think my recording of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was uploaded to YouTube!
                                    the distortion is the same!
                                    http://marcokircher.com
                                    http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                    IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                      Yeah... I love Mariah's music, but I don't like her taste in music

How can that be?! How?
                                      Doesn't make sense.
                                      She has an amazing taste in music (other artists I mean, her BG music is >>>), the problem comes with her own stuff.
                                      She probably thinks MSG '95 vocals are not good enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Askforsnow View Post
                                        Was she lying to us then or is she now? It’s confusing why we have to know that she hates IDWC, Someday, So Cold, all of MusicBox, half of Daydream, for the longest time Glitter and Charmbracelet and suddenly Caution.

She loves Charmie tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                          I watched this again the other week (in low quality) it’s actually a gorgeous video, the location is stunning. Considering her life at the time she seemed carefree on that shoot and she was actually grooving with her friends and looked comfortable in some scenes. She also looked insanely beautiful.
                                          Yeah, all of this.
                                          The location is amazing and the whole vibe of the vid is so cool.
                                          And she looked gorgeous, I love those scenes with them curls, hot!
                                          It's a shame we have that LQ version, I looked for pics from the shoot (and behind the scenes), and also them are very low quality.

Comment

• Mediabase - Rhythmic

43 (45) - Where I Belong
                                            1.042AI (-0.006)
                                            404 spins (+18)

Mediabase - Urban
                                            0.423 (+0.011)
                                            137 spins (+7)

Mediabase - Top 40
                                            0.003 (+0)
                                            2 spins (+0)

Comment

• Cool On You is really such a certified BOP. I cannot believe it didn’t make the cut for Einstein or any albums since.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                                  Cool On You is really such a certified BOP. I cannot believe it didn’t make the cut for Einstein or any albums since.
                                                  I know!
                                                  One of my favorites from The Rarities.
                                                  Bop for days!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X