• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg is this true?

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
      “Whenever You Call” isn’t my first or second favorite ballad on Butterfly but I firmly believe it could have been a No 1 single if released from that album!
      Yeah the duet version with McKnight would have been a hit.

Butterfly was really a missed opportunity, the two singles were released almost a year apart. Singles should have been:

1. Honey
      2. My All
      3. Breakdown
      4. Whenever You Call (ft. Brian McKnight)

Comment

“Whenever You Call” isn’t my first or second favorite ballad on Butterfly but I firmly believe it could have been a No 1 single if released from that album!
        I agree! It has all of the essential elements and conventions of a 90s power ballad and is completely delicious with all of them. It’s a beautiful song.

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
          What feels like Mariah's blackest album for you?

It may sound counterintuitive, but for me somehow it's E=MC2. Must be the lyrics/language
          90's - Emotions
          00-10's - Memoirs

Comment

It may sound counterintuitive, but for me somehow it's E=MC2. Must be the lyrics/language
            Emotions (sound), Einstein (mostly 'cause the lyrcis).

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            That's probably fan-made up, but I believe it
            Originally posted by allygdale View Post
            Really?
            I think maybe Top 10, but wasn't hit material.
            It's a beautiful ballad, but she was going in another direction.
            My All was a ballad but super sexy with that latin vibe.

Comment

• Mariah Carey - Songs She Wrote ENTIRELY By Herself!

Comment

• LOL, this went viral

Comment

• OMG, so cute <3

Comment

• Brighton Pride is going ahead this year (6th-8th August).

It's a shame Mariah is no longer doing it, it would've been a hot campy festive moment.

Comment

• "Where I Belong" - Spotify Update:

Friday: +17.446
                      Saturday: +16.348
                      Sunday: +13.055
                      Monday: +14.731
                      Tuesday: +14.821
                      Wednesday: +13.825
                      Thursday: +13.567

Total: 1.594.487 streams

---

YouTube views have been for over a week, it did around 380K in 8 days.

Comment

• Happy Birthday to Dem Babies / Dem Kids (and soon to be Dem Legends):

Mariah is so proud of her children - and rightfully so. She found her one true love in the body of her two twins. She really doesn't need dem husbands no more... bc she has infinitely more and deeper and truer love in her life right now (and for forever) (squared).

I remember vividly how she would denounce the idea of ever having kids between 1998 - 2008. I understood where she was coming from at the time... I am beyond myself and so happy for her that she has her two babies bc they healed her soul, heart and mind.

With that much love and stability in her life, the next decades in Carey-land will be nothing, but awesome.

I can't wait for Roc and Roe to enter the music / entertainment scene - we all know they will. They have been stars ever since Barbara Walters said "Aww, OH, Aww, Look at them!", when Mariah debuted that double bundle of joy on her show... I can still picture Roc in his suit and Monroe with her bow... and how absolutely adorable they looked (and continue to be).

As babies... c'mon everyone... they looked like someone drew perfect human beings. They were the cutest babies ever.
                        My Chart

Comment

Maybe not a #1, Butterfly (the best ballad on the album "only" peaked in the top 20 on airplay), but I could have been a cute Top 10 single for sure. (same as Butterfly).

Potential of Butterfly (album)

01 - #01 - Honey
                          02 - #03 - Butterfly
                          03 - #05 - The Roof / Breakdown (Double A single)
                          04 - #01 - My All
                          05 - #10 - Whenever You Call

That a 5x Platinum album only ended up getting 2 eligible singles for charts purposes... is and continues to be a crime against humanity.
                          My Chart

Comment

• She should have used "Supernatural" for that vid she posted!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              Maybe not a #1, Butterfly (the best ballad on the album "only" peaked in the top 20 on airplay), but I could have been a cute Top 10 single for sure. (same as Butterfly).

That a 5x Platinum album only ended up getting 2 eligible singles for charts purposes... is and continues to be a crime against humanity.
                              I agree.

The Roof / Breakdown (Double A single) you suggested would've been quite successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I agree.

The Roof / Breakdown (Double A single) you suggested would've been quite successful.
                                From what I read ... it's obvious that The Roof was THE best reviewed track off the album... and urban / rhythmic radio would have eaten it up. The video was divine too. A physical single release only needed like 100k first week sales... and would have catapulted the song/s into the Top 10 on the H100.

Mariah was robbed of so many potential top 10 singles.
                                My Chart

Comment

OMG, so cute <3

Pretty soon dem kids will have more birthdays than Kween herself.
                                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Emotions, Butterfly, Charm, Emancipation, Einstein (the sounds vary but the Ebonics can’t be denied), Caution with #1 probably being Emancipation just because there are no Karen songs on there.

Did someone really say Karen Box? I know there’s a small exception or so but Hero and WY should automatically disqualify it from being a black anything.
                                    Last edited by Goldmoney; Fri April 30, 2021, 23:33.
                                    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

From what I read ... it's obvious that The Roof was THE best reviewed track off the album... and urban / rhythmic radio would have eaten it up. The video was divine too. A physical single release only needed like 100k first week sales... and would have catapulted the song/s into the Top 10 on the H100.

I know!
                                      I can't believe it was an airplay-only release
                                      I think it could've gone even Top 5.

Also the fact that she never did it live

P.S. is her best song EVER, wbk.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                      Pretty soon dem kids will have more birthdays than Kween herself.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                      Did someone really say Karen Box?

Comment

"Where I Belong" - Spotify Update:

Friday: +17.446
                                        Saturday: +16.348
                                        Sunday: +13.055
                                        Monday: +14.731
                                        Tuesday: +14.821
                                        Wednesday: +13.825
                                        Thursday: +13.567

Total: 1.594.487 streams

---

YouTube views have been for over a week, it did around 380K in 8 days.
                                        The label probably stopped paying for the ads.

Comment

• Karen Box >>>>

Her Blackest album... is Someone's ugleee daughter bc only a black female AC pop star would record a heavy metal album and then not release it. Justice for SUD. Give us #Chick.
                                          My Chart

Comment

LOL, this went viral

That's funny...

He should wait coz he was not the only reporter Mariah had an interview that time...or maybe she just didn't acknowledge time
                                            A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
                                              The label probably stopped paying for the ads.
                                              I know
                                              It crossed 15M views and they were like ok, that's fine

---

Comment

• Mariah Carey - Hero (Acoustic & Chill Version)

Note: "Exclusive Acoustic mix of "Hero" featuring @AcoustiClub​ instrumental. I decided to pitch the song up to normalize her tone. Unfortunately the vocals used aren't the best quality but they're the best we have".

---

WE NEED THAT ACOUSTIC CONCERT!

Comment

She wasn’t robbed of anything! Columbia purchased most of her #1s in the 90s as it is, which is why she has barely any #1s in most other countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by barney1814 View Post

She wasn’t robbed of anything! Columbia purchased most of her #1s in the 90s as it is, which is why she has barely any #1s in most other countries.
                                                    Lol. Ok Barney.
                                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X