Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Damn Mariah, why did she had to talk about the 7 minutes version, now all the lambs are going to complain for years if it's not released (like the Beautiful dance remix).
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

    Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DNK View Post
      Well, I'm hooked. Fabulous in every way.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
        In the video credits say that it is produced and arranged by her. Her mind
        She's such a brilliant musician

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
          She knew what she was doing by mentioning there’s a 7 minute version. She knows how to get us talking

          She loves to mess with us, right?
          I'm sure she will upload the 7 min version closer to Valentine's Day.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
            My partner just tested positive for covid. Pretty sure I got it too! I feel for him! He’s gonna have to endure a lot of MC during our quarantine!
            Oh, that sucks!
            Stay safe dahling!
            And listen lots of Mariah, it's part of the healing!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sYair View Post
              Damn Mariah, why did she had to talk about the 7 minutes version, now all the lambs are going to complain for years if it's not released (like the Beautiful dance remix).
              It’s been 11 years and people are still complaining about skidiving, so WBT 7 min version has a long road ahead lol

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
                I'm just grateful for my MC for doing all these for her fans
                That's what I love about her. She's doing this 'cause she loves music and she loves us.
                She's not trying hard to get success and money of it, unlike others.
                I love the genuineness of it all. But well, it's understandable, she's on another level of her career.

                Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                I wish they would put some reverb on the vocal and release it, I’m obsessed
                It would've sounded even better with some reverb! (all the home-performances lacked of this and we know that can make a nice difference).

                Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                The arrangement is everything! I would spend $$$ to watch Mariah do an entire show in this vein!
                Saaaaame.
                She needs to do a whole show like this.
                Unplugged 2.0 with live vocals, a band and new jazzy arrangements.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sYair View Post
                  Damn Mariah, why did she had to talk about the 7 minutes version, now all the lambs are going to complain for years if it's not released (like the Beautiful dance remix).
                  If she tweeted about it, and Ryan mentioned it after the performance, we're getting it.
                  Be patient, Valentine's Day is on Sunday, she could release it as a gift (closer to) that day.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
                    Well, I'm hooked. Fabulous in every way.
                    #TASTE

                    Comment


                    • Mariah Carey - We Belong Together (Acapella) [Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix]



                      Comment


                      • I think her tone sounds so similar to the recording! The head voice in the second verse is a little extra but you could tell she was having fun with it

                        Comment


                        • Mariah Carey Attempting The End Whistle Of Vision Of Love! (2000-2014)



                          Love the way she polished this ending whistle during the CBW Tour, but all started during Rainbow Tour.
                          She then continued the slayage with TEOM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                            I think her tone sounds so similar to the recording! The head voice in the second verse is a little extra but you could tell she was having fun with it
                            I think the same! In the "acapella" it's clearer.
                            Yeah, she went really extra with some runs and that arpeggio in head voice, but I like when she plays with her voice like that.
                            It's a new rendition, gurl said, I'm doing everything I can
                            I was even expecting an ending whistle

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                              Mmmm.
                              Still not a fan of that tone, sorry.
                              For some reason she's using some kind of effect that makes her sound thin as hell, no resonance whatsoever.

                              That being said, WBT is my all-time fave song. Loved the new arrangement and, all in all, it was a nice rendition.


                              Yes, why does use those chipmunk filters on her songs like in the mix, save the day, the climax of the performance. I’m nervous about her next studio album considering she wanted to add more vocals to Caution. Chile.
                              Me. I am Itsawrap.

                              Comment


                              • To me the BGVs are a huge part of WBT’s magic, especially on the chorus

                                We belong together, togetttttger, come back come back, come back come back, we belong togetherrrrr

                                I remember Mariah saying she didn’t spend much time on the WBT BGVS but they are so integral to it in my humble opinion!

                                They’re airy and layered but all in her mid register instead of the usual very high and very low octave, so they have this warm and totally enveloping quality to them, almost like humidity

                                I just love how they swell in the two final choruses

                                I remember reading her Pitchfork icon piece, they described her voice as a warm comfort, and dem warm qualities in her voice are showcased best in WBT, lead and backgrounds

                                I think that is why it worked so well in the summer!

                                Comment


                                • Is there a 7 min version of the original or the valentine mix?
                                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

                                  Comment


                                  • Oh and even though dem lyrics in Angels Cry could never compare to WBT because they’re much more mythical , that’s another Mariah vocal that is WARM comfort, her tone on that “baby I’m missing you” bridge is just heaven, as are the BGVS in that last chorus, same mid-layers

                                    I think from a strictly technical standpoint, only vocals, the Angels Cry belting is even better than WBT belting because of all the vibrato

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post



                                      Yes, why does use those chipmunk filters on her songs like in the mix, save the day, the climax of the performance. I’m nervous about her next studio album considering she wanted to add more vocals to Caution. Chile.
                                      It’s just too much auto-tune, can we just say it?

                                      It’s totally unnecessary for me too, but I don’t say anything when it’s on a pre-taped live rendition because we know she’s a perfectionist, I just hope it’s not used to that extent on the next album

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                        Is there a 7 min version of the original or the valentine mix?
                                        Valentine's Mix.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                          Oh and even though dem lyrics in Angels Cry could never compare to WBT because they’re much more mythical , that’s another Mariah vocal that is WARM comfort, her tone on that “baby I’m missing you” bridge is just heaven, as are the BGVS in that last chorus, same mid-layers

                                          I think from a strictly technical standpoint, only vocals, the Angels Cry belting is even better than WBT belting because of all the vibrato
                                          Angels Cry is amazing and super underrated, love her tone on the song.

                                          I understand what you're saying about the belting on both tracks, but those are different approaches, you can't really compare them, WBT belting is desperation and agony #drama, she did what she had to do there and it worked perfectly.
                                          Angels Cry on the other hand is on the sweeter/hopeful side, hence the clearer belting and better technique.

                                          Comment


                                          • Hope she continues to post a weekly performance on her social platforms and even cover some classics or current popular songs! That would help regain interest on her. I think they should have done that for MC30, sing a song or two from the era and release on her socmed. But oh well.

                                            Comment


                                            • Very technical analysis of the performance.



                                              I know some of you are gonna enjoy this, especially the ones that are into production and technical aspects of singing, you know who you are!

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by hotMCfan View Post
                                                Hope she continues to post a weekly performance on her social platforms and even cover some classics or current popular songs! That would help regain interest on her. I think they should have done that for MC30, sing a song or two from the era and release on her socmed. But oh well.
                                                I would have loved that, but gurl she's not a machine.

                                                2020 was a crazy year for her (in a great way) and she's already working again, like she took only 1 month off (and probably she was writing stuff during that time LOL).

                                                These type of performances take some quite a time to do it weekly - especially 'cause she always does more than 1 take.

                                                Comment


                                                • Y’all I been watching that damn performance on IG and I just watched on YouTube 1080p and you need to do the same, the tone is there! Them compressed videos ain’t it!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • That WBT performance belongs in the MET Museum! I am still streaming! And the look is just to die for, I feel like I’m watching Unplugged 2021

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X