No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barney1814 received infractions for ignoring moderator instructions and has been banned for 7 days.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• WOW, nice quality!

She looked absolutely gorgeous, I love that outfit so much.

(1080P) Mariah Carey - Anytime You Need a Friend (Hey Hey, it's Saturday 1994)

And btw, them high F#'s >
      The whole performance was a vocal serve.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        barney1814 received infractions for ignoring moderator instructions and has been banned for 7 days.
        This is like the 3rd time in a row.
        This user should be banned permanently IMO.

Comment

• This sounds like a pre-recorded track, but I live for her tone here, that huskiness, so beautiful and rich!

Same with AAO, I wonder if she pre-recorded the vocals for those two performances for this show, 'cause I think she only used them here.

Anyway, simply gorgeous.

---

Btw, 200 pages already!

Comment

• Legendary.

Comment

• The speech was ICONIC.

She looked stunning.

Comment

• Mediabase - Rhythmic

44 (46) - Where I Belong
                1.003 AI (-0.063)
                444 spins (+4)

Mediabase - Urban
                0.478AI (+0.024)
                187 spins (+20)

Mediabase - Top 40
                0.021AI (+0.005)
                5 spins (+1)

Total AI: 1.502
                Total Spins: 636

Comment

• Anitta is such a lamb. I love her.

They need to collabo for the Latin America market.
                  Brazil would eat it up, followed by other countries from the region.

Comment

• I really enjoy Anitta's constant support for Mariah, but a duet between them would be weird. I don't fully see their styles merging...
                    CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                    FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• I heard the opening bars of I’ll Be Lovin’ You Long Time as I exited an IHOP with friends around 3 this morning , and thought I was hearing things. Aside from seeing the video on TRL in 2008, I have never heard that song played unless I went looking for it. I know it was a single, but it never happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                        “Whenever You Call” isn’t my first or second favorite ballad on Butterfly but I firmly believe it could have been a No 1 single if released from that album!
                        Wasn't there something about it was planned as a single and then shnit went down and it never happened?

I sometimes imagine her doing the rounds with this song ala Open Arms... with the same vocal condition, ahhhhh would've been heaven

Comment

• I haven’t been following the mc land recently, is there any word on MC30?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                            I haven’t been following the mc land recently, is there any word on MC30?
                            Still paused or ended

Comment

• Originally posted by Rascali View Post

Wasn't there something about it was planned as a single and then shnit went down and it never happened?

I sometimes imagine her doing the rounds with this song ala Open Arms... with the same vocal condition, ahhhhh would've been heaven
                              It's a travesty that SONY did not really support the album. The roll out was atrocious... Only 2 songs were made availavle to chart on the H100... TWO... and the album still went 5x Platinum... Imagine what it could have done with better promotion.

People always look at the decrease between Daydream (20m) and Butterfly (10m)...

Butterfly could have pulled 15 million if promoted correctly. It was also a shame that the Butterfly Tour didn't visit Europe. The album did well in North America, but kinda underperformedin Asia and espcially Europe, despite being full of inspiring ballads.

It should have sold twice as much in Europe than what it did... bc that R&B infused pop sound was very popular in 1997.

It's a shame that her albums did so "poorly" in Europe in general:

01 - 8,100,000 - Music Box ------------------------------------------- 18,000,000 outside of Europe
                              02 - 3,800,000 - #1's ---------------------------------------------------- 12,200,000 outside of Europe
                              03 - 3,500,000 - Daydream -------------------------------------------- 16,500,000 outside of Europe
                              04 - 2,200,000 - Merry Christmas ------------------------------------ 11,400,000 outside of Europe
                              05 - 1,650,000 - Rainbow ------------------------------------------------ 6,050,000 outside of Europe
                              06 - 1,650,000 - MTV Unplugged -------------------------------------- 4,850,000 outside of Europe
                              07 - 1,600,000 - Greatest Hits -------------------------------------------3,200,000 outside of Europe
                              08 - 1,550,000 - Mariah Carey -----------------------------------------12,550,000 outside of Europe
                              09 - 1,500,000 - Butterfly ------------------------------------------------- 8,500,000 outside of Europe
                              10 - 1,250,000 - TEOM --------------------------------------------------- 7,750,000 outside of Europe
                              --
                              11 - 1,250,000 - Emotions ------------------------------------------------6,950,000 outside of Europe
                              12 - 750,000 - Charmbracelet -------------------------------------------2,250,000 outside of Europe
                              13 - 450,000 - Glitter ------------------------------------------------------ 1,750,000 outside of Europe
                              14 - 400,000 - The Ballads ------------------------------------------------- 600,000 outside of Europe
                              15 - 350,000 - E=MC ------------------------------------------------------1,850,000 outside of Europe
                              16 - 180,000 - Memoirs -------------------------------------------------------920,000 outside of Europe
                              17 - 120,000 - #1 to Infinity --------------------------------------------------200,000 outside of Europe
                              18 - 100,000 - MCIIY ----------------------------------------------------------850,000 outside of Europe
                              19 - 70,000 - Remixes --------------------------------------------------------430,000 outside of Europe
                              20 - 60,000 - Me. I am Mariah --------------------------------------------- 240,000 outside of Europe
                              --
                              21 - 35,000 - Caution -------------------------------------------------------- 165,000 outside of Europe
                              22 - 25,000 - The Rarities -----------------------------------------------------40,000 outside of Europe
                              23 - 15,000 - Mariah's Magical Xmas Special ----------------------------25,000 outside of Europe
                              =30,600,000 in Europe ------------------------------------------------- 117,300,000 outside of Europe
                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                I really enjoy Anitta's constant support for Mariah, but a duet between them would be weird. I don't fully see their styles merging...
                                I don't think it would be weird at all.
                                Something along the vibes of "Downtown" would work very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                  I heard the opening bars of I’ll Be Lovin’ You Long Time as I exited an IHOP with friends around 3 this morning , and thought I was hearing things. Aside from seeing the video on TRL in 2008, I have never heard that song played unless I went looking for it. I know it was a single, but it never happened.
                                  And it had so much potential in '08.
                                  This one or Migrate should've been the 2nd single.
                                  Migrate would've gone #1 and IBLYLT a cute Top 10 bop.

Such a wasted Era

Comment

• Spill.

Comment

• Daydream slaying as per usual

Can't believe that Godbracelet is doing way better than Einstein, Butterfly & Rainbow 'cause those alums have hits! Slay!

Also Glitter deserves better

Comment

• Charmbracelet only has this numbers cause they put IKWYK numbers like it belonged to charmbracelet but it’s always her lowest streamed album (not counting glitter )

Comment

• Love this performance.
                                          I remember it's one of the first vids I saw on YouTube, years and years ago.
                                          Brings good memories <3

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                            Charmbracelet only has this numbers cause they put IKWYK numbers like it belonged to charmbracelet but it’s always her lowest streamed album (not counting glitter )
                                            ... but the song does belong on that album because it exists on it when the album was re-released in 2003 in the UK and Japan.

Universal should upload the re-release to Spotify. I mean everyone has their deluxe versions as the main versions on their artists page...

Mariah's artists page is so messy... because the deluxe versions: TEOM, MIAMTEC don't appear among her albums or they are not even uploaded at all: CB / Caution

In order to increase overall streaming... sorting out her page would be a great start tbh.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

It's a travesty that SONY did not really support the album. The roll out was atrocious... Only 2 songs were made availavle to chart on the H100... TWO... and the album still went 5x Platinum... Imagine what it could have done with better promotion.

People always look at the decrease between Daydream (20m) and Butterfly (10m)...

Butterfly could have pulled 15 million if promoted correctly. It was also a shame that the Butterfly Tour didn't visit Europe. The album did well in North America, but kinda underperformedin Asia and espcially Europe, despite being full of inspiring ballads.

It should have sold twice as much in Europe than what it did... bc that R&B infused pop sound was very popular in 1997.
                                              Maybe Im wrong but I think they didn’t want to release the singles because they wanted people to buy the album instead of the singles. They didn’t do that only with Mariah, also with Celine Dion’s Lets talk about love, by releasing only as an official single in the US My Heart will go on. That marketing strategy was quite common in the 90s
                                              Last edited by David_Mimi; Sun May 2, 2021, 14:14.

Comment

• The way they absolutely killed Glitter’s recurrent sales when they removed it and reuploaded it at such a high price point.

I hope she does more with it for the Anniversary.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                  The way they absolutely killed Glitter’s recurrent sales when they removed it and reuploaded it at such a high price point.

I hope she does more with it for the Anniversary.
                                                  Glitter deserves a special deluxe edition... with like the movie score instrumental of NTF... and Mariah's version of Billie's Blues etc.

I really think - Glitter -The Musical could be something to explore... like... a musical about the era and the behind the scenes downfall etc..mixing scenes from the movie with the tragic Tommy situation and her TRL stunt etc... I'd pay big money to see this.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• To me, Glitter is not just a movie about a singer trying to become a star...

It is a movie about Mariah Carey trying to become an actress who was sabotaged by her ex husband and whose label didn't know what to do. That's Glitter to me. A film within a film.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X