No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah in general should produce a musical.

It is one side of the music entertainment world she has yet to explore. She could rework her classic hits and give them new meaning to coincide with an entertaining story (e.g ABMB being about motherhood).

I watched &Juliet pre-C19 and it reworked (mostly) Britney Spears and other pop hits into a storyline about Romeo and Juliet. Something like that for MC would be amazing.

But, I’m afraid she’s not thinking that far ahead or with such creative vision. Or being challenged to do so by her team.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      Glitter deserves a special deluxe edition... with like the movie score instrumental of NTF... and Mariah's version of Billie's Blues etc.

I really think - Glitter -The Musical could be something to explore... like... a musical about the era and the behind the scenes downfall etc..mixing scenes from the movie with the tragic Tommy situation and her TRL stunt etc... I'd pay big money to see this.
      I wonder how they're going to approach that whole Era in the mini-series.
      One thing is writing about it on a book or narrate it on an audible, but it will be quite shocking in real acting, I feel.
      The Pat episode with the cops...

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      Mariah in general should produce a musical.

It is one side of the music entertainment world she has yet to explore. She could rework her classic hits and give them new meaning to coincide with an entertaining story (e.g ABMB being about motherhood).

I watched &Juliet pre-C19 and it reworked (mostly) Britney Spears and other pop hits into a storyline about Romeo and Juliet. Something like that for MC would be amazing.

But, I’m afraid she’s not thinking that far ahead or with such creative vision. Or being challenged to do so by her team.
      There was a rumor back then about a musical with Leona Lewis, I think Nick talked about it somewhere (?) but I don't know if it's true and I don't know if my memory serves me right (sorry, I couldn't sleep at all, maybe i'm hallucinating )

Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
      Maybe Im wrong but I think they didn’t want to release the singles because they wanted people to buy the album instead of the singles. They didn’t do that only with Mariah, also with Celine Dion’s Lets talk about love, by releasing only as an official single in the USA My Heart will go on. That marketing strategy was quite common in the 90s
      Yeah, it was common back then.
      That's why Can't Let Go didn't reach #1
      Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      ... but the song does belong on that album because it exists on it when the album was re-released in 2003 in the UK and Japan.
      Exactly.

Comment

• Mariah Carey- VOL 2010’s Edition

Jamaica Fest is such a mood.
        I would have loved to be there with a big group of lambs

Comment

To me, Glitter is not just a movie about a singer trying to become a star...

It is a movie about Mariah Carey trying to become an actress who was sabotaged by her ex husband and whose label didn't know what to do. That's Glitter to me. A film within a film.
          Yes to all of this!
          You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Comment

• This never gets old! Hilarious, she's so extra and super funny, how can u not love her?!
              She looked so stunning, gawd, like she was in her mid twenties.
              And why she was throwing random words in Spanish? Did she say "uno más uno por favor"? and then "no me abandones" (Honey reference) & "silencio". Maybe she was recording #Hermosa around that time LOL.

Mariah Carey - Bloopers Reel

Comment

... but the song does belong on that album because it exists on it when the album was re-released in 2003 in the UK and Japan.

Universal should upload the re-release to Spotify. I mean everyone has their deluxe versions as the main versions on their artists page...

Mariah's artists page is so messy... because the deluxe versions: TEOM, MIAMTEC don't appear among her albums or they are not even uploaded at all: CB / Caution

In order to increase overall streaming... sorting out her page would be a great start tbh.
                but the song doesn't belong to mariah's album even if in the UK spotify but it's mirrored to busta's song that has 100M streams, it's like the songs that's on greatest hits or #1's it's like the same song but mirrored on different albums but belongs to their respective albums. for example madonna compilations albums has different edits or remastered songs and they're counted separately from the original. Mariah has her version of IKWYK on the remixes and it has less than 50m streams, but the fans likes to count Busta's streams to charmbracelet which is not correct, those streams belongs to his album

Comment

• Mariah has flirted with the idea of one day doing Glitter as a Broadway musical. She owns the masters and could easily write 50% more new music to replace the cover songs and make it fresh. She already has a great Broadway writer she could collaborate with in Marc Shaiman (Tony winner for Hairspray).

Plus, imagine her being able to maybe get Tina Fey to write the book for the musical.

Why not? Crazier things have ended up on Broadway.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

but the song doesn't belong to mariah's album even if in the UK spotify but it's mirrored to busta's song that has 100M streams, it's like the songs that's on greatest hits or #1's it's like the same song but mirrored on different albums but belongs to their respective albums. for example madonna compilations albums has different edits or remastered songs and they're counted separately from the original. Mariah has her version of IKWYK on the remixes and it has less than 50m streams, but the fans likes to count Busta's streams to charmbracelet which is not correct, those streams belongs to his album
                    By that logic... to which album does When you Believe belong... #1's? My Love is your Love or the Motion Picture Soundtrack?

The version on The Remixes is the same as the version on Busta's album (and the same which appears on Charmbracelet).

I'll Be there is also tagged differently... it's tagged on MTV Unplugged differently than on #1's or GH or #1 to Infinity despite being the same version.

People also tend to say that Mariah is only featured on IKWYW... which also isn't true... the song is credited as Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey ft. The Flipmode Squad...

if she is featured on that song, then she is also just featured on Endless Love or When You Believe.... however, Lauryn Hill is not credited as a feature on Save the Day, but as the main artist alongside Mariah.

While Mariah is not credited on that Drake Song...

It's all in the perspective.

I know what you want was featured on Charmbracelet. That is an undeniable fact. As long as the CB edition which has the song on it isn't on Spotify or any streaming services... I won't count it towards CB... but that's just a personal choice.

I know what you want
                    26th November, 2002 - Busta album release
                    3rd December, 2002 - Charmbracelet release
                    17th March, 2003 - single release
                    31st Match, 2003 - Charmbracelet Special UK edition
                    17th June, 2003 - Charmbracelet re-release Taiwan
                    7th July, 2003 - Charmbracelet re-release Japan
                    29th July, 2003 - Charmbracelet re-release UK
                    3rd October, 2003 - The Remixes release

It's really hard to find the specific release date for the CB re-release. It appears to be varying for different regions and falls between March 2003 to July 2003.

I, myself, own the Malaysian re-release of the album. The re-release belong on Spotify so that we can streams all 4 added tracks. There Goes my Heart is one of my summer jams.

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                      Mariah has flirted with the idea of one day doing Glitter as a Broadway musical. She owns the masters and could easily write 50% more new music to replace the cover songs and make it fresh. She already has a great Broadway writer she could collaborate with in Marc Shaiman (Tony winner for Hairspray).

Plus, imagine her being able to maybe get Tina Fey to write the book for the musical.

Why not? Crazier things have ended up on Broadway.
                      In this stage of her career... she should really branch out more... Musicals and Film music should come natural to her... I don't mean composing ... I mean doing soundtrack songs and working on her story/ie for Broadway...

There is a Christmas musical in her and a regular "Mariah Carey Musical" as well.

I can already picture the main actress who is playing Mariah in the Glitter musical...

Scene 1: Mariah is visiting the Glitter set for the first time... everything is wonderful, a happy-go-lucky song about happiness...

and then Scene 2: She comes home from the set and finds out that Tommy did sth shady... and she is doubting herself...

powerful stuff. I would watch that.

Final scene of the musical... The Hero chords are playing... a live orchestra is playing a pre-lude to the song... then THUNDER sounds... rain... the stage gets dark. Suddenly: 1 spotlight appears... on the Mariah actress... who is seen sitting by herself on what appears to be a beach at sunset. Jack - the dog comes running to her and then she turns around, faces the audience... and sings Hero while all the other actors come onto the stage... she greets them swiftly and sings the song for everybody... curtain call. end.
                      My Chart

Comment

By that logic... to which album does When you Believe belong... #1's? My Love is your Love or the Motion Picture Soundtrack?

The version on The Remixes is the same as the version on Busta's album (and the same which appears on Charmbracelet).

I'll Be there is also tagged differently... it's tagged on MTV Unplugged differently than on #1's or GH or #1 to Infinity despite being the same version.

People also tend to say that Mariah is only featured on IKWYW... which also isn't true... the song is credited as Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey ft. The Flipmode Squad...

if she is featured on that song, then she is also just featured on Endless Love or When You Believe.... however, Lauryn Hill is not credited as a feature on Save the Day, but as the main artist alongside Mariah.

While Mariah is not credited on that Drake Song...

It's all in the perspective.

I know what you want was featured on Charmbracelet. That is an undeniable fact. As long as the CB edition which has the song on it isn't on Spotify or any streaming services... I won't count it towards CB... but that's just a personal choice.

I know what you want
                        26th November, 2002 - Busta album release
                        3rd December, 2002 - Charmbracelet release
                        17th March, 2003 - single release
                        31st Match, 2003 - Charmbracelet Special UK edition
                        17th June, 2003 - Charmbracelet re-release Taiwan
                        7th July, 2003 - Charmbracelet re-release Japan
                        29th July, 2003 - Charmbracelet re-release UK
                        3rd October, 2003 - The Remixes release

It's really hard to find the specific release date for the CB re-release. It appears to be varying for different regions and falls between March 2003 to July 2003.

I, myself, own the Malaysian re-release of the album. The re-release belong on Spotify so that we can streams all 4 added tracks. There Goes my Heart is one of my summer jams.
                        when you believe that has the most streaming is from Whitney's my love is your love. even in mariah's main spotify playlist "this is mariah carey' it's from whitney's album and IKWYK is from busta's "it ain't safe no more" album. and if I'm not mistaken I"ll be there is counted different bc the audio source from MTV unplugged it's different from the #1's/GH
                        and IKWYK original from Busta's album it's different from Mariah's album which is shorter and less popular

Comment

• It's not as simple as you're making it. Here's the playcount for IKWYW here AND it's officially listed on the Charmbracelet album:

I'm sure their labels divide it accordingly. Billboard and Official Charts UK have rules governing compilation and shared songs where they give it to the most popular album that week, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                            It's not as simple as you're making it. Here's the playcount for IKWYW here for Charmbracelet:

I'm sure their labels divide it accordingly. Billboard and Official Charts UK have rules governing compilation and shared songs where they give it to the most popular album that week, I think.
                            if it counts for the most popular than it counts to busta's album only cause it's always more popular than mariah specially cause IKWYK it's only on charmbracelet in like 2 countries? everywhere else in the world the 138 million streams it's from Busta's

Comment

• Potentially. By most popular album, you also have to consider sales and streams of the other songs, etc.

Comment

Potentially. By most popular album, you also have to consider sales and streams of the other songs, etc.
                                but in the spotify page that has IKWYK on charmbracelet already stats from which album the song belongs to. so I'm right it doesn't count for charm streams, it's only mirroring from busta's album

Comment

• I will say that I really like that the songs of Mariah's albums syncs well across all the albums/compilations/EPs in which it is listed.

It would be so ridiculous and unorganised if they had different playcounts for each AIWFCIY found on different albums, for example.

I know Madonna fans hate that this doesnt happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

but in the spotify page that has IKWYK on charmbracelet already stats from which album the song belongs to. so I'm right it doesn't count for charm streams, it's only mirroring from busta's album
                                    What I am saying is that it doesnt matter if it mirrors or not, officially. This is because as long as Mariah and Busta submitted that the song is co-listed on both of their respective albums (or any other album), then Billboard or OCC counts the streams for IKWYW on the album that is most popular (in sales, streams, song units, etc etc) that week. Unless, of course, this doesnt happen or it's not how it works.

Who knows. But, it is not very simple.

Fans compiling and tracking the song for an album really doesnt tell us much, but fans would not be incorrect to count it for Charmbracelet if they make that personal choice.

Comment

What I am saying is that it doesnt matter if it mirrors or not, officially. This is because as long as Mariah and Busta submitted that the song is co-listed on both of their respective albums (or any other album), then Billboard or OCC counts the streams for IKWYW on the album that is most popular (in sales, streams, song units, etc etc) that week. Unless, of course, this doesnt happen or it's not how it works.

Who knows. But, it is not very simple.

Fans compiling and tracking the song for an album really doesnt tell us much, but fans would not be incorrect to count it for Charmbracelet if they make that personal choice.
                                      How does it work for something like Runway ? That is only on streaming in Japan AFAIK. Does that count for the total Caution streams ?

IKWYW definitely did not used to be on Charm. Ive listened to it a load of times and always had to stop if ten seconds into that God awful remix of Through the Rain. I wonder when it was added to the UK version on streaming? Oh Miss you is on it now also. Just noticed. I wonder if she added them during MC30 at some point.
                                      Last edited by InFamous; Sun May 2, 2021, 17:25.
                                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

How does it work for something like Runway ? That is only on streaming in Japan AFAIK. Does that count for the total Caution streams ?

IKWYW definitely did not used to be on Charm. Ive listened to it a load of times and always had to stop if ten seconds into that God awful remix of Through the Rain. I wonder when it was added to the UK version on streaming?
                                        Runway Remix is not counted for Billboard as long as her label doesn't submit that it's part of the album. Of course, this requires that the song be released officially in the US.

I have no clue when IKWYW was uploaded to the UK version, but it has been a while now.

Comment

Runway Remix is not counted for Billboard as long as her label doesn't submit that it's part of the album. Of course, this requires that the song be released officially in the US.

I have no clue when IKWYW was uploaded to the UK version, but it has been a while now.
                                          Well I meant the original Runway not the remix. Isn't that only on Spotify in Japan? I don't have it on mine.

Comment

• ^Sorry yeah, Runway (nor the remix) is available in the US so it won't be counted.

Comment

• Where I Belong is #24 on The Weekend Top 30 - which is a syndicated radio talk show. Good for exposure and airplay!

----

Mediabase - Rhythmic

43 (43) - Where I Belong
                                              1.007 AI (+0.004)
                                              466 spins (+22)

Mediabase - Urban
                                              0.414AI (-0.064)
                                              179 spins (-8)

Total AI: 1.421 (-0.081) 1.502
                                              Total Spins: 645 (+9)

Comment

^Sorry yeah, Runway (nor the remix) is available in the US so it won't be counted.
                                                But is that not the same situation for IKWYW then or am I misunderstanding. Surely it only counts towards the album in the UK and Japan but not the US ? OR is IKWYW now on streaming versions of Charm everywhere ?

Comment

^Sorry yeah, Runway (nor the remix) is available in the US so it won't be counted.
                                                  by that logic why would IKWYK be counted if it's only available on UK too?

Comment

• You all are conflating several things here.

Fans saying that IKWYW/Runway counting for Charmbracelet/Caution because it appears on a version of the album is quite different from what officially counts on the charts.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X