No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everybody, I wanna ask how Billboard calculate points from different remixes of one song. In AIW case, I see that a lot of versions are counted separatedly, while in Taylor's Willow case, all of her point of the remixes were counted towards the main song. So how do they count the point? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
      Hey everybody, I wanna ask how Billboard calculate points from different remixes of one song. In AIW case, I see that a lot of versions are counted separatedly, while in Taylor's Willow case, all of her point of the remixes were counted towards the main song. So how do they count the point? Thanks.
      This is a source of frustration for team MC People used to think that it all depended on the label being the same for all versions of the song.

We dont have access to the official rulebook, but the only versions of AIWFCIY that count as one unit for Billboard are the original, So So Def Remix and Dance Remixes.

All others are seen as new songs.

The UK counts the 2020 version of AIWFCIY, So So Def and Dance Remix alongside the Original as one Unit.

Maybe someone else here has more insight which could be helpful.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
        Hey everybody, I wanna ask how Billboard calculate points from different remixes of one song. In AIW case, I see that a lot of versions are counted separatedly, while in Taylor's Willow case, all of her point of the remixes were counted towards the main song. So how do they count the point? Thanks.
        It’s different for just released new songs which counts every remixes. AIW it’s different cause it’s an old song and has different rules for it. It’s like oh Santa feat JHUD and Ari it’s a separate song because it’s a remix from an old song because if oh Santa solo was released last year and then she dropped oh Santa feat Ari and JHUD weeks later then both songs would count together

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

This is a source of frustration for team MC People used to think that it all depended on the label being the same for all versions of the song.

We dont have access to the official rulebook, but the only versions of AIWFCIY that count as one unit for Billboard are the original, So So Def Remix and Dance Remixes.

All others are seen as new songs.

The UK counts the 2020 version of AIWFCIY, So So Def and Dance Remix alongside the Original as one Unit.

Maybe someone else here has more insight which could be helpful.
          In the case of the UK I remember reading that they only count a finite number of versions - i think it is four. No idea how the US operates tbh. I think they make it up as they go along half the time
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            You all are conflating several things here.

Fans saying that IKWYW/Runway counting for Charmbracelet/Caution because it appears on a version of the album is quite different from what officially counts on the charts.
            OOPS sorry I missed that entire part of the debate I thought we were talking officially.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• AIWFCIY is still pulling 50k daily - again. The song cannot be killed.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                AIWFCIY is still pulling 50k daily - again. The song cannot be killed.
                It's a big world. It must be Christmas somewhere.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

It's a big world. It must be Christmas somewhere.
                  all them pengiuns in Antartica... love it, I heard.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Santa himself also plays it whole year round. As does Mrs Claus and the elves.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• It’s a big #notyet year for me

I need dem strong current vocals on new non-seasonal music

Comment

• Can’t wait for Xmas to stream oh Santa remix. I streamed it more than AIW last Xmas. I’m still sad it didn’t happened a personal selfie with Mariah and Ari or a bts footage of them shooting the video

Comment

• Y’all like my new look?
                          Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                          You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                            Mariah has flirted with the idea of one day doing Glitter as a Broadway musical. She owns the masters and could easily write 50% more new music to replace the cover songs and make it fresh. She already has a great Broadway writer she could collaborate with in Marc Shaiman (Tony winner for Hairspray).

Plus, imagine her being able to maybe get Tina Fey to write the book for the musical.

Why not? Crazier things have ended up on Broadway.
                            Yeah, Marc would make a great partner.
                            I like the idea but I'm not sure tbh. It could be amazing or could be a mess.
                            I would be so nervous if she ever embarks on a project like that

Comment

• Billboard's rules with remixes and credits are very malleable or should I say arbitrary sometimes.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              AIWFCIY is still pulling 50k daily - again. The song cannot be killed.
                              It's not just a Xmas song. People listen to it all year round. It puts you in a good mood, the track is magical. I find myself streaming it quite often 'cause it makes me feel happy.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              The dolphins have also their own version in whistle - and it's a shame it doesn't count for the Hot 100.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                              Y’all like my new look?
                              Sublime, dahling.

Comment

• CB Tour tone is so amazing.

[RARE] Can't Take That Away - Live Shanghai 2nd night

Comment

• FULL MANCHESTER CONCERT, CB TOUR 2003

BAND INTRO

VISION OF LOVE

MAKE IT HAPPEN

HERO

ALWAYS BE MY BABY

The rest of the concert here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCed...IL4rWzA/videos

These live vocals are

Comment

• Slaydream

Comment

• The lambs say memoirs is an impersonal album but I think a lot of the songs are about Nick doing her dirty.
                                      Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                        CB Tour tone is so amazing.

[RARE] Can't Take That Away - Live Shanghai 2nd night

Wow. That Feeee-eeee-eeee-llllll at 3:17!

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                          The lambs say memoirs is an impersonal album but I think a lot of the songs are about Nick doing her dirty.
                                          I do find the songs a bit weird coming from her during that time. But maybe she was channeling someone else. But it did raise flags for me.
                                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                            The lambs say memoirs is an impersonal album but I think a lot of the songs are about Nick doing her dirty.
                                            I don't think it's impersonal at all, but it's not like Butterfly or Charmie level of course.
                                            Obsessed is about the candy thing that she doesn't eat, Languishing is about Alison, Candy Bling is about a lover when she was young I'm sure, some songs are def about Nick and I wonder what is Betcha about, I'd love to know, seems like something that happened to her.

Comment

• Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey - When you Believe - Oscars 1999

First time seeing this in great quality.
                                              Gawd, Mariah looked so gorgeous and classy with the hair like that.

It's a shame she pulled the mic so far during the climax, while Nippy was literally eating the mic LOL.
                                              Her voice was in great shape
                                              It was a beautiful rendition, two Queens.

Comment

• Comment

• Interesting thread!
                                                  Let's add all the songs that have references of Mariah on them, there's so many!

Fifth Harmony has a song called literally "Like Mariah".

She's such an icon and a legend.

Comment

• I haven't watched the first episode of Pose Season 3 yet... but... I ain't ready for any tears.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X