Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    I love all the Caution songs. ANN is such a banger. Why OH Why did she release this masterful album and nobody (outside of us here) cared about it?
    One of the biggest crimes in music history.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    Daydream (era) is far and ahead her biggest era ever. So many records... and everything she released became a smash... even the airplay only single Forever, which peaked at #9.
    Yeah.
    I think it was her biggest Era, at least in the US.
    Some could argue that Music Box was bigger internationally, especially in Europe.

But Daydream had more impact. I mean, Fantasy alone, OSD record, the classic that ABMB is. She was THAT bish.

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
      The day the concert was canceled my heart broke and part of my innocence was lost

I also remember Shaka was mad AF when I told him the news! I know one day she'll come here. Even if it's with some random greatest hits tour like the Asian tour in 2018.
      You and Mariah ruined my 29th bday. Forgive but I can't forget it.

Originally posted by tee View Post
      I would argue that Triumphant & Almost Home were the last time Mariah tried to reach those seemingly impossible notes on recorded music. Nothing since has even come close to that effort vocal wise.
      Heavenly is way more complex vocally and she used her full range on that song, tho the outcome was a mess.

Comment

• Mariah Carey Vision of Love 2010’s Time Travel!!

A shame she didn't perform VOL during AA Tour.

Comment

• Comment

• WTF with Close My Eyes so low?
            The lack of taste I-

Comment

• She's THE STANDARD.

26 weeks at #1 with only 1 album. That's totally crazy.

Current pop gurls today have a #1 for 1 or 2 weeks from a full album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                WTF with Close My Eyes so low?
                The lack of taste I-

Maybe is the CME acoustic from rarities ?

Comment

• I guess everyone else hates ooc like me

Mariah really fumbled caution and the rarities. We could have got some good remixes.
                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                      Maybe is the CME acoustic from rarities ?
                      You're right, it has to be that one.
                      I forgot about its existence since I don't like that new version.

Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                      I guess everyone else hates ooc like me
                      Nope, I really like it

Comment

• I'm so happy for her

Mariah Carey Gets Her 2nd COVID-19 Vaccine & Mocks Accusations That She FAKED It!

Love the little whistle haha.

Comment

You're right, it has to be that one.
                          I forgot about its existence since I don't like that new version.

Nope, I really like it
                          imo CME acoustic version is probably her worst vocals ever recorded. it's painful to hear

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                            imo CME acoustic version is probably her worst vocals ever recorded. it's painful to hear
                            Yeah, belongs with half of MIAM, AH verses & Lil Snowman as her worst studio vocals.

Comment

• SAN JOSE date was so good!

VOL

Slay. That F5!

MAKE IT HAPPEN

5:23 >

AIW

Whistles at the ends <3

HERO/BUTTERFLY OUTRO

"Iiiiiiiiiiiiiit's a long road" was so nice!

And her tone in the Butterfly Outro >

Comment

• Anitta is such a stan OMG she knows all the deep cuts and she has taste!

Lizzo spilled some truth!

And I love the Nippy clip (we miss you, angel <3)!

Comment

Yeah, belongs with half of MIAM, AH verses & Lil Snowman as her worst studio vocals.

Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Sorry, this is gonna be a bit OT, but here we have Whitney in an interview from '92 saying that she doesn't think she has a great voice, actually that she didn't reach her "great voice potential".
                                    And it's impossible to not relate this to Mariah. Like that feel she's not good enough sometimes.

I'm sure they know/knew they've been blessed with an incredible instrument - probably the best ones in non-classical music - but they have this side of having this self-pressure, and while Nippy seems like that super confident woman, she was also very vulnerable and hard on herself sometimes.

Here's the clip:

The more I know about Whitney, the more I understand why they clicked so quick and became friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                      After 2 1/2 years I finally bought Caution. I’m going to start buying all the audio cd’s. I had all of them pre-caution except glitter and the xmas albums but I didn’t take care of them and they were ruined.
                                      Me too. I had all her casette tapes and CDs and they're all gone. Some cassettes were shredded that I can't use them anymore, my niece swept the floor using my Around The World and TAOM DVDs. Lol.

Comment

• Close My Eyes isn't a song you'd stream a lot anyways I don't think, quite a personal heavy song song so need to be in the right zone.

Then the acoustic is top 5 worst vocals Mariah has ever delivered on a song, so yeah, I'm actually surprised it's not actually even lower.

It's criminal Cool on You is on that list though

Comment

•  

Comment

• If Mariah's people are reading this, hopefully they announce and intend to distribute any potential Pride items this month and not wait until the end of Pride month....like they always seem to do.
                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Mariah Carey Vision of Love 2010’s Time Travel!!

A shame she didn't perform VOL during AA Tour.
                                              Her voice sounded so full and different during the All The Hits Tour. That's the closest to the AAT vocals you can get tbh, Shaka. Lol.

Comment

• Mediabase - Rhythmic

42 (43) - Where I Belong
                                                1.054AI (-0.012)
                                                494 spins (+8)

Mediabase - Urban
                                                0.617AI (+0.043)
                                                284 spins (+25)

Total AI: 1.671 (+0.031)
                                                Total Spins: 778(+33)
                                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• The Butterfly outro needs to return and stay in her shows forever. It's so beautiful.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• I read on Twitter #MC30 will return soon with Angels Advocate... Hope it's true.
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X