X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevyy
    Site Supporter
    • 14 May 2005

Originally posted by LambChild

Great news for Latto, honestly. If I recall correctly, someone tried calling this a “semi” hit in here. It’s been massive for a year now in the US and Im glad Mariah could be somewhat a part of it. I actually heard someone drive by blaring the Remix from my window the other day.
    The remix gave Mariah her biggest original song of the decade (so far). It is about to pass 60 million streams on Spotify which - for a 50-something female act - is gigantic.
    My Chart

Comment

• mm2912
      Superstar
      • 04 Jun 2016

Originally posted by RicanMC19

I think if Mariah was credited, then this record would no longer apply, right? The record is for a 'solo' song, with Mariah credited it would no longer be considered a solo song?

Either way, Mariah deserved to be credited!
      You’re right. It was so much better for Latto that Mariah wasn’t credited but gave her stability and longevity and still be credited as solo

Comment

• allygdale
        Superstar
        • 17 Mar 2013

Originally posted by MattyOj

Knowing what we know now it’s surprising that Long Ago made the cut on Daydream. Songs like Everything Fades Away and Slipping Away were considered ‘too R&B’ by the Sony decision makers yet the dark, very hip hop Long Ago was approved. I wonder if Mariah had to fight for that one? I guess Slipping Away was relegated to the b-side of ABMB for thematic reasons… we know Tommy would have HATED those lyrics!
        Long Ago isn’t as R&B as Slipping Away, it has some very melodic pop parts like Always Be My Baby does, especially the “you told me pretty lies” section

It’s always reminded me of TLC

Comment

• mm2912
          Superstar
          • 04 Jun 2016

mariah uploaded on her youtube channel some of global citizen performances

Comment

• skylynx
            Superstar
            • 12 Sep 2009

Comment

• skylynx
              Superstar
              • 12 Sep 2009

I need this Mariah, carefree, on verge of a massive comeback and feeling good. She's so well spoken here...not sure what happened cause her interviews these days have no where near the same focus

Also forgot this WMA 2005, where Mariah in the same room as Patti, Stevie, Rihanna, Beyonce/Desitny's Child, Amerie, Usher,...etc. Gosh RnB dominated the early to mid-2000s. If only this genre is still as popular now. BTW that song Patti sang for Destiny's Child was so fitting for where they were in their career at that point in time.

Last edited by skylynx; Tue October 4, 2022, 19:36.

Comment

• WEBofDESIRE
                Manager
                • 06 Oct 2018

Originally posted by skylynx
                She was really dialed into her messaging there.

The more focused, professional interviews are my favorite as well, but some settings just don't fit that as well. I think we've gotten quite a few good, focused interviews in recent years. The Genius interview comes to mind.

Comment

• naughtynae
                  Legend
                  • 19 Aug 2006

Her best interviews have been in the last few years I don’t get this constant repeating of how terrible all of her interviews have been. Yes there has been some rambling ones but her most in depth, personal and revealing interviews have been over the last few years. Let it go.

Comment

• stevyy
                    Site Supporter
                    • 14 May 2005

I love this. It even included a part from the Global Citizen one.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Statsandchart
                      • 03 Oct 2022

"In the difficult and demanding business of performing arts, you are the crown jewel of success.
                      As a multi-dimensional artist it's an outstanding measure of your artistic talent [...]."

Quoted from Opera legend Leontyne Price's letter to Mariah Carey

Comment

• delapuerta
                        Superstar
                        • 04 Dec 2014

Originally posted by naughtynae
                        Her best interviews have been in the last few years I don’t get this constant repeating of how terrible all of her interviews have been. Yes there has been some rambling ones but her most in depth, personal and revealing interviews have been over the last few years. Let it go.
                        Agree. All these podcast moments. The Oprah interview was good, the Questlove, the RS one and some others.

Comment

• skylynx
                          Superstar
                          • 12 Sep 2009

Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE

She was really dialed into her messaging there.

The more focused, professional interviews are my favorite as well, but some settings just don't fit that as well. I think we've gotten quite a few good, focused interviews in recent years. The Genius interview comes to mind.

Unlike some of you guys I found the Genius interview whilst insightful and she goes deeper than most other interviews....is very tagent laden and meandering. It's right throughout that interview. thoughts that would often take most people sentences to answer she drags it out endlessly with no real connection to the original question or precision in what she's trying to say.

Something's obviously changed in her because pre Caution i've never noticed it..

Comment

• Sebastian
                            Superstar
                            • 24 Nov 2012

The thing with her tangents it that she always tries to come across as polite and respectful. So anytime another person is mentioned, she usually says one or two nice things about him or her and then goes to what she wanted to say. Also she has a lot of Mariah-isms that us lambs understand but a random person watching might find awkward.
                            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• skylynx
                              Superstar
                              • 12 Sep 2009

4 Year anniversary of With You

If there's a song that screams Autumn in Mariah's catalogue, it's this one. Very mellow, smooth and just like her, we want to wrap ourselves around something warm.

I love the video, a return to sophisticated (non body touching or awkward poses) music videos that's highly re-watchable since the TMB days.

Comment

• Eamon
                                Legend
                                • 11 Jun 2009

Originally posted by naughtynae
                                100% agree. Since 2018 we’ve had some brilliant interviews as recent as the Rolling Stone podcast. I don’t really know what else she can do…

Comment

• skylynx
                                  Superstar
                                  • 12 Sep 2009

And let's not forget about the orgasm that is Mimi in the middle of a flower bloom with shirtless hunks like pollen fluttering in the air

Comment

• skylynx
                                    Superstar
                                    • 12 Sep 2009

Originally posted by Eamon

100% agree. Since 2018 we’ve had some brilliant interviews as recent as the Rolling Stone podcast. I don’t really know what else she can do…
                                    Stop talking too fast, take a breath pause, collect her thoughts...the basics. She talks too quickly, rambles and forgets what the question was or the point she's trying to make. It was all over the place in the Global Citizen in between songs.

The Rolling Stone is another tangent prone conversation. Girl, stop digressing. Stay with the story and one line of thinking before shooting off to some weird tangent and taking ages to get back to the original point.

Comment

• InfoFromAus
                                      Manager
                                      • 05 Sep 2005

Originally posted by stevyy

I love this. It even included a part from the Global Citizen one.
                                      That was kinda touching. A reminder of her amazing career and everything she's been through.

I'll always love this song... it was the first time I'd really noticed Mariah back in the day when I became a fan.
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• TheRealest
                                        Legend
                                        • 09 Dec 2009

Did y’all forget she struggles with mental health or what? At 52/53 I don’t see her changing much. She is her. Take it or leave it at this point.

Comment

• Cashiado
                                          Personal Assistant
                                          • 21 Aug 2012

Babydoll is my love….prequel to Joyride, …..has a similar raw vibe. I love both!
                                          That beat in Babydoll!
                                          I just always felt like Joyride was such a raw vocal take when you hear it, just like Babydoll.

Last edited by Cashiado; Tue October 4, 2022, 23:24.
                                          http://marcokircher.com
                                          http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                          IG: marco235

Comment

Working...