No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eminem artist of the 2000s? I like him despite everything and his music is great, but I wouldn't have thought about his name there....

Wasnt there any artist of the decade in 80s?

My feeling is that Mariah had a big impact on aritsts after "her" decade, but I don't fully see this BIG legacy from Em or Drake... Of course we have to wait to see Drake's part, but in the 2010s you don't see that many artists being fully influenced by Eminem as Mariah influenced artists in the 00s and 10s
    VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

Comment

• Ok, I know that this award is probably something very mathematical, and Eminem had many blockbusters in the 00s, still I don't completely see his legacy, at least by 2021

Comment

• Yeah, Leo is mathematical.

I love to see Mariah as the only female, her power!

Taylor is at #2 behind Drake.

Comment

• Is this true?

https://www.culturekings.com.au/prod...irt-white-mens

Comment

• Thoughts on this?

Lip-Sync In Pop Music: A Blessing Or A Curse? Is It Ever OK?

I think there's more artists that lip (basically 99%) sometimes. And Gaga has lipped before too LMAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              Her best covers

1. I'll be there
              2. Without you
              3. Endless love
              4. Open arms
              5. Against all odds
              6. Bringin' on the heartbreak
              7. I still believe
              8. I want to know what love is
              9. Out here on my own

Her worst covers

1. One more torture
              2. The beautiful ones
              Not a fan of TBO as well. It's one along with the Butterfly Reprise that I skip almost all the time. Lol.

Comment

• The lack of taste I-

Comment

• How could they be skippers... I can’t! *breathe and respect people’s taste Lee, music is subjective!*

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                    How could they be skippers... I can’t! *breathe and respect people’s taste Lee, music is subjective!*

Funny the different visions we have for certain songs. Some are really polarizing. Others not so much.

But I guess she has a track for anyone and that's all that it matters!

Comment

• Haha relax guys. We may differ in taste at some point, but we love everyone.

Comment

• M&Ms only went as far as he did because of yt privilege - plain and simple. He was never as good as people set him up to be and his influence in the urban community is very minimal. Even hip hop legends like Snoop Dogg scoff at the idea of him being considered one of the greatest rappers ever despite being the best selling.
                        Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                        You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Funny the different visions we have for certain songs. Some are really polarizing. Others not so much.

Preach... she really does. Nobody knows n music has been more diverse with their styles (include SUD)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Agree! And I love her for that.
                            My best example would be, once again, My All and Stay Awhile. While My All is amongst her best ballads ever, Stay Awhile is one of her finest smooth R&B tracks imo, and both are the smae song with different approach.
                            Pop/Urban lovers will definetly enjoy her catalogue equally, even when each of them would rate each song very differently. I think the current Mariah Rate thread is showcasing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                              M&Ms only went as far as he did because of yt privilege - plain and simple. He was never as good as people set him up to be and his influence in the urban community is very minimal. Even hip hop legends like Snoop Dogg scoff at the idea of him being considered one of the greatest rappers ever despite being the best selling.
                              Yeah, I agree.
                              But the "Artist of the Decade Award" is based on sales and chart success
                              Not that Drake has had that much of impact either IMO.

Mariah is the only woman, the only vocalist and the only one that has had an actual impact in the music game from the list. But that's another topic...

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                Agree! And I love her for that.
                                My best example would be, once again, My All and Stay Awhile. While My All is amongst her best ballads ever, Stay Awhile is one of her finest smooth R&B tracks imo, and both are the smae song with different approach.
                                Pop/Urban lovers will definetly enjoy her catalogue equally, even when each of them would rate each song very differently. I think the current Mariah Rate thread is showcasing that.
                                That's true.
                                Now that u mention, it's interesting.
                                TGIFY (main version) / TGIFY Make It Last Remix
                                ABMB (main version) / ABMB Mr Dupri Mix
                                ISB (main version) / I Still Believe/Pure Imagination Remix (and all the different versions)
                                Heartbreaker (main version) / Heartbreaker Remix / If You Should Ever Be Lonely
                                Fantasy (main version) / Fantasy Remix
                                CTTA (main version / CTTA Revival Triumphant Mix

just to name a few...

You got the ballad or more pop-ish sound, and then you have the urban-ish & hip-hop version with the same track.

Such a genius.

Comment

• Queen.

---

We love her!

---

Her discography >>>

Comment

• It’s Mariah doing a Prince song.
                                    One of her best covers, hands down!
                                    So sad they never had the chance to work together!
                                    I can only imagine how amazing it would have been!

http://marcokircher.com
                                    http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                    IG: marco235

Comment

• Comment

• I'm excited for Glitter's 20th anniversary!

We're approaching the 1 year anniversary of when she made it available everywhere
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Does anyone remember way back in 1999 when the rumoured album title for Rainbow was Limelight?

memories...
                                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Mariah was just live on Twitter in a lamb chat but she got cut off, it was short lived.

Comment

• She’s back!

Comment

• Live scribe:

She just mentioned she’s recording a new “I wouldn’t call it an album but making re-do’s, so I can own my masters!”

- she’s now talking about the SIO tweet and she said “the visuals weren’t to her taste”

- she just said she loves Brandy and she feels like her voice and singing is underrated and she’s great at stacking vocals. she said she would duet with Brandy! In line with that she went back to the “project” she’s working on and said she doesn’t want to give too much away.

- MC30: she said that there will be something at Christmas that will enhance MC30, but was sheepish about saying there would be anything more

- Liron exec produced UTS video

- she spoke of her admiration for Olivia Newton John!

- Maxwell is now on too! And it’s become a convo between Mariah and Maxwell.

- She said “Max, I sent some things tonight, did he receive it?” Sounds like there’s deffo a collaboration album of some sort coming.

- Maxwell is praising Mariah for her impact on music and bringing people together.

- she’s talking about her liberation from the Tommy M situation and the stuff that she’s working on is varied, she would like to set up a fan discussion to discuss it when it gets closer to completion

- she just sang a snippet of ‘Pretty Wings’ by Maxwell and then went back to “I’ve sent you some more stuff over tonight Maxwell, there’s a few choices”.

- she just reference Joni Mitchell lyrics, her musical knowledge blows my mind.

- Maxwell just said Mariah is a survivor and has had so many people pitted against her and that is what fuels her fire, everyone should know that all she wants to do is bring people together. He said Mariah has been put on earth to be a lesson to people about the different types of ‘blackness’

- she said the Marilyn piano was so important for her to get it because she associated it with Marilyns childhood and traumas because she had it since her childhood. She wasn’t interested in the dresses etc because they were something Marilyn wore once but the piano was full of stories and history of abuse thst mariah could relate too.

- she wants to find a way where she can connect to fans more and give insight into what she’s working on but doesn’t know exactly what that is yet.

-she said she’s in the most creative space of her life right now.

- she just shaded Jlo - someone said other singers aren’t as present with their fans and Mariah said something song the lines of “especially if we don’t know them” haha.

- Maxwell just said Mariah has an incredible idea that she’s working on but he can’t say what it is because she would shoot him dead.

- someone’s just asked whether there will be any more late night mixes and she said can we get another 15 minutes in soon so she can give us a taster of what’s going on. she said stuff is on the way and to hang tight.

- she said Prince always wanted artists to be free and would tak to her and Maxwell about that a lot and that inspired her.

- she said next time she wants to have a conversation about a specific chapter in the book. I think it might be the butter knife thing.

- she has whistled at least twice on the call

- she said “my best work is being done right now because I get to live in the studio, like I was with Butterfly, like I was with Mimi” she said “I’m not writing this to try and make a hit, I’m writing this to be real”.

- there’s a new Christmas apple special coming!!!!!!! She said it’s very exclusive and under wraps but It looks like it’s going to be inclusive and involve people with disability etc
                                                Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Wed May 12, 2021, 12:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                  She just mentioned she’s recording a new “I wouldn’t call it an album but making re-do’s, so I can own my masters!”

- she’s now talking about the SIO tweet and she said “the visuals weren’t to her taste”

- she just said she loves Brandy and she feels like her voice and singing is underrated and she’s great at stacking vocals. she said she would duet with Brandy! In line with that she went back to the “project” she’s working on and said she doesn’t want to give too much away.

- MC30: she said that there will be something at Christmas that will enhance MC30, but was sheepish about saying there would be anything more

- Liron exec produced UTS video

- she spoke of her admiration for Olivia Newton John!

- Maxwell is now on too! She said “she sent Max some things tonight, did he receive it?” Sounds like there’s deffo a collaboration album of some sort coming.

- Maxwell is praising Mariah for her impact on music and bringing people together.

- she’s talking about her liberation from the Tommy M situation and the stuff that she’s working on is varied, she would like to set up a fan discussion to discuss it when it gets closer to completion

- she just sang a snippet of ‘Pretty Wings’ by Maxwell and then went back to “I’ve sent you some more stuff over tonight Maxwell, there’s a few choices”.

- she just reference Joni Mitchell lyrics, her musical knowledge blows my mind.

- Maxwell just said Mariah is a survivor and has had so many people pitted together and that is what fuels her fire, everyone should know that all she wants to do is bring people together. He said Mariah has been put on earth to be a lesson to people about the different types of ‘blackness’

- she said the Marilyn piano was so important for her to get it because she associated it with Marilyns childhood and traumas because she had it since her childhood. She wasn’t interested in the dresses etc because they were something Marilyn wore once but the piano was full of stories and history of abuse thst mariah could relate too.
                                                  Thanks for that you beauty.

All sounds quite intriguing!
                                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

Thanks for that you beauty.

All sounds quite intriguing!

lots more added - it’s just finished. Lots of bits of news

Comment

Working...
                                                    X