Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    They are showing this because Levitating might go atop soon. Hopefully next week (on its 32nd week) so that AIW can keep the record.
    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• WaitYourTurn holy crap that's a lot of stuff.

Own her masters? I wonder what she's referring to.

This is all very exciting. But no mention of SUD? stevyy will NOT be impressed. And neither am I!
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• That twitter live was quite informative. It lasted almost an hour!

It was nice to hear her being so chill and excited about her projects. It definitely sounds like shes re-recording material as well as preparing for Christmas.

Nice to hear she’s willing to work with Maxwell.

Great comments about Olivia Newton John and Brandy too!
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Dosent she own her masters after this year anyway? Or is she talking about re-recording her Universal music years? I would rather not try to redo all her old songs, she is not Taylor Swift, as we can see with Close My Eyes, she will never again be able to come close to the greatness her old songs sounded like.

The reason Caution was so good was because there wasnt any comparisons between old and new Mariah. It was all new and sounded all fresh.
          Last edited by tee; Wed May 12, 2021, 14:51.

Comment

• OMG, I missed all of this!

Thanx for the resume, it sounds so exciting and I love that she's so happy with what she's doing - whatever that is!

Yaaay, I'm a happy lamb!

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
            Live scribe:

She just mentioned she’s recording a new “I wouldn’t call it an album but making re-do’s, so I can own my masters!”

- she’s now talking about the SIO tweet and she said “the visuals weren’t to her taste”

- she just said she loves Brandy and she feels like her voice and singing is underrated and she’s great at stacking vocals. she said she would duet with Brandy! In line with that she went back to the “project” she’s working on and said she doesn’t want to give too much away.

- MC30: she said that there will be something at Christmas that will enhance MC30, but was sheepish about saying there would be anything more

- Liron exec produced UTS video

- she spoke of her admiration for Olivia Newton John!

- Maxwell is now on too! And it’s become a convo between Mariah and Maxwell.

- She said “Max, I sent some things tonight, did he receive it?” Sounds like there’s deffo a collaboration album of some sort coming.

- Maxwell is praising Mariah for her impact on music and bringing people together.

- she’s talking about her liberation from the Tommy M situation and the stuff that she’s working on is varied, she would like to set up a fan discussion to discuss it when it gets closer to completion

- she just sang a snippet of ‘Pretty Wings’ by Maxwell and then went back to “I’ve sent you some more stuff over tonight Maxwell, there’s a few choices”.

- she just reference Joni Mitchell lyrics, her musical knowledge blows my mind.

- Maxwell just said Mariah is a survivor and has had so many people pitted against her and that is what fuels her fire, everyone should know that all she wants to do is bring people together. He said Mariah has been put on earth to be a lesson to people about the different types of ‘blackness’

- she said the Marilyn piano was so important for her to get it because she associated it with Marilyns childhood and traumas because she had it since her childhood. She wasn’t interested in the dresses etc because they were something Marilyn wore once but the piano was full of stories and history of abuse thst mariah could relate too.

- she wants to find a way where she can connect to fans more and give insight into what she’s working on but doesn’t know exactly what that is yet.

-she said she’s in the most creative space of her life right now.

- she just shaded Jlo - someone said other singers aren’t as present with their fans and Mariah said something song the lines of “especially if we don’t know them” haha.

- Maxwell just said Mariah has an incredible idea that she’s working on but he can’t say what it is because she would shoot him dead.

- someone’s just asked whether there will be any more late night mixes and she said can we get another 15 minutes in soon so she can give us a taster of what’s going on. she said stuff is on the way and to hang tight.

- she said Prince always wanted artists to be free and would tak to her and Maxwell about that a lot and that inspired her.

- she said next time she wants to have a conversation about a specific chapter in the book. I think it might be the butter knife thing.

- she has whistled at least twice on the call

- she said “my best work is being done right now because I get to live in the studio, like I was with Butterfly, like I was with Mimi” she said “I’m not writing this to try and make a hit, I’m writing this to be real”.

- there’s a new Christmas apple special coming!!!!!!! She said it’s very exclusive and under wraps but It looks like it’s going to be inclusive and involve people with disability etc

Comment

• I found the audio for the lambily lounge

Comment

• I don't really know about masters and owner rights, but I hope the next album isn't just a redo of early 90s songs :/

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                  lots more added - it’s just finished. Lots of bits of news
                  Wow, really!
                  I'm super excited.
                  2021/2022 are going to be amazing years I feel!

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                  Does anyone remember way back in 1999 when the rumoured album title for Rainbow was Limelight?

memories...
                  I totally forgot about that!

I prefer Rainbow tho, it's quite iconic (and super campy!)

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                    WaitYourTurn holy crap that's a lot of stuff.

Own her masters? I wonder what she's referring to.

This is all very exciting. But no mention of SUD? stevyy will NOT be impressed. And neither am I!
                    I tried to get a question and I was gonna ask about SUD, but no such luck.

Comment

Wow, really!
                      I'm super excited.
                      2021/2022 are going to be amazing years I feel!
                      It feels like it doesn’t it!

She sounded super chilled and was casually eating whilst talking haha

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                        They are showing this because Levitating might go atop soon. Hopefully next week (on its 32nd week) so that AIW can keep the record.
                        I know.
                        But I think Levitating will hit #1 either next week (32nd) or the next one (33rd). It's peaking in all the formats and the current Top 3 isn't gaining much (except for Peaches on radio).

Comment

• Ewww I don’t need old songs with her current voice. Does she think we will stop listening to the original and replace with the new ones like Taylor Swift did to own her masters?

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                            So do I.

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                            I found the audio for the lambily lounge
                            Thanx for posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                              Ewww I don’t need old songs with her current voice. Does she think we will stop listening to the original and replace with the new ones like Taylor Swift did to own her masters?
                              We don’t even know what it is she’s doing yet. She’s feeling creative and we will likely get something amazing!

Comment

She sounded super chilled and was casually eating whilst talking haha
                                Yeah, she sounds super relaxed.
                                I love her tone in this live, like all good vibes.
                                Listening to it rn and enjoying every moment.

Cashiado is gonna be super excited about Maxwell, I know! Loved his words.

P.S. the way she loves us tho!

Comment

We don’t even know what it is she’s doing yet. She’s feeling creative and we will likely get something amazing!
                                  Exactly
                                  Already complaining

---

LMAO she impersonated Aretha she's so good at it!

And LMAO at Mariah teasing Maxwell about the name of his fans

Comment

• Hhmmm I think a lot of artists ( and fans) seem to be confused about this masters thing. If you redo something that does not mean you are going to own the original master - you will simply own the master of the new version. Taylor Swift fans in particular have gotten this so wrong and have been incorrectly crowing about it for months.

I would be interested in hearing new interpretations of old hits but you have to wonder how she could even attempt to recreate those early 90's songs at this stage.
                                    However I loved her redo of Can't Let go while Close my eyes was awful so I guess it can go either way. But yeah that is not going to stop anyone listening to the originals so I don't see what the point of her talking about it in that way.
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Live scribe:

- she said “my best work is being done right now because I get to live in the studio, like I was with Butterfly, like I was with Mimi” she said “I’m not writing this to try and make a hit, I’m writing this to be real”.

This coupled with the statement she made last about her voice being well rested and ready to do what it needs to do has me excited to hear what she's working on.

Also interesting about the Masters and re-doing some stuff. I wonder what song(s) she refers to and why she chose now to do this.
                                      Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        Hhmmm I think a lot of artists ( and fans) seem to be confused about this masters thing. If you redo something that does not mean you are going to own the original master - you will simply own the master of the new version. Taylor Swift fans in particular have gotten this so wrong and have been incorrectly crowing about it for months.

I would be interested in hearing new interpretations of old hits but you have to wonder how she could even attempt to recreate those early 90's songs at this stage.
                                        However I loved her redo of Can't Let go while Close my eyes was awful so I guess it can go either way. But yeah that is not going to stop anyone listening to the originals so I don't see what the point of her talking about it in that way.
                                        Exactly. She’ll own the re-do version not the original. Like she re-recorded ABMB for the hbo special and she owned this as her master and she probably got paid fully. Maybe she wants to redo her biggest hits to license when a project ask for her song to be use in a film or whatever and she gets paid in full.
                                        but the thing is she can’t never recreate or do better than her old recordings. Taylor Swift on the other hand her voice is better now than before so I think the new recordings are better than the original IMO
                                        i hated CME acoustic and WBT late night is cute but her voice on it was a no for me

Comment

• She should begin to get her original masters back soon. I guess its a long process and negotiation but in the interim if she chooses to devalue the original until
                                          they are returned then I cant blame her! Who knows, it could be a negotiation tactic.

Her frequent mention of the label has me a bit concerned that there are problems behind the scenes, but that could just be me reading too much into it.
                                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Love them both, but CB whistles were more stable and more pleasant IMO.

Mariah Carey Charmbracelet VS TEOM Vision of Love Whistles!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              She should begin to get her original masters back soon. I guess its a long process and negotiation but in the interim if she chooses to devalue the original until
                                              they are returned then I cant blame her! Who knows, it could be a negotiation tactic.

Her frequent mention of the label has me a bit concerned that there are problems behind the scenes, but that could just be me reading too much into it.
                                              Maybe she got a problem with Sony again? I believe I saw somewhere she owns half of the universal/defjam recordings masters

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post
                                                This coupled with the statement she made last about her voice being well rested and ready to do what it needs to do has me excited to hear what she's working on.

Also interesting about the Masters and re-doing some stuff. I wonder what song(s) she refers to and why she chose now to do this.
                                                I need more info!
                                                I hate when she teases like this LOL, but at the same time I'm happy!
                                                Hopefully she will do another Live Lounge and will give us more details.

I like what she said about the Xmas project for this year btw <3 An inclusive Queen.

Comment

• I have a feeling we’re getting a re-interpretations album with a whole host of duets included and I ain’t mad at it.
                                                  mid that’s where she is creatively and she’s going to completely change the originals, let her be. Imagine singing the same songs over and over for 30 years... I’d want to change the arrangements up too.
                                                  the only thing that throws me from that, is the statement about “I’m not writing this to be a hit, I’m writing it because it’s real” makes it sound like she’s working on originals. SO CONFUSED BUT SO EXCITED!

Comment

I like what she said about the Xmas project for this year btw <3 An inclusive Queen.
                                                    agreed, sounds like this years special will be much more charity focused, which I’m here for.

also, the fact her specials are being recommissioned only a year after the first one is a testimony to her longevity!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X