Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, I want to know exacly what she is working on
    Seems like is doing new songs with Maxwell, I wonder if she's working on new stuff with other people too.
    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• It is obvious what she is doing right now... she is recording the soundtrack to "The Meaning of Mariah"... tentatively out in spring of 2022.
      My Chart

Comment

• Mediabase - Rhythmic

40 (42) - Where I Belong
        1.123AI (-0.004)
        574 spins (+2)

Mediabase - Urban
        0.542AI (+0.001)
        377 spins (+16)

Total AI: 1.665 (-0.003)
        Total Spins: 951 (+18)
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
          I have a feeling we’re getting a re-interpretations album with a whole host of duets included and I ain’t mad at it.
          mid that’s where she is creatively and she’s going to completely change the originals, let her be. Imagine singing the same songs over and over for 30 years... I’d want to change the arrangements up too.
          the only thing that throws me from that, is the statement about “I’m not writing this to be a hit, I’m writing it because it’s real” makes it sound like she’s working on originals. SO CONFUSED BUT SO EXCITED!
          Yeah, it's a bit confusing, especially that last part.
          I guess she's working on multiple projects, maybe a re-interpreation body of work (kind of) and some new songs (some collabos probably).
          Who knows?!
          I won't be mad at new versions of old songs (like she did with Hero in '09) but I much prefer new material.
          Time will tell

Comment

• MOD Note

barney1814 has been banned for 3 months, pending further review.

Comment

agreed, sounds like this years special will be much more charity focused, which I’m here for.

also, the fact her specials are being recommissioned only a year after the first one is a testimony to her longevity!
              I know, and I love that.
              Of course, the past Xmas Special was a success... of course they want to have her again (I mean, the negotiations started that same December LOL).

I just hope Spotify doesn't take this on a personal level

Comment

• a second apple tv special would be amazing. I know that she will give the audience sth amazing... the first special was great. I'm hoping for 1-2 new xmas tunes and a 2nd soundtrack. <3
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                  Seems like is doing new songs with Maxwell, I wonder if she's working on new stuff with other people too.
                  I hope so!

---

Btw, do we know the date of release of Jam & Lewis upcoming album that features Mariah?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    It is obvious what she is doing right now... she is recording the soundtrack to "The Meaning of Mariah"... tentatively out in spring of 2022.
                    This isn’t a bad guess Stevvy, you could be onto something!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I know, and I love that.
                      Of course, the past Xmas Special was a success... of course they want to have her again (I mean, the negotiations started that same December LOL).

I just hope Spotify doesn't take this on a personal level
                      Hopefully with an even bigger budget this year... imagine what they could concoct!

Comment

• Mariah was not only the 90's ARTIST OF THE DECADE but she also ranked at #4 on BB Female Solo Artists of the 2000s Decade.
                        That's pretty impressive. I mean, she was competing with girls half her age and managed to be in the Top 5.

Comment

Hopefully with an even bigger budget this year... imagine what they could concoct!
                          I'm sure they're gonna give her a bigger budget this year.
                          Prepare yourself for a Xmas slayage˛.

I hope she does a vid for C(BPCH) as well

Also I can't wait for this b!tch to break her own Spotify record for like the 3rd or 4th time already (I lost the count!) since the platform is now available in more countries.

She also needs to do something for Facebook!

Comment

• Will she give up finally oh santa? Or will she try again? Lol

Im so excited about all the new things. Btw, maX weĺl talking all 5he time makes me anxious lol

Comment

• I want a new song :(

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                I want a new song :(
                                I need a new song.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Comment

• So hot.

Comment

• They should marry. <3
                                      My Chart

Comment

• I think we are getting new music this year.

Plus re-do. If it's in the vein of We Belong Together - late night mix. I'm all for it.

And of course Im always ready for some new Christmas songs.
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                          Does anyone remember way back in 1999 when the rumoured album title for Rainbow was Limelight?

memories...
                                          Never heard that at that time. I do remember back in 1993 she was going to release a new album called Hero (which of course was re-named to Music Box).

And then there is All That Glitters which became Glitter.

And The Art Of Letting Go that became Me. I am Mariah - the elusive chanteuse.

Maybe there were other titles in early stages from other albums, but before social media, you didn't get all the news.

Comment

• hey guys, here is the link to the thread containing the recordings of the first part that we missed in the YouTube video.

Comment

I have a feeling we’re getting a re-interpretations album with a whole host of duets included and I ain’t mad at it.
                                              mid that’s where she is creatively and she’s going to completely change the originals, let her be. Imagine singing the same songs over and over for 30 years... I’d want to change the arrangements up too.
                                              the only thing that throws me from that, is the statement about “I’m not writing this to be a hit, I’m writing it because it’s real” makes it sound like she’s working on originals. SO CONFUSED BUT SO EXCITED!
                                              I had the same feeling specially cause she said about redoing songs and she’s being teasing collab with Maxwell, brandy and others. I think I would like that

Comment

• Tbh, whatever she decides to do, I'm just happy we'll get something new this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                  Tbh, whatever she decides to do, I'm just happy we'll get something new this year.
                                                  ditto!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    Tbh, whatever she decides to do, I'm just happy we'll get something new this year.
                                                    This. Mariah never disappoints.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X