Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I'm sure they're gonna give her a bigger budget this year.
    Prepare yourself for a Xmas slayage˛.

I hope she does a vid for C(BPCH) as well

Also I can't wait for this b!tch to break her own Spotify record for like the 3rd or 4th time already (I lost the count!) since the platform is now available in more countries.

She also needs to do something for Facebook!

Spotify streams are minuscule in all the new countries. Take Korea for example. The most popular song on Spotify is streamed 14,000 streams in a day. Top songs in other countries manage only a few thousand. Christmas songs are also not popular in any of the new countries.
    Last edited by Clown10; Wed May 12, 2021, 20:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
      hey guys, here is the link to the thread containing the recordings of the first part that we missed in the YouTube video.
      I see me on there

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I had the same feeling specially cause she said about redoing songs and she’s being teasing collab with Maxwell, brandy and others. I think I would like that
        Same. But i hipe she redoes no singles. Imagine migrate featuring Ariana and Cardi ❤

Comment

• If Apple is doing another special this year, I hope she gets the massive promo again!

I must say they gave our girl next level promo on their platforms and it really paid off. I would love if MC does something with Sleigh Ride!
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            If Apple is doing another special this year, I hope she gets the massive promo again!

I must say they gave our girl next level promo on their platforms and it really paid off. I would love if MC does something with Sleigh Ride!
            apple did a wonderful job with Mariah's xmas special... they invested big money in her... and it paid off. The special was so well received. We need a real scripted movie or sth in 2021. Sth like Michael Jackson's Moonwalker... but with MIMI and with Xmas music. Make it Happen.
            My Chart

Comment

• I love that she is in studio rat mode, and doing what she wants to do

Maybe we will get new songs? I just need one! I was hoping for a lead in for summer

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

apple did a wonderful job with Mariah's xmas special... they invested big money in her... and it paid off. The special was so well received. We need a real scripted movie or sth in 2021. Sth like Michael Jackson's Moonwalker... but with MIMI and with Xmas music. Make it Happen.
                Here you go:

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post

Spotify streams are minuscule in all the new countries. Take Korea for example. The most popular song on Spotify is streamed 14,000 streams in a day. Top songs in other countries manage only a few thousand. Christmas songs are also not popular in any of the new countries.
                  AIWFCIY went to #2 already in South Korea without help from Spotify. South Korea is a very Christian country where Christmas songs are very popular. Also streaming is going to blow up during the holidays in a lot of those countries even though the numbers don't impress you now.

Comment

• Wow it really does sound like she has a lot of projects on the go. I wonder what the owning her masters project is? I agree on the more remakes with collaborations idea.

Also the comment about her focusing on not writing a hit excites me she seems to be in a great creative space I am so ready. Although I do miss a Mariah summer single release I guess I can wait till next year.

Comment

• Do tou have songs that you usually didn’t like or at that time was disappointed being released but now that we don’t have anything new to release tou just rediscovered those songs?
                      im currently enjoying STD, with you, portrait

Comment

Do tou have songs that you usually didn’t like or at that time was disappointed being released but now that we don’t have anything new to release tou just rediscovered those songs?
                        I enjoy all of those songs, but it's always hard with new Mariah because of the urge to compare with past perfection. Like...I knew STD and With You weren't hits when they came out as singles, unlike the way "Touch My Body," "Obsessed," and "#Beautiful" screamed hit from the moment I first heard them.

But at the end of the day, they are all high quality music.
                        You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

Do tou have songs that you usually didn’t like or at that time was disappointed being released but now that we don’t have anything new to release tou just rediscovered those songs?
                          I really like "I Don't" more now than back in 2017.
                          Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

I still love it

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

YES!! And one of the Triumphant remixes.

I also really loved Caution, the album. I liked With You from the start but I didn’t think it would be a hit. And it’s one of my most streamed songs ever (since 2016).

Comment

• I’ll never forget when Obsessed dropped. It was such a banger... like sis made up for not releasing Migrate AND it was a diss such exciting times

Comment

• Something MC said under her breath yesterday in the Twitter space is that she also mentioned that they are filming.

Maybe it's something similar to the WBT Late Night thing, but I would love it if it's an actual behind the scenes creation of an album/project similar to the E! documentaries of yesteryear

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Wow. I really love Mimi with a full smile.

Comment

I heard “You’re mine” for the first time the other day and really enjoyed it, I remember being super disappointed that this was the best Mariah and Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jerkins could come up with. I was so sad they didn’t work together in the late 90’s early 00’s, but now I enjoy the song a lot more, it just should have stayed on the album.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Never heard that at that time. I do remember back in 1993 she was going to release a new album called Hero (which of course was re-named to Music Box).

And then there is All That Glitters which became Glitter.

And The Art Of Letting Go that became Me. I am Mariah - the elusive chanteuse.

Maybe there were other titles in early stages from other albums, but before social media, you didn't get all the news.
                                        I remember when it was rumoured that E=MC2 was going to be called Sweet Soul Odyssey

Comment

• Heard Where I Belong for the 1st time on radio last night! I think the last time I heard a new Mariah song on radio was #B so it was nice to hear.
                                          funny how one can learn
                                          to grow numb to the madness
                                          and block it away

Comment

• During the MIAM pre-era, MC once said the title would
                                            be related to Babydoll. So some guessed here that it would be called “Velvet Kisses”

Comment

Tbh, whatever she decides to do, I'm just happy we'll get something new this year.
                                              Exactly! <3

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              I was waiting for you to mention the song
                                              ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                                                AIWFCIY went to #2 already in South Korea without help from Spotify. South Korea is a very Christian country where Christmas songs are very popular. Also streaming is going to blow up during the holidays in a lot of those countries even though the numbers don't impress you now.
                                                Exactly.

Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                                I've always loved I Don't. It's a total bop.

Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                                                YES!! And one of the Triumphant remixes.

I also really loved Caution, the album. I liked With You from the start but I didn’t think it would be a hit. And it’s one of my most streamed songs ever (since 2016).
                                                Triumphant OG & remixes are super underrated and it's a shame.

With You is gorgeous.

I feel like some people start to dislike songs when they under-perform even when they're quality ones.

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                I’ll never forget when Obsessed dropped. It was such a banger... like sis made up for not releasing Migrate AND it was a diss such exciting times
                                                I remember when it premiered on radio. I was so happy!

Comment

Something MC said under her breath yesterday in the Twitter space is that she also mentioned that they are filming.

Maybe it's something similar to the WBT Late Night thing, but I would love it if it's an actual behind the scenes creation of an album/project similar to the E! documentaries of yesteryear
                                                  I'm sure there's something similar to WBT (Late Night Mix).
                                                  We have pics from the same set in the same place (from her make-up artist) and Bryan posted a pic a few days ago in his stories also with the same decoration and in the same location.
                                                  Imagine if they're filming videos for all the re-do's and we have not only an audio body of work but also a visual one, with differente ensembles, etc. I would love that.

Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                                                  Wow. I really love Mimi with a full smile.
                                                  We all love her full smile

Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                                  I heard “You’re mine” for the first time the other day and really enjoyed it, I remember being super disappointed that this was the best Mariah and Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jerkins could come up with. I was so sad they didn’t work together in the late 90’s early 00’s, but now I enjoy the song a lot more, it just should have stayed on the album.
                                                  The instrumental is gorgeous, but I have some problems with the vocals on that one.
                                                  ​​​​​​​I still enjoy it.

Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                                                  I remember when it was rumoured that E=MC2 was going to be called Sweet Soul Odyssey
                                                  Yeah!
                                                  It's interesting but I much prefer the Einstein reference, way more iconic.

Comment

• Here's the full Lambily Lounge Part II.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X