No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the fact that those two songs were big/massive hits in Asia & Brazil helped with the streams.

For example, Obsessed was the bigger hit in the US yet IWKWLI has more views on YT, and Angels Cry that flopped in the US has almost just as many views.

#B was bigger in the US and it did its thing in some international markets but it wasn't huge in any part of the globe, unlike the other 2 songs from MOAIA. I think that makes the difference.

Comment

• #B's video streams are so bad bc the videos were atrociously bad. Like amateur bad. I can't.

Obsessed should be her biggest video ever, bc it is her best video ever. <3 #justice.

still, looking at the latest developments in streaming: Heartbreaker had its best day yesterday on Spotify, crossing 60k daily. (almost en par with WYB and TMB).

While My All continues to flop and decrease. What is wrong with people. My All is her best song ever? Why are people doing this to her? It's the greatest latin-ballad ever done. Stream it. Support it. Justice it.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        While My All continues to flop and decrease. What is wrong with people. My All is her best song ever? Why are people doing this to her? It's the greatest latin-ballad ever done. Stream it. Support it. Justice it.
        Nobody wants to listen to My All in the middle of a pandemic, me included, and it’s my fav #1 song!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Btw, her My All performances from Rainbow Tour are some of her best EVER.

Tone and agility >>>

I also love her vocals saves/note changes here.

So gorgeous! I want a tour date from rainbow on streaming and of course charmie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

Nobody wants to listen to My All in the middle of a pandemic, me included, and it’s my fav #1 song!
            I listen to it daily. it could totally be about covid "I'd RISK MY LIFE TO FEEL YOUR BODY NEXT TO MINE"

Comment

this is illogical. The song can end pandemics.
              My Chart

Comment

You should start blasting it around Germany then
                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

You should start blasting it around Germany then
                  I'm doing that every day. But nobody here knows what a Mariah Carey even is. It's frustrating.
                  My Chart

Comment

#B's video streams are so bad bc the videos were atrociously bad. Like amateur bad. I can't.
                    I like the #B video.
                    IWKWLI is one of the worst vids I've ever seen yet it did pull great numbers.
                    Same with Angels Cry, totally forgettable to say the least.
                    If #B have been a huge hit in another country it would have more views.
                    Anyway, 57.5M is not that bad considering the fact that there's more vids from the song (the explicit alone with 14M views and the audio video with 3.8M, plus remixes).

Comment

Excuse me, but I listen to My All on a daily basis. As people should.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      This is true.

Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                      So gorgeous! I want a tour date from rainbow on streaming and of course charmie.
                      Yeah!
                      Milan was the best date, I'd love to have that one.
                      Charmie has lots of amazing shows, but I would probably go with Costa Mesa or Zurich (or a mix of performances from the best dates, like Around The World DVD).

I can't believe that these tours weren't released on DVD, even when they were professionally recorded

Comment

• She slayed in Milan!

Without You

2:03 was so good.
                        The whole performance was a serve. She went for all the notes.

She also did her thing on MIH, Crybaby and Emotions.

Also remember that was the last time she did climax of ABMB live.

She could totally do it like this nowadays and it would work very well, she doesn't need to lip it (especially when the difference is so abrupt w/ that pre-recorded track she uses).

Comment

• AIW is that bish.

Comment

• The outtakes from the Caution photo-shoot are amazing.

Here's a new one:

Comment

• Happy Anniversary to Vision Of Love, the greatest debut single in music history IMO and one of the most impactful songs EVER.

Comment

• Mariah-adjacent news - Mixedish has been cancelled.
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• The Loverboy tee is closer to the OG (than it seems on her store).

I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    Mariah-adjacent news - Mixedish has been cancelled.
                                    Yeah, someone mentioned earlier here.

We know the reasons?

---

Btw, the Mariah's character on Luis Miguel series has appeared already?
                                    Asking this 'cause I don't watch it and I only wanna see the Mimi's story.

Comment

• This was such a good performance.

2:15 - 2:20 I felt that!

Make It Happen @ Manila

Comment

• Comment

• The flex tho.

Comment

• Mariah's record is safe, LOL (AIW 35 weeks).

I'm so happy for Dua, she deserves this #1.
                                            She also deserves more #1s tbh, she has had huge hits that failed to reach the top but out-streamed and out-skinnied forgettable #1 debuts that we saw free fall after the 2nd week and no one remembers 'em.

Comment

• Me. I am Mariah is in dire need of Justice.

Spotify, the last 6 days combined: +208,550
                                              +178,580 - 2013 - #Beautiful
                                              +6,077 - 2014 - You're Mine (Eternal)
                                              +4,989 - 2013 - The Art of Letting Go
                                              +4,741 - 2014 - Thirsty
                                              +4,611 - 2014 - You Don't Know What To Do
                                              +4,169 - 2014 - Faded
                                              +2,816 - 2014 - Dedicated
                                              +2,567 - 2014 - Cry.
                                              = These 8 songs belong to her 115 most streamed songs overall. But they wouldn't rank anywhere near the top 200 with those daily streams. Justice it.

Caution: (May 9th - May 14th): +216,563
                                              +41,590 - 2018 - A No No
                                              +29,968 - 2018 - Caution
                                              +28,679 - 2018 - Giving Me Life
                                              +28,420 - 2018 - With You
                                              +24,136 - 2018 - The Distance
                                              +23,107 - 2018 - GTFO
                                              +18,900 - 2018 - 8th Grade
                                              +7,940 - 2018 - One Mo' Gen
                                              +7,532 - 2018 - Stay Long Love You
                                              +6,291 - 2018 - Portrait

The Emancipation of Mimi: (May 9th - May 14th): +2.015,317
                                              +1,192,614 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                                              +322,050 - 2005 - Shake It Off
                                              +209,993 - 2005 - It's Like That
                                              +99,600 - 2005 - Don't Forget About Us
                                              +27,009 - 2005 - Get Your Number
                                              +23,848 - 2006 - Say Somethin'
                                              +23,724 - 2005 - Fly Like a Bird
                                              +20,245 - 2005 - Mine Again
                                              +18,508 - 2005 - Circles
                                              +16,866 - 2005 - We Belong Together Remix
                                              +16,585 - 2005 - Stay The Night
                                              +12,577 - 2005 - One & Only
                                              +11,045 - 2005 - I wish you Knew
                                              +10,940 - 2005 - Your Girl
                                              +9,713 - 2005 - Joyride

Daydream: (May 9th - May 14th): +2,260,122
                                              +840,376 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                                              +814,214 - 1995 - Fantasy
                                              +419,509 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                                              +68,987 - 1996 - Open Arms
                                              +39,996 - 1995 - Underneath The Stars
                                              +25,583 - 1995 - When I saw you
                                              +23,837 - 1995 - Forever
                                              +15,737 - 1995 - Melt Away
                                              +11,883 - 1995 - I am Free

E=MC˛: (May 9th - May 14th): +603,514
                                              +376,286 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                                              +126,218 - 2008 - Bye Bye
                                              +73,770 - 2008 - I Stay In Love
                                              +16,564 - 2008 - I'll Be Lovin' You Long Time
                                              +10,676 - 2008 - Cruise Control

Butterfly: (May 9th - May 14th): +608,682
                                              +230,228 - 1998 - My All
                                              +183,349 - 1997 - Honey
                                              +94,582 - 1997 - Breakdown
                                              +57,969 - 1997 - Butterfly
                                              +27,038 - 1997 - The Roof
                                              +15,516 - 1997 - Whenever You Call

Memoirs: (May 9th - May 14th): +1,026,592
                                              +864,609 - 2009 - Obsessed
                                              +90,743 - 2009 - I Want To Know What Love Is
                                              +36,615 - 2009 - Angels Cry
                                              +25,432 - 2009 - HATEU
                                              +9,193 - 2009 - Up Out My Face

Music Box: (May 9th - May 14th): +1,449,864
                                              +653,034 - 1993 - Hero
                                              +599,945 - 1994 - Without You
                                              +125,233 - 1993 - Dreamlover
                                              +57,956 - 1994 - Anytime you Need a Friend
                                              +13,696 - 1993 - Music Box

Rainbow: (May 9th - May 14th): +548,216
                                              +301,746 - 1999 - Heartbreaker
                                              +125,192 - 1999 - Thank God I Found You
                                              +39,533 - 1999 - Can't Take That Away
                                              +37,947 - 1999 - Against All Odds
                                              +32,763 - 1999 - Heartbreaker (Remix)
                                              +11,035 - 1999 - Crybaby

Merry Christmas: (May 9th - May 14th): +325,277
                                              +267,398 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                              +18,797- 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                              +15,035 - 1994 - O Holy Night
                                              +6,351 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                              +6,304 - 1994 - Silent Night
                                              +2,950 - 1994 - Joy to The World
                                              +2,580 - 1994 - Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
                                              +2,556 - 1994 - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing / Gloria
                                              +1,458 - 1994 - Jesus Born On This Day
                                              +1,848 - 1994 - Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child

Merry Christmas II: (May 9th - May 14th): +12,701
                                              +4,641 - 2010 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ExtraFestive)
                                              +3,511 - 2010 - Oh Santa
                                              +1,802 - 2010 - Auld Lang Syne
                                              +861 - 2010 - O Holy Night Live
                                              +823 - 2010 - Christmas Time Is In The Air Again
                                              +577 - 2010 - When Christmas Comes
                                              +486 - 2010 - Here Comes Santa Claus

Mariah Carey: (May 9th - May 14th): +285,050
                                              +124,960 - 1990 - Vision of Love
                                              +83,415 - 1990 - Love Takes Time
                                              +44,677 - 1991 - Someday
                                              +31,998 - 1991 - I Don't Wanna Cry

Emotions: (May 9th - May 14th): +294,101
                                              +232,343 - 1991 - Emotions
                                              +37,909 - 1991 - Can't Let Go
                                              +23,849 - 1992 - Make It Happen

#1's: (May 9th - May 14th): 531,035
                                              +368,771 - 1998 - When You Believe
                                              +72,733 - 1998 - Whenever You Call (ft. BM)
                                              +70,843 - 1999 - I Still Believe
                                              +18,688 - 1998 - Sweetheart

Charmbracelet: (May 9th - May 14th):
                                              +85,090 - 2002 - Through The Rain

Albums with most songs in the top 115:
                                              15x - The Emancipation of Mimi
                                              10x - Merry Christmas
                                              10x - Caution
                                              9x - Daydream
                                              8x - Me. I am Mariah
                                              7x - Merry Christmas II You
                                              6x - Rainbow
                                              6x - Butterfly
                                              5x - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                                              5x - Music Box
                                              5x - E=MC˛
                                              4x - #1's
                                              4x - Mariah Carey
                                              3x - Emotions
                                              1x - Charmbracelet
                                              1x - MTV Unplugged
                                              1x - #1 to Infinity
                                              1x - The Rarities
                                              1x - #1 to Infinity
                                              1x - Mariah's Magical Xmas Special Stk.
                                              0x - Glitter​​​​​​​

Can we all make MIAM one of her signature albums...? 8 songs in and not doing a dent on streaming totals. smh. Where are those ratchet peeps at who bang to Thurstay... or who constantly claim they would use Faded and Dedicated? Y'all are hypocrites.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Obsessed is still that bitch.

Comment

• What’s kind of funny about dem Spotify stats is they show that the singles were right for E but wrong for Caution

Though I suppose some people already know the singles more on albums like E?

Giving Me Life deserved a million dollar video, I always wanted it to have visuals despite its song length

I hope with whatever is next Mariah can do more expensive videos again, find a way to get them funded by brands and such like AIWCIY 2019
                                                  Last edited by allygdale; Sat May 15, 2021, 20:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                                    The outtakes from the Caution photo-shoot are amazing.

Here's a new one:

This photoshoot was a slay, Nicholas Bru did such an amazing job with dem looks, I loved the white dress too

Comment

Working...
                                                    X