Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I know it's not a fan favorite, but I love this song.

It's My All older cousin after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        I know it's not a fan favorite, but I love this song.

I live for the melody and vocals in the verses but the chorus doesn’t do it for me in any respect except dem “giving you my heart and soul” backgrounds because they are so Mariah, a moment

Any song on that album with fat ass belts about love or heartbreak after VOL, LTT, and Someday was going to No 1 shoulda been Vanishing

End rant

Comment

• Sometimes I wonder if Music Box the song is my favorite song of all time

Comment

I know it's not a fan favorite, but I love this song.

IDWC was an instant favourite for me when it was first released. Dem fat belts were amazing. The radios too played the hell out of tht song.

Comment

• A nice Mariah reference by John Oliver this weekend.
              Talking about a bird that is not best known for singing, "Sure, the bird is no Mariah, but it's also no Roseanne. If that bird is anyone, it's Fergie."

☺️☺️

I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                Sometimes I wonder if Music Box the song is my favorite song of all time
                So does Maxwell!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

So does Maxwell!
                  Really? Taste

She and Walter were on this dark sweet moody tangent with MB and Everything Fades Away, that last chorus with the “and I feel alright!” hits me so damn hard every time, and the end how it almost turns into a sexy R&B song tease “Going to give you all of my love, now and forever, my love” dem soft layers with the whistles on top and the man singer moaning in the background, so damn sexy, sounds like a wedding song
                  Last edited by allygdale; Mon May 17, 2021, 08:05.

Comment

Really? Taste

She and Walter were on this dark sweet moody tangent with MB and Everything Fades Away, that last chorus with the “and I feel alright!” hits me so damn hard every time, and the end how it almost turns into a sexy R&B song tease “Going to give you all of my love, now and forever, my love” dem soft layers with the whistles on top and the man singer moaning in the background, so damn sexy, sounds like a wedding song
                    Well, when you sell it like this...
                    Giving it some spins right now
                    I can't even know what to say...

Comment

Really? Taste

It’s definitely one of the best cuts on that album, particularly the part you highlighted... I feel the need to play it now.

And yeah, Maxwell said on the recent Twitter chat that it was his favourite Mariah track

Comment

• Music Box the song is soooo sweeeeeet!

Ah Mariah.

And then how that sweetness is so perfectly followed by the opening bars of Now That I Know. Just so good.
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post

IDWC was an instant favourite for me when it was first released. Dem fat belts were amazing. The radios too played the hell out of tht song.
                          IDWC Paris performance from the Daydream tour is one of my personal faves. I cant connect much with the album version but the live performances are something else.The outro from the Tokyo night slays me
                          Everything, it only fades...

Comment

Really? Taste

The BEST songwriting partnership in music history. Better than Bacharach & David, Nicholas & Valerie, Jonn & Paul, the Gershwins, Goffin & King, Elton & Bernie, Keith & Mick, Michael & Quincy.

MIMI & Waldo

Here's to (at least) one new collaboration on #MC16!!!!!

Comment

Really? Taste

Impossible not to go ahead and play it after this description!

I always loved it. But it’s so deep and special that it can’t be played just anytime. It’s a whole mood.

Comment

• She and Walter are the best song writing duo in music, not just the deep cuts but like 8 #1s (US & UK) hits out of her 19 were from their team partnership.

I love how she says she is a studio rat again like butterfly times, would be nice if Walter could be part of it too.

Comment

• What worked with Mariah and Walter was their chemistry, rapport and trust.

They have none of those things currently. It's just not going to work.
                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Im going to need Queen to finally UPLOAD her version of Someones Ugly Daughta on streaming services!!! Ive worn The Rarities OUT. I need me some new MC for the summer.

I wish I could directly ask/beg her for it on the next Lamibly Lounge But I somehow always miss those............its unfair

Comment

I don't know, it's a blasphemy.
                                      After the #JusticeMovement I thought it was gonna do better.
                                      I mean, The Rarities is doing twice as much
                                      Then again, the Rarities has 3x as many songs...

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if Music Box the song is my favorite song of all time
                                        It's a gorgeous track <3

Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
                                        Really?
                                        I thought it was her least successful #1 along with Someday and TGIFY.
                                        Seems like I was wrong!

"I Don't Wanna Cry" reached number 1 in its eighth week and spent two weeks at the top, from May 19 to June 1, 1991. It replaced "
                                        I Like the Way (The Kissing Game)" by Hi-Five, and was replaced by Extreme's "More Than Words." The single became Carey's third number 1 single on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart. It remained in the top 40 on the Hot 100 for 13 weeks and was one of four Carey singles on the chart's 1991 year-end chart, ranking 26.
                                        Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                        A nice Mariah reference by John Oliver this weekend.
                                        Talking about a bird that is not best known for singing, "Sure, the bird is no Mariah, but it's also no Roseanne. If that bird is anyone, it's Fergie."
                                        Ha impact.
                                        Ended the birds kingdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                          So does Maxwell!
                                          Yep, #taste.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                          She and $%&/" were on this dark sweet moody tangent with MB and Everything Fades Away, that last chorus with the “and I feel alright!” hits me so damn hard every time, and the end how it almost turns into a sexy R&B song tease “Going to give you all of my love, now and forever, my love” dem soft layers with the whistles on top and the man singer moaning in the background, so damn sexy, sounds like a wedding song
                                          That part you pointed out is so stunning and haunting.
                                          EFA ended every song on the album tho.

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                          It’s definitely one of the best cuts on that album, particularly the part you highlighted... I feel the need to play it now.
                                          Did the same, haha.
                                          Months without listening to that track.
                                          Brilliant, superb deep cut indeed.

Comment

• I love Music Box (the song) as well.

In general... I adore the entire album. I know that many lambs of today... have no real connection to that incarnation of Mariah because they probably never experienced it in real time. But the album was so smooth and gentle and therefore so fresh and unique at its time. (Especially in EU where Euro-dance was peaking).

I love all of the ballads on Music Box. In EU "Everything Fades Away" has always been on the original release... and it's kinda like a biblical song which puts me in a trance.

All I've ever Wanted and Just To Hold You Once again are also great. Their melodies, the vocal delivery. It was perfection.

I know that Music Box is probably her "whitest" sounding album, but it's still awesome.

It saddens me that from an album which has sold over 26 million copies... only the 4 singles are currently used by the GP.

But MIMI is to blame for it as well to a certain degree... bc she never performs any album tracks...

I know it is hard to pick an obscure song to sing during a concert or whatever... (especially when you have 40+ actual hit songs to choose from). But it would be so awesome to hear some album cuts performed from time to time. Even a medley would suffice.

I hate Mariah for thinking that those people who are going to a Mariah concert in 2020 -onward would be the type of fan who wouldn't know Till the end of time or Vanishing or Music Box or Melt Away... etc.

If she were to perform Petals or whatever during a concert everyone would burn their wigs in shock and happiness.

During the SSFT she was singing AAO again (albeit a hit in EU), everyone was getting their lives and fan recordings of that song have amassed 300 / 400 thousand clicks on youtube.

One would think that her team would also see this... and convince her to branch out more. But so far, nothing.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post
                                              IDWC Paris performance from the Daydream tour is one of my personal faves. I cant connect much with the album version but the live performances are something else.The outro from the Tokyo night slays me
                                              I think that's her best IDWC performance EVER 'cause in Paris her voice was a lil thicker than on the rest of the dates from the DD Tour and I live for it.

4:00 - 4:15 that change in the melody

Probably Frankfurt was just as good.
                                              It's a crime we don't have footage from that show.

---

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              What worked with Mariah and Walter was their chemistry, rapport and trust.

They have none of those things currently. It's just not going to work.
                                              Exactly.

They WERE the best partners and they DID magic together.
                                              But it's not gonna happen again.

---

Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                                              Then again, the Rarities has 3x as many songs...
                                              It was just a comparison.
                                              Glitter, the cult classic, can't be doing only 84K per week.

Comment

• Furthermore, I sometimes watch clips from the Elusive Tour in Asia... and gurl, those Asian fans were getting their lives when she performed Thristy. Even songs like that... she could perform and everyone would bang the person next to them. It's that powerful.

I thought that (and hoped) that during Corona shutdown, Miss MIMI would book another live-concert for TV opprtunity akin to Shining Through the Rain... so many missed opportunities to be creative and in control of the narrative... and yet no vision by anyone around her.

She could do a TV concert special, sing all of her inspirational songs and be heralded for her courage to support everyone who is currently suffering.

In a perfect world, I would be her manager.

Also leaving us hanging amidst MC30 is really unprofessional - if you ask me. I mean it is OK if there is no more material for her to release... but then she should communicate it that way... and not promise more and never follow up.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  If she were to perform Petals or whatever during a concert everyone would burn their wigs in shock and happiness.

During the SSFT she was singing AAO again (albeit a hit in EU), everyone was getting their lives and fan recordings of that song have amassed 300 / 400 thousand clicks on youtube.

One would think that her team would also see this... and convince her to branch out more. But so far, nothing.
                                                  Leave Petals alone 'cause she lipped the song during MIAM(TEC) Tour and I will never forgive her for that

But yeah, you're right.

Looking In should be part of her setlist, I mean.

But sis prefer to bop to Shake It Off instead I wonder if that's her favorite song she's ever created (?) We know Mimi lacks taste with her own work (most of the time).

Comment

• Lastly, what was the entire point of making us aware of Chick / SUD... and even talking about "looking for the recordings of her own vocals" when she will never not ever give us that album?

I'm realistic now: we will never get it. EVER.

Even if she only found 2-3 tracks... that would have been enough for me... make a lil EP and that's it. I would die.

I mean yes, she talked it about bc she wanted us / the world to know that her creativity knew no bounds and that the label stifled that by not releasing it at all and putting it away... That's OK. It was interesting to know these facts and very exciting... but to actually alluding to finding it and doing sth with it... and then never do anything with it... is cruel.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X