Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Leave Petals alone 'cause she lipped the song during MIAM(TEC) Tour and I will never forgive her for that

But yeah, you're right.

Looking In should be part of her setlist, I mean.

But sis prefer to bop to Shake It Off instead I wonder if that's her favorite song she's ever created (?) We know Mimi lacks taste with her own work (most of the time).
    I love SIO too... I do. I think it translates well into a live setting, especially with live instrumentation. But she should mix it up a little bit. re-envision the original production... for a live setting.

When she performed If It's Over on SNL... the song itself is fire and her vocals were Godlike... but also the live band did it justice and helped it get to that next level of greatness... especially those horns and trumpets and saxophones... I mean it sounded amazing.

I need more of that...

ILT is probably the best live song in her discography from a production point of view. The song is a banger... but with those slight production changes and that heavy dum-beat during the live performances... it opens me up like a bottle. lol.

ILT should always be followed by Thirsty. imo.
    My Chart

Comment

• Just listening to "Say Somethin'" and What. A. Tune.

I remember hearing a very poor leak at the time prior to the album and thinking it was incredible, and so many years later it's aged beautifully. 2005 - 2008 Mariah was so good.
      UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

It was just a comparison.
        Glitter, the cult classic, can't be doing only 84K per week.
        I know. I feel the same way about songs that are supposed to be fan favorites, like The Roof. All these years and it hasn't even reached 10 million streams.

In regards to the amount of tracks of an album, I always think that Caution could have performed better if it had just 3 more songs, especially because we compare it to albums with 16 songs AND bonus tracks. Then again, maybe what makes the album so great is that it is so succinct. Each song has a different vibe, and there are no fillers.

Comment

• NEW YORK, CB TOUR '03

BAND INTRO

MAKE IT HAPPEN

VISION OF LOVE

That ending!

HERO/BUTTERFLY OUTRO

Great date vocally!

The rest of the concert: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCed...IL4rWzA/videos

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

I know. I feel the same way about songs that are supposed to be fan favorites, like The Roof. All these years and it hasn't even reached 10 million streams.

In regards to the amount of tracks of an album, I always think that Caution could have performed better if it had just 3 more songs, especially because we compare it to albums with 16 songs AND bonus tracks. Then again, maybe what makes the album so great is that it is so succinct. Each song has a different vibe, and there are no fillers.
            Caution also benefitted from the streaming era. It was released in the streaming age... for that alone... it should have reached 200 million streams by now... because of how good it is...
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
              Just listening to "Say Somethin'" and What. A. Tune.

I remember hearing a very poor leak at the time prior to the album and thinking it was incredible, and so many years later it's aged beautifully. 2005 - 2008 Mariah was so good.
              Was it the “for sample clearance only” version... haha

i remember when it was released officially it was weird to hear it without that watermark all over it

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                Lastly, what was the entire point of making us aware of Chick / SUD... and even talking about "looking for the recordings of her own vocals" when she will never not ever give us that album?

I'm realistic now: we will never get it. EVER.

Even if she only found 2-3 tracks... that would have been enough for me... make a lil EP and that's it. I would die.

I mean yes, she talked it about bc she wanted us / the world to know that her creativity knew no bounds and that the label stifled that by not releasing it at all and putting it away... That's OK. It was interesting to know these facts and very exciting... but to actually alluding to finding it and doing sth with it... and then never do anything with it... is cruel.
                stevyy You are going to a dark place, lol. You need a little more Through the Rain and a little less Looking in, hehe. I feel you though!

I think she talked about Chick as part of her book release. The fact that she made those tracks illustrates what that era felt like to her, and that even though she was imprisoned in some ways, she found ways to liberate herself, even if it was secretly. I think the story gave her media attention, and played a part in her marketing campaign for the book. It also took her forever to get Glitter on streaming. I'm still hopeful that she'll get it out. She has to be very careful with it so that it doesn't detract how she is working her image towards the GP.

With #MC30, my guess is that they had a few releases from the vault planned. The whole thing then grew legs, especially with the pandemic. I wonder if they realized that they could save some MC30 stuff for later when they need her to be in the media again?

Part of the PR work IS to keep people talking, expecting, waiting...

I do agree that it is cruel... And that maybe they missed the moment when everyone was talking about some of these missing projects/songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

i remember when it was released officially it was weird to hear it without that watermark all over it
                  It absolutely was!!!

Oh that takes me back - leaks were more special 15 years ago!
                  UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

10 tracks are perfect IMO.

Emotions has 10 tracks.
                    Merry Xmas has 10 tracks.
                    Caution has 10 tracks.
                    Music Box has 10 tracks.

The problem is that the album (Caution) lacks a hit.
                    The hits carry the album streams.
                    That's why DD is so high.

Comment

• Personally I just think if she had her vocals from the SUD album she just should have released it as it was. The whole draw for that album was Mariah doing a rock/grunge album and the raw vocals. It did not need a redo with Millie Bobbie Brown or anyone else. Sometimes I think she just overthinks things and does too much instead of just keeping thing simple. Just my take on the whole SUD thing.
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        Personally I just think if she had her vocals from the SUD album she just should have released it as it was. The whole draw for that album was Mariah doing a rock/grunge album and the raw vocals. It did not need a redo with Millie Bobbie Brown or anyone else. Sometimes I think she just overthinks things and does too much instead of just keeping thing simple. Just my take on the whole SUD thing.
                        Yeah, I agree.
                        She should have released it as soon as she found it, when the news was still making some headlines and it was on people's mind somehow.
                        Now - if she ever dares to release it - it's gonna be only for the hard-core lambs.
                        I love SIO as well, but she could do some switches sometimes.
                        Her discography is so vast, yet she's performing the same 20 songs all the time.
                        It makes sense in Vegas 'cause that's other audience, but during her tours I mean... all (mostly) lambs waiting for some obscure tracks.

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

I heard the leak but I don't remember how it sounded.
                        Anyone has it?

Comment

• Comment

• April was bleak dahlings!

C'mon, stream baby, stream!

Comment

• I always prefer the undubbed. Well, almost.

Comment

April was bleak dahlings!

C'mon, stream baby, stream!

That's what happens when you stop MC30!

Comment

• SUD should have been released with the book, she would have exploded in the media at the time. Then the Rarities could have come out closer to Christmas to keep the momentum going. (Or the double disc could have been the Rarities + SUD)

she has been planning this book book for years and knew she was going to bring up Chick so why not have everything ready for the launch. Why not make the biggest splash possible for the memoirs

Comment

• OMG have y’all seen Hacks on HBO Max?!

Some of it was definitely inspired by Mariah

She does Vegas gigs and Christmas album cover shoots in the first episode, it looks like MC’s 2018 and 2019 Christmas shoots
                                    It’s getting rave reviews

Seeing this old 69 year old woman doing this stuff MC does now does make me wish Mariah would give us more “new” mixed in with the “legacy” tho
                                    Last edited by allygdale; Mon May 17, 2021, 19:38.

Comment

• Maybe Sony wouldn’t let her buy the masters for SUD with original vocals

Her masters are worth a fortune which is why she can’t buy them back, they don’t expire for 35 years and it’s only been 31 since the first

If she has access to original SUD vocals she should just use them and pretend they are new like she did by keeping original AIWFCIY vocal as a background on Def Jam 2011 version

Comment

I don't know, it's a blasphemy.
                                        After the #JusticeMovement I thought it was gonna do better.
                                        I mean, The Rarities is doing twice as much
                                        I streamed The Rarities a lot as it has so many "new" songs.
                                        I have known the Glitter songs for years. I do stream them, but no way as much as the songs from The Rarities.
                                        I guess most lambs rather stream new songs than known songs.
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

That's what happens when you stop MC30!
                                          LOL, no.
                                          She ended MC30 on mid February.

Comment

• Honestly, just re-release the Caution album with Caution (the track) being the lead , add Faded and 3 new songs and re-do the vocals on Portrait. Bam!!!!
                                            Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• I miss Tour-Riah.

I miss listening to her live vocals.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                                Honestly, just re-release the Caution album with Caution (the track) being the lead , add Faded and 3 new songs and re-do the vocals on Portrait. Bam!!!!
                                                Why would she do that when she's working on new music?

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                                  Honestly, just re-release the Caution album with Caution (the track) being the lead , add Faded and 3 new songs and re-do the vocals on Portrait. Bam!!!!
                                                  add Faded? As I pointed out in one of my latest rants... nobody - not even the lambs - use that song. It gets less than 1000 streams per day.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

Why would she do that when she's working on new music?
                                                    I agree. I want new bops. (or ballads) or both.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X