Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

It is her 57th biggest streaming song. Together with the Crybaby (double a single) it is probably eligible for a Gold Cert in the USA. It has sold almost 350k physical singles... so 150k from digital sales and streaming?

anyway... a smash is a smash. It peaked at #28 on the H100 as a double a single with Crybaby.
    No idea I don't track streams or whatever.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• She needs another banger asap

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
        She needs another banger asap
        Whatever she is working on right now... i know it will set my heart on fire. <3
        My Chart

Comment

• She needs to take us to the club like JD said she would on "You Had Your Chance"!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
            I really hope Mariah is on the Skrillex album out in June
            I'm totally here for that.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
            Mariah liked Skrillex’s latest lyric tease on IG
            I hope they work together again anytime soon.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            # of charts entries by year
            AIW is unstoppable.
            She's gonna have a new (high) entry every year (if BB doesn't change the rules of course).

yes, H100 only. Imagine... out of the past 32 charting years, Mariah achieved a H100 placement in 31 of them.
            I always remember that interview from debut when she said when wanted to achieve longevity <3

Comment

It is her 57th biggest streaming song. Together with the Crybaby (double a single) it is probably eligible for a Gold Cert in the USA. It has sold almost 350k physical singles... so 150k from digital sales and streaming?

anyway... a smash is a smash. It peaked at #28 on the H100 as a double a single with Crybaby.
              Crybaby could've been way bigger. The song sounds like a hit.
              But the promotion was quite limited and the problems with the label messed up the whole thing.

The video is gold tho, I love it.

Comment

Whatever she is working on right now... i know it will set my heart on fire. <3
                I think she felt inspired by her Late Night Mix in the process of the re-do, so I'm expecting songs in that vein.

Comment

• This only had 1 job to do
                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• This performance is quite underrated.
                    It's one of her best actually.
                    Forget the whistles - that were superb of course.
                    Her belting here is simply insane. She's constantly phrasing E5s and F5s and she makes it to look so easy.
                    I think whistles eclipsed how hard the rest of the vocals are on this track... the stamina, the control, the agility.
                    It's vocal suicide. But she nailed it and made it even more difficult than the studio version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                      This only had 1 job to do
                      Gawd, Mariah looked so damn hot in this vid.

She looked amazing in '07 (as good as '08 IMO).

P.S: love that track btw!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                        This only had 1 job to do
                        well, it kept her name in the game in 2007.

Hard to imagine that the years 2000-2004 are considered her downfall, when she got an original #2 peaking song in 2001 and an original #3 peaking song in 2003 --> which also happens to be one of the biggest songs of the year.

Her real "downfall" happened in 2010 when she started to massively decline in international sales. But even then she had somewhat of a tiny comeback in 2013.

Queen of coming back.
                        My Chart

Comment

• We should work on getting her current streak of 14 consecutive years growing. Beyoncé currently has 18 consecutive years with a H100 entry... and Mary J. Blige is standing at 19 years (her streak has ended tho).
                          My Chart

Comment

• Mariah's best friend, Mary J. Blige, is really underrated. she was a legendary hitmaking queen.

I love Mariah's appearance in the No More Drama video. Mary is such a class act. When Justin Timberlake said: "Eww... I don't want to be associated with that 90s fad!"

Mary said: "Mariah is my sister!".
                            My Chart

Comment

• I love JT.. but he did our girls: mainly Janet / Britney (and Mariah)... really dirrrrrty.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Wow, look at C(BPCH) at #9

Comment

She didn't need that feature to keep her name in the game in '07.
                                  She was coming from a high and about to start another one.
                                  Plus she did the PINKO collabo that year, attended lots of big events/parties/awards, launched her perfume "M" and promoted it a lot, performed at Disneyland Paris, did some TV appearances (Ellen, The View, Today Show, BET's 106 & Park). Oh, and she was also in the Jay-Z's Roc Boys MV.

We should work on getting her current streak of 14 consecutive years growing.
                                  AIW will do that.

Comment

• Shaka if you want to see daily spotify numbers, you can always go to her charts thread here at UKMIX. It's all there.
                                    My Chart

Comment

I love JT.. but he did our girls: mainly Janet / Britney (and Mariah)... really dirrrrrty.
                                      He's talented but he's a d!ck.

---

(RARE FULL HD PERFORMANCE) Mariah Carey - Make It Happen (Live at Singapore, Asia)(2010)

The way she continued like a pro!
                                      She falled like in a slow-mo #instincts

5:38 tho

Comment

• What do y'all think were Mariah’s most unique and creative songs of her career. Pick 5

I’ll have to say

1. Bliss (come on who else can sing an entire song in the whistle register)
                                        2. Vision Of Love (I’ve never heard another song similar to it. It has gospel, soul, r&b, and pop elements but just has something special that makes it it’s own)
                                        3. Prisoner ( she did a lot of of unique things on this song, first of all it’s one of her few rock inspired songs. It also has that 80’s signature sound. She had a sustained F#5, and she was rapping!)
                                        4. Giving Me Life (very experimental for Mariah. I like that she tried something new)
                                        5. GTFO (also very different for Mariah, isn’t her typical sound but she made it work and it still one of my favs from the album)

Comment

• Creatively, GML is #1. Nothing can touch it. It's atmospheric and so smooth and yet mega exciting. and the outro is literally life-giving.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• There's so many!
                                            But I think Bliss, GML & GTFO are great examples.

Btw, the sustained belt in Prisoner is F5, not F#5. And it's one the best F5 belts I've ever heard.

Comment

• Her remixes are super creative and have very interesting elements.

I have to think and explore more to come with a Top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                                There's so many!
                                                But I think Bliss, GML & GTFO are great examples.

Btw, the sustained belt in Prisoner is F5, not F#5. And it's one the best F5 belts I've ever heard.
                                                GTFO is boring af... and bliss is cute, but borderline stale.

Lyrically (and melodically)... Butterfly is a song which I think is highly creative and game changing... as it is a poem put into music. A true poem. That song is no joke. Nobody can actually sing it, including Mariah. It's head and toe above anything in music.
                                                My Chart

Comment

GTFO is boring af... and bliss is cute, but borderline stale.

Lyrically (and melodically)... Butterfly is a song which I think is highly creative and game changing... as it is a poem put into music. A true poem. That song is no joke. Nobody can actually sing it, including Mariah. It's head and toe above anything in music.
                                                  GTFO is amazing and very edgy and Bliss a masterclass on the use of the whistle register, plus sexy af.

And Mariah can't/couldn't sing Butterfly? Girl, please.

I love the vocal saves/note changes/new melodies. Flawlessly done.

I agree that Butterfly is a masterpiece and these two performances are some of her best lives EVER.

Comment

Hard to imagine that the years 2000-2004 are considered her downfall, when she got an original #2 peaking song in 2001 and an original #3 peaking song in 2003 --> which also happens to be one of the biggest songs of the year.

Her real "downfall" happened in 2010 when she started to massively decline in international sales. But even then she had somewhat of a tiny comeback in 2013.

Queen of coming back.
                                                    I think she only did it as a big thank you to Bone Thugs for contributing to the success of GOAT. Kween pretty much jacked their flow on some of the song.
                                                    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Working...
                                                    X