Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment


    • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
      Thank you. So she confirmed several times she's born in 1970.
      Yep, at least two times (that were posted here already).

      Comment


      • That MIH video really gave me a sense of what it would have been like to see a Mariah Carey concert in her prime. It didn’t disappoint.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

          Thank you. So she confirmed several times she's born in 1970.
          So who is the Mariah that was born to Mr and Mrs Alfred Carey on March 27 1969 according to her hometown paper?
          See: https://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lc...0/ed-1/seq-15/

          ps: there are other sources early in Mariah’s career that listed her birth date as 1969 as well.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

          Comment


          • Mariah should've re-recorded Oh Santa with BTS. It would've gone #1 easily.
            It's not too late. For this Christmas season, they should work together.
            BTS loves Mariah. Probably the easiest way to score 20th #1..
            Last edited by Anderson; Sat May 22, 2021, 07:10.

            Comment


            • Don’t really care about her birth date at this point

              If it’s 69, we love it and it explains the skinny Einstein look

              If it’s 70, that’s cool

              Comment


              • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                Don’t really care about her birth date at this point

                If it’s 69, we love it and it explains the skinny Einstein look

                If it’s 70, that’s cool
                Yeah its nbd to me either. But it’s just another great and fascinating mystery in her life and career.
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                Comment


                • I’m so hoping the Chick project comes out! I really think Malibu has classic vibes all over it, and she did a really good Cheap Trick cover with Surrender. Eel Tree would’ve been a hot name too. And we now know she’s D. Sue! Love it

                  I have a fantasy that Mariah will do a Janet collabo for the Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis project. Maybe we’ll know more news on the project on Sunday, since they’re performing at the Billboard Music Awards (and Mariah’s heavily featured in the promo).

                  I also fantasize about Mariah covering Thelma Houston’s You Used to Hold Me So Tight, because she really fangirled hard on that song in that iconic Craig Seymour interview from 1999, saying it was her favorite classic Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis production. Their album would be a great project to do that on.
                  Last edited by MsWeiss; Sat May 22, 2021, 08:13.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    Mariah should've re-recorded Oh Santa with BTS. It would've gone #1 easily.
                    It's not too late. For this Christmas season, they should work together.
                    BTS loves Mariah. Probably the easiest way to score 20th #1..
                    i hate BTS passionately.... but since collabos have become the (almost) only way for 99% of everyone to get to #1... i'd be here for it as well.
                    My Chart

                    Comment


                    • I love me some 80s JJ and TL but their work with MC never clicked with me

                      Maybe it’s because I love their uptempos

                      The last song I remember LOVING from them was Janet “Go Deep”
                      Last edited by allygdale; Sat May 22, 2021, 09:12.

                      Comment


                      • It's been one year since Glitter has been uploaded to streaming services.


                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                        Comment


                        • One year since Glitter has been released to streaming services. amazing.

                          My playcounts: May 22nd 2020 - May 22nd 2021

                          324 scrobbles:

                          49x - Loverboy Remix
                          38x - Lead The Way
                          30x - Didn't Mean to Turn You On
                          30x - If We
                          26x - Don't Stop
                          25x - All my Life
                          24x - Reflections
                          22x - Twister
                          21x - Last Night a DJ Saved My Life
                          21x - Never Too Far
                          20x - Want You
                          18x - Loverboy


                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            Another rarity from MB Tour:

                            [RARE] Mariah Carey - Make It Happen (Live 1993 @NYC,New Footage/Vocals)

                            OMG!!!!! Howwww is this just coming to light now?! Absolutely fascinating to see!!!! Serving 100% cuteness!!!! What a find ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Chris87 View Post

                              OMG!!!!! Howwww is this just coming to light now?! Absolutely fascinating to see!!!! Serving 100% cuteness!!!! What a find ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
                              can anyone understand why concert critics called her 1993 Music Box Tour the worst tour by anyone ever? It got like 2/10 stars in most major publications. They were shredding her as a live act. Seeing this footage ... and how engaged she is... how full of fire and how committed... how vocally outstanding... how musically innovative and how overally amazing... with every head in the audience banging and every butt dancing in pure glee... then I wonder... why oh why the music industry from 1993-1995 absolutely despised her. ?
                              My Chart

                              Comment


                              • That SUD album should receive some form of good promo if it's gonna be released someday.

                                I really hope to see it do better than the Rarities.

                                Maybe she could have some new collabos on a few of the tracks to catch people's attention.
                                She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                  i hate BTS passionately.... but since collabos have become the (almost) only way for 99% of everyone to get to #1... i'd be here for it as well.
                                  99% of Korean men hate BTS lol probably because of their feminine looks..
                                  I don't get why they are so popular.. their music sucks too

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    It's been one year since Glitter has been uploaded to streaming services.


                                    Fans should stream this and MIAM together this weekend. Excited to see the bump in streams.
                                    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

                                    Comment


                                    • I just hope we get something soon - whether a it’s the Jimmy/Terry track or something else. Really itching for new MC.

                                      Unfortunately I don’t think we’ll get MC16 anytime soon, but we’ll see what happens.

                                      Comment


                                      • Jimmy Jam and Terry are performing tomorrow at billboard awards with Sounds of Blackness and Ann Lesby

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                          So who is the Mariah that was born to Mr and Mrs Alfred Carey on March 27 1969 according to her hometown paper?
                                          See: https://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lc...0/ed-1/seq-15/

                                          ps: there are other sources early in Mariah’s career that listed her birth date as 1969 as well.
                                          So do you think she's lying in all these interviews?

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                            I love me some 80s JJ and TL but their work with MC never clicked with me
                                            Really?

                                            From their work together, I consider Petals, Bliss, Rainbow Interlude and Never Too Far masterpieces.
                                            I also love Twister and Yours.

                                            Judging by their previous collabos, I'm expecting a mid-tempo ballad-esque.
                                            If we're having anything close to NTF, I'd be more than happy.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                              So do you think she's lying in all these interviews?
                                              yeah

                                              I don’t think it was her idea to lie about her age. I think it was Tommy/Sony who thought it would be better for publicity if she was born in the 70s rather than the 60s, but she just kept up with it. Too much evidence to support it - her HS graduation in 1987, the newspaper birth announcement that was unearthed recently, and I know years ago People Mag said they confirmed her DOB with the DMV and her HS.

                                              Even in the memoirs, in the beginning it lists Michaela’s DOB as far as the library of Congress publication and not Mariahs

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                                That MIH video really gave me a sense of what it would have been like to see a Mariah Carey concert in her prime. It didn’t disappoint.
                                                Not only those superb vocals, but her energy, I love it, you can feel it through the screen.

                                                Originally posted by Chris87 View Post
                                                OMG!!!!! Howwww is this just coming to light now?! Absolutely fascinating to see!!!! Serving 100% cuteness!!!! What a find ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
                                                Can't believe a lamb had this footage for so long without posting it LOL.
                                                Glad he shared it with us now <3

                                                Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                can anyone understand why concert critics called her 1993 Music Box Tour the worst tour by anyone ever? It got like 2/10 stars in most major publications. They were shredding her as a live act. Seeing this footage ... and how engaged she is... how full of fire and how committed... how vocally outstanding... how musically innovative and how overally amazing... with every head in the audience banging and every butt dancing in pure glee... then I wonder... why oh why the music industry from 1993-1995 absolutely despised her. ?
                                                Tbh they always have been very hard on her since her debut, she had to do the Unplugged to prove the critics that her voice was "real" AKA that good.

                                                MB Tour was not her best (the first dates) 'cause she was sick and nerves made things worse, she dodges lots of high belts, so probably they maliciously took advantage from that, hence those bad reviews.
                                                But she totally redeemed herself in Ney York (the last date), that was BY FAR her best show, almost on par with MSG undubbed.
                                                I hope more performances are coming from that concert!

                                                What I don't understand is why they thought she couldn't replicate the studio vocals when she was exceeding them on her live TV performances.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by MrDash View Post
                                                  That SUD album should receive some form of good promo if it's gonna be released someday.

                                                  I really hope to see it do better than the Rarities.

                                                  Maybe she could have some new collabos on a few of the tracks to catch people's attention.
                                                  Honestly, if she's releasing it, I want the original version with her vocals. I hope she doesn't touch it and leave it as it was done. That's the interesting part of the project for me.

                                                  Then if she wants to re-release the album with features, nice.

                                                  But I want the OG. I don't care for the success or people's attention at this point (with that particular project I mean).

                                                  Originally posted by MrDash View Post
                                                  Fans should stream this and MIAM together this weekend. Excited to see the bump in streams.
                                                  Yeah, you better stream bishes! It's weekend, c'mon!

                                                  ---

                                                  How gorgeous is Reflections tho?



                                                  Her voice was ON POINT that day, gawd.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X