Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Yes, in the extended version? I live for that belting, I only wish it had hall reverbs so it would sound more “live” and “big,” I love dem long echo tails in her studio mixes and on Daydream Tokyo/Rarities

”Out Here On My Own” had a GORGEOUS reverb too, sounds like a plate reverb on the verses and a hall on the belted notes
    Yes, the extended version, the bit right before the scatting, where she sings “I know we do” to the melody of the electric guitar. It’s so good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      A Xmas song did that

Wow. An improvement to 2020 placement.
      A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
        Her tweeting she's listening to Space Oddity seems like a hint or clue of her starting the rock phase. Hopefully this is Chick connected. I remember on her book she said she "created an alter-ego artist and her Ziggy Stardust-like spoof band" -- Ziggy Stardust is David Bowie right? So I am thinking this is a hint.

Also researching further about the The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars album it was released June 16, 1972... So do we have a thing coming for June 16? These are all prolly a reach hahahahahaha!!!
        That's what thought too and I am excited. I have been blasting SUD for 2 weeks now. The more I listen to it, the more I hear her. I just love this project.
        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• 6:27-6:31 in the extended - this part.

the best four seconds in the whole song!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
            Yes, in the extended version? I live for that belting, I only wish it had hall reverbs so it would sound more “live” and “big,” I love dem long echo tails in her studio mixes and on Daydream Tokyo/Rarities

”Out Here On My Own” had a GORGEOUS reverb too, sounds like a plate reverb on the verses and a hall on the belted notes
            At this point the lack of reverb/echo (or the minimum use of it) in her last (home/studio) performances is a personal stylistic choice. Don't know why tbh, 'cause it would make her vocals soar through the instruments, would make her voice richer and the overall sound more "grand" and rounded. Tone would come thru!

OHOMH has a nice amount of reverb and see how her tone just shines and her voice explodes and it's front & center.

I hope she uses more for her next project.
            Caution sounds very balanced in that regard. Not too much, just the right amount.
            I don't want a Bey moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
              Wow. An improvement to 2020 placement.
              She pulled crazy numbers on the 24th & the 25th last year. Like INSANE.
              I wonder how far can she go this year!

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
              6:27-6:31 in the extended - this part.

the best four seconds in the whole song!
              Love that part as well, it's very subtle but so pretty, the melody is gorgeous.
              My fave part is the scatting (in chest & whistle) and also the arpegio whistles.
              I just love the raspy quality of some of her whistles in the extended version, they sound kinda polyphonic at times, ugh, eargasm.

Comment

• I believe people will be more festive this year after most of the people will be vaccinated. Can’t wait to see people blasting to AIWFCIY.

and I really hope her next project released is SUD

Comment

She pulled crazy numbers on the 24th & the 25th last year. Like INSANE.
                  I wonder how far can she go this year!

Love that part as well, it's very subtle but so pretty, the melody is gorgeous.
                  My fave part is the scatting (in chest & whistle) and also the arpegio whistles.
                  I just love the raspy quality of some of her whistles in the extended version, they sound kinda polyphonic at times, ugh, eargasm.
                  So does this year look better for her? I think she's getting an extra day of streaming compared to last year or am I wrong?

Comment

I Only Wanted is her best ballad btw.
                    Fight me.
                    I’m snatching your wig off right now. How DARE you.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

That's what thought too and I am excited. I have been blasting SUD for 2 weeks now. The more I listen to it, the more I hear her. I just love this project.
                      Rock is not where I expected her to go. Jazz or gospel would have been at the top of the list for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                        Rock is not where I expected her to go. Jazz or gospel would have been at the top of the list for me.
                        Yep.
                        100% agreed.
                        Not here for RockRiah.
                        JazzRiah, on the other hand, so ready for her.
                        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• I think it’s fantastic that she has surprised us and revealed a alternative rock album... just when I thought everything was getting predictable
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Here for RockRiah AND JazzRiah. Always want BalladRiah & ThugPrincessRiah & a ltitle sprinkle of DiscoRiah, and you’ve got all the ingredients for a perfect album.

Comment

• while her pop, R&B, Urban, Soul, EDM, House and Gospel music was denied any validation by the music industry... Maybe her giving us the middle finger... with dark eye-make-up and leather jeans with denim top and starting her rock / alt era can get her some points with music critics...

Since rock / alt music is my favourite music genre.. I am totally here for it.
                              My Chart

Comment

• I'm all for RockRiah too. Can't wait for SUD. Come on Mariah, release it already. GP will love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
                                  I'm all for RockRiah too. Can't wait for SUD. Come on Mariah, release it already. GP will love it.
                                  I think SUD can go viral globally... if she plays her cards right.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                                    So does this year look better for her? I think she's getting an extra day of streaming compared to last year or am I wrong?
                                    It's gonna be split this way:
                                    Dec 17th - Dec 23rd
                                    Dec 24th - Dec 30th

The good thing is that we're going to have 24th & 25th on the same week (the biggest days for streams), I think that will be enough to be #1 again ('cause then it keeps doing well for a few more days, both in streaming & sales, and the rest of the non-xmas songs are kinda dead, following the logic from last year).

Can we expect 2/3 weeks at #1 again this year?

Those two weeks look promising to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      I believe people will be more festive this year after most of the people will be vaccinated. Can’t wait to see people blasting to AIWFCIY.

and I really hope her next project released is SUD
                                      Yaaay to both things!

Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                      I’m snatching your wig off right now. How DARE you.
                                      I only stated a fact

Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                      I would love to have this project on streaming, with a cute release.
                                      I love JazzRiah, GoseplRiah, PopRiah, R&B/SoulRiah, DiscoRiah, HoodRiah, BalladRiah, RemixRiah, CountryRiah, etc... but RockRiah is lacking.
                                      And it's not like she's turning into a rock-star, LOL, it's just an old project that shows another facet of her and I'm totally here for that.

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                      I think it’s fantastic that she has surprised us and revealed a alternative rock album... just when I thought everything was getting predictable
                                      I know.
                                      The fact that she did an alt/rock dark-ish album at the same time as she was doing the lovely Daydream is already iconic. Who else?!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        I think SUD can go viral globally... if she plays her cards right.
                                        She should have had the album ready to be released (with her vocals) at the same time she released her memoirs.
                                        That could've been a moment in her career IMO. And I'm not referring to chart success, but more like a new respect from music critics and the GP.
                                        I think it's late now for that, but I still want it, as a gift for the lambs.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Since rock / alt music is my favourite music genre.. I am totally here for it.
                                          stevyy I'm so confused!

I thought you were AC/ballad all the way lol.
                                          If you like rock I'm confused by your Eurovision faves which didn't feature any rock songs

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

stevyy I'm so confused!

I thought you were AC/ballad all the way lol.
                                            If you like rock I'm confused by your Eurovision faves which didn't feature any rock songs
                                            well, I should specify... good rock music.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• I love dem all, but it's Honey for me.

Comment

• ^ Fantasy!

But... Dreamlover is a treasure.

But... the club remixes of Honey and Heartbreaker are greater than most other songs in history.

The mixes of Dreamlover are so interesting too.

I'd say the urban remix of Heartbreaker is probably more interesting than the original, even though the original is a good song.
                                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

I love dem all, but it's Honey for me.

Can I be difficult and go Loverboy?

Comment

• AIW is already pulling almost 50K daily on Spotify.

Her Monthly Listeners are also increasing.

---

FUN FACT:
                                                    "With You" MV was filmed in the same mansion as Beyoncé's "Haunted", Lady Gaga’s "Paparazzi" & "Don't Call Me Angel" by Ari & Lana.

Didn't know that!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X