No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 27th Anniversary to one of her greatest songs (remixes included!)

Comment

• Happy Anniversary to one of her best dance mix and remix video... I remember I used to always wait for it on Channel V!!!

Comment

• LOL, this is going viral

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            Happy 27th Anniversary to one of her greatest songs (remixes included!)

Yes. Just yes.
            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Unpopular opinion:

"Ribbon" is a super underrated jam.
              Ribbon is great. One of my faves from that album. It has some nice vocal moments.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Awww, Ribbon gettin' some (well deserved) love <3

I think it has really interesting elements and I love her voice on the track, the beautiful melody #earworm

The last belted "I got your lovin' on my mind" sounds amazing and her use of her whistle register in this song is just >

Comment

• Can't wait for the next Lambily Lounge with Mimi!

Speaking into existence

Comment

Unpopular opinion:

"Ribbon" is a super underrated jam.

100% agree

Comment

• Ribbon is literally just there... I don’t use it.

Now Inseparable and it’s lyrics >> and that whistle in the 2nd verse >>

AYNAF + the remixes is iconic and some of her career best

Comment

• For me, Ribbon could have been great but it has some really annoying repetitive elements to the production. that make me not enjoy it as much as I could... specifically the mans voice in the background

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                          For me, Ribbon could have been great but it has some really annoying repetitive elements to the production. that make me not enjoy it as much as I could... specifically the mans voice in the background
                          Exactly this. There’s nothing sonically pleasing about that constant voice in the background. I’d even say its discordant. I don’t mind Mariahs verses and vocals, they’re kinda cute, if not my fav. But all together, imo, it sounds a mess/too much. I’d listen to it a lot more than I do (never) without him.

Comment

• 'Ribbon' is OK, it depends on my mood, but in general I find it one of the more decent songs on that mess of an album. lol

Comment

Merry Xmas being streamed more than Caution & MIAM in May XmasRiah ended them

MIAM had a serious streaming increase throughout May!

Week 1: 259.074
                              Week 2: 267.051
                              Week 3: 275.477
                              Week 4: 305.171

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

Perhaps its anniversary helped!
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I wish there was a audio for the video version of #B with Mariah’s giggling. I love it

Comment

• Ribbon is such a standout in MOAIA! It's such a sexy song, love her vocals. It should have been the third single instead of HATEU.

Inseparable on the other hand is a snoozefest and the lyrics are tragic. Like Katy Perry level.
                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Candy Bling, Inseparable, and Ribbon are my favorites from Mimosa

I love Ribbon for the Fleetwood Mac bridge

Comment

Happy 27th Anniversary to one of her greatest songs (remixes included!)

A masterpiece, furious it wasn’t the third single!

Comment

• Never been a fan of Ribbon and never gotten its appeal.
                                          One of the meh tracks off Memoirs for me.
                                          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Oh man, I adore Ribbon. It has a beautiful melody, and you can tell she means every lyric. She sounds really inspired on that track, and I really don’t think it sounds like anything in her discography.

That Ludacris remix tho? Hate it, which bums me out, because I really love Luda, but it just felt like they tacked him on. I would’ve preferred a complete redo of the production, like Candy Bling with T-Pain (I LOVE that production).

Comment

I cannot believe she left this remix I think he vault (or only on the CD single) for years. The Soul Convention Remix is EASILY one of the best things she has ever done. The changes in the melody the backing vocals and her lead vocal are SICK AS ****. I now listen to it at least once a week and always replay it. ‘No no no no no no, you’re not alone, I’m by your side I’m by your side it’s al aw aw aw alll alrightttttttttttt’ perfection in confection

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

Not surprised. There was a mini campaign among some lambs to stream the album for its anniversary. I ve been playing MIAM (+ Glitter) too these past weeks. Eventhough just a small increase, im still quite pleased.

Comment

• Mariah responded to Morgan’s lawsuit.

With family like that…whew, chile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Probably the best uptempo song in her career
                                                    That honor goes to Shake It Off.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X