Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    The cover art is consistent with what they did for the Babyface and Ann Nesby songs so its not a matter of budget but consistency.
    Consistent or not, it's awful

    Originally posted by sYair View Post
    You didn't know? 20th #1 incoming
    Shut up!

    Comment


    • Anyone remember this song?
      I don't like the way she sounded on it.
      Weird 'cause her voice was in tip-top shape between 2010-2012.

      Tony Bennett & Mariah Carey - When Do The Bells Ring For Me



      I mean, I don't hate it, but I was expecting way more than this from Mimi, especially for a jazzy number.

      Comment


      • LOL, this is so random.
        It's on Mariah's Channel.

        Touch My Body

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shaka View Post


          Is this real?
          I don't like it. AT ALL.

          Oh? Ok. Haha! I mean that's their album but they could have used the Vutterfly pic instead.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

            Rainbow was super rushed, yet the production on Bliss & Petals/Rainbow Interlude is amazing IMO.



            IKR?!
            Imagine living in a World without "Outside", it just doesn't work
            Also imagine discovering the song for the first time, I'd love to feel that again <3
            I remember discovering "Outside" for the first time. The moment is vividly emblazoned in my mind.

            I knew something monumental had just happened to me. Still get those chills every time.
            You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

            Comment


            • So the Babyface Jam and Lewis song got a house remix (By the legendary DJ Marley Marl) I wonder if we can expect any Mariah remixes?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                So the Babyface Jam and Lewis song got a house remix (By the legendary DJ Marley Marl) I wonder if we can expect any Mariah remixes?
                That’s why I wondered if the 9 minute thing is a dance remix

                They even promoted the Babyface dance remix

                Comment


                • Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                  I remember discovering "Outside" for the first time. The moment is vividly emblazoned in my mind.

                  I knew something monumental had just happened to me. Still get those chills every time.
                  I literally cried the first time I listened to it.

                  Such a powerful song.


                  Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                  Oh? Ok. Haha! I mean that's their album but they could have used the Butterfly pic instead.
                  LOL, exactly

                  Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                  So the Babyface Jam and Lewis song got a house remix (By the legendary DJ Marley Marl) I wonder if we can expect any Mariah remixes?
                  Oh, that's interesting.

                  Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                  That’s why I wondered if the 9 minute thing is a dance remix

                  They even promoted the Babyface dance remix
                  Ok, it makes sense now!

                  We love dance-mix-riah and I miss her dance remixes with new vocals.
                  I would die if she did a house-ish remix.

                  Also the fact that she's "obsessed" with it (the 9 minutes thing) makes me more excited.

                  If they're using SW as a single, the video she allegedly filmed in Mexico and the 9' mix well could be for this track

                  Comment


                  • These tweets are going viral-ish and I love the comment section.

                    Mariah is sooo smart. And Ellen... well, a toxic person.



                    Comment


                    • Mariah X BTS is coming,,,

                      #Christmas
                      #20th #1

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Mariah X BTS is coming,,,

                        #Christmas
                        #20th #1
                        How do you know?
                        Israeli Lamb here.
                        I love Mariah, but I also love the charts.

                        Comment


                        • Mariah doesnt seem very excited about somewhat loved lol i wonder if it is because she has her mind on something else

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                            Mariah doesnt seem very excited about somewhat loved lol i wonder if it is because she has her mind on something else
                            What makes you think she's not very excited about it?
                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                              What makes you think she's not very excited about it?
                              Well, she just retweeted the post and she didnt wrote anything, like I cant wait for you to hear it, it is a special song blabla. I know it is 7 days early, but still... i think this project started 2 years ago and now she has smth better in mind that she is more happy than somewhat loved. I might be wrong tho lol

                              Comment


                              • I agree. These are the two guys she hinted at 2 years ago when she said shes working with two great artists. By now she must have her mind in something new/inspired. It is like that Busta song, by the time it came out she was over it.

                                Comment


                                • It think there is a big difference between when something is her song and when she’s a featured artist.

                                  However, she spoke about the song during her Twitter Live, retweeted/reposted the song and gave a press comment where she called it an “honor” to be part of it.

                                  That being said, fans take their cues from her. So if it appears as though she doesnt care about the song then neither will they.
                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by tee View Post
                                    I agree. These are the two guys she hinted at 2 years ago when she said shes working with two great artists. By now she must have her mind in something new/inspired. It is like that Busta song, by the time it came out she was over it.
                                    I don’t think so.. if I’m remembering correctly she said 2 guys people would be surprised by and that you hear them on the radio. That being said.. she didn’t say on the radio currently lol.
                                    funny how one can learn
                                    to grow numb to the madness
                                    and block it away

                                    Comment


                                    • So glad The Ellen show only has one more season.... she got cancelled. And she deserved it. Mariah was always nothing but nice to her and she turned from being a ‘friend’ to Mariah to a shady bitch. Your time has home.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        It think there is a big difference between when something is her song and when she’s a featured artist.

                                        However, she spoke about the song during her Twitter Live, retweeted/reposted the song and gave a press comment.

                                        That being said, fans take their cues from her. So if it appears as though she doesnt care about the song then neither will they.
                                        I agree. But in a way all these one off songs could hurt her brand and future releases so maybe it is better that the whole world is not too invested in a track that Mariah wont help lift off the ground. Again, the best case scenario would be opening doors at radio stations.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by LambChild View Post

                                          I don’t think so.. if I’m remembering correctly she said 2 guys people would be surprised by and that you hear them on the radio. That being said.. she didn’t say on the radio currently lol.
                                          JJ&TL started this project around the time Mariah made the comment in the interview, and quite frankly while my mind went everywhere from drake to maxwell, I am quite surprised it is Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis so the prophecy has been fulfilled lol

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by tee View Post
                                            I agree. These are the two guys she hinted at 2 years ago when she said shes working with two great artists. By now she must have her mind in something new/inspired. It is like that Busta song, by the time it came out she was over it.
                                            And here I was expecting Drake and The Weeknd

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by tee View Post

                                              I agree. But in a way all these one off songs could hurt her brand and future releases so maybe it is better that the whole world is not too invested in a track that Mariah wont help lift off the ground. Again, the best case scenario would be opening doors at radio stations.
                                              The main demographic checking for Mariah nowadays are her diehard fans. Without adequate promotion, label, radio, streaming support, Mariah’s projects only get a limited amount of attention so it’s pretty irrelevant how many tracks or projects she’s involved in with other people. All those things are only gaining limited attention as well. So she’s harming nothing by being involved in these side projects. If anything something like the J&L collabo could help her get some airplay on Urban A\C.

                                              It’s hard to adjust but Mariah is never going to promote a project to the same extent as TEOM again and especially when it’s something not related to her own solo projects. A few tweets here and there will be as much as this song gets. Maybe she filmed a video. Who knows.

                                              Comment


                                              • TBQH I think the project Mariah was referring to in late 2019 with to male artists was likely scrapped. I do not think it had to do with Jam and Lewis. Unless it was for someone’s upcoming album which was postponed due to the pandemic and still hasn’t seen the light of day, we probably will never know what she was talking about. My hopes were Drake & Nineteen85/40/another producer or maybe Silk Sonic.
                                                funny how one can learn
                                                to grow numb to the madness
                                                and block it away

                                                Comment


                                                • Mariah will never have one of them (Drake/Weeknd) on a song, and especially not both on one song lol. She does not even have a label to support it or even a high profile management company anymore. At least with roc nation I had hope for some big profile collaborations. I dont think Bruno was ever in the cards as she recently tweeted asking to work with him.

                                                  I liked what melissa did with caution but how much of it was her or the two jays and roc nation? I guess we will see on the next project. But I do remember before Mariah, Melissa was fired from managing that pussy cat doll.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Eamon View Post

                                                    The main demographic checking for Mariah nowadays are her diehard fans. Without adequate promotion, label, radio, streaming support, Mariah’s projects only get a limited amount of attention so it’s pretty irrelevant how many tracks or projects she’s involved in with other people. All those things are only gaining limited attention as well. So she’s harming nothing by being involved in these side projects. If anything something like the J&L collabo could help her get some airplay on Urban A\C.

                                                    It’s hard to adjust but Mariah is never going to promote a project to the same extent as TEOM again and especially when it’s something not related to her own solo projects. A few tweets here and there will be as much as this song gets. Maybe she filmed a video. Who knows.
                                                    I guess there were two different routes Mariah could have taken after TEOM... The First is kinda what she did which was keep pumping out albums as long as she can and releasing side projects but basically keeping content flowing.

                                                    The Second route would be the Sade model where she could have made people want it more and basically give a new album with everything focused on it every ten years. So it would have been something like this:

                                                    2005: TEOM
                                                    2015: follow up
                                                    2025: follow up

                                                    maybe this route would have been the way to go after the monster that was TEOM. (Still could have fit in MCIIY in 2010 & Rarities in 2020)

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X