No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really dont think she was referring to JJ&TL in 2019 tbh, especially as Somewhat Loved was written before that.

I did LOL going back to the interview when she said things could change overnight - considering how many artists have come out as nonbinary or other genders since that time.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• It was written before that yes, but she was in talks to feature it on the JJ&TL album around the time of the interview. The facts are that she said two artists and now we have this, unless there comes another song with two artists on one track with her then all of that is speculation that she was referring to another two. Right now we have JJ&TL. Unless of course she was already planning the JHud & Ari Christmas song...

Comment

• We dont really know when she started talks to be on the Jam and Lewis album though. Their album was speculated about since early 2019, with their song with Ann Nesby coming out early 2019.

We will never really know for sure anyways. Just like how she spoke about an artist wanting to do something with Goin Up Yonder and that has yet to materialise, the collaboration could have also been scrapped, could be Somewhat Loved, or could still be coming.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I hear ya. But sometimes the lambs take info and let their imaginations run wild. All we had in that interview is her saying she is working with two males on a track. It was roughly in the time line of Somewhat Loved. Now we have a song where she is on a track with two males. Anything else can just be credited to our vivid imagination.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

I guess there were two different routes Mariah could have taken after TEOM... The First is kinda what she did which was keep pumping out albums as long as she can and releasing side projects but basically keeping content flowing.

The Second route would be the Sade model where she could have made people want it more and basically give a new album with everything focused on it every ten years. So it would have been something like this:

2005: TEOM
            2015: follow up
            2025: follow up

maybe this route would have been the way to go after the monster that was TEOM. (Still could have fit in MCIIY in 2010 & Rarities in 2020)
            Or it could go on the same shania twain route. It took so long to be back with a new album that no one cared anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              Anyone remember this song?
              I don't like the way she sounded on it.
              Weird 'cause her voice was in tip-top shape between 2010-2012.

Tony Bennett & Mariah Carey - When Do The Bells Ring For Me

I mean, I don't hate it, but I was expecting way more than this from Mimi, especially for a jazzy number.
              I listen to it here and there, but I agree, she didn’t bring her A-game for this one. The editing on her vocals was really needless and sloppy. Tony sounds great, though.

Comment

• I am so excited for “Somewhat Loved”

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

I listen to it here and there, but I agree, she didn’t bring her A-game for this one. The editing on her vocals was really needless and sloppy. Tony sounds great, though.
                  Thank God, I thought I am the only one who doesn't like her vocals here.

Comment

• The fact that she had “Somewhat Love” and “Skydiving” written for Memoirs or MIAMTEC, just sitting there, it makes me wonder how great a lot of the other songs she never finished recording are

I loved the demo for “They Don’t Know Me” with The-Dream, they were a good team

“Cool On You” was great as well, even some of dem ringtones

Maybe she wrote just as many songs in the 00s as the 90s

Selfishly I do hope she’s putting some of this new inspiration into new songs, she is such a good songwriter
                    Last edited by allygdale; Thu June 3, 2021, 16:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      Mariah X BTS is coming,,,

#Christmas
                      #20th #1

Their fans hate on Mariah 'cause they couldn't break her Spotify record

Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                      Well, she just retweeted the post and she didnt wrote anything, like I cant wait for you to hear it, it is a special song blabla. I know it is 7 days early, but still... i think this project started 2 years ago and now she has smth better in mind that she is more happy than somewhat loved. I might be wrong tho lol
                      Who knows!
                      7 days is like an eternity for today's World LOL, there's so much going on all the time, that it's more effective if the promo is released at once at last minute.
                      A tweet today won't change anything and I think the best we can get/expect from this is a nice run on radio like With You.

She talked to Billboard about SL and said: "Working with Jimmy & Terry through the years has been one of the greatest creative journeys I've ever taken. It's a great honor for me to participate in this once-in-a-lifetime album!"

Maybe her song being a single wasn't on her plans, we don't know!
                      Time will tell

But yeah, she's working on another things rn so that could change her focus.

Comment

• I really don't have much hopes for SL, the snippet was nice but it doesn't leave you wanting more. That being said, new Mariah music is always welcome and exciting and I can't wait to know what else she has coming.
                        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                          I really don't have much hopes for SL, the snippet was nice but it doesn't leave you wanting more. That being said, new Mariah music is always welcome and exciting and I can't wait to know what else she has coming.
                          Snippets can be misleading though, maybe we haven’t heard the “mixed” version and we haven’t heard the climax

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                            The main demographic checking for Mariah nowadays are her diehard fans. Without adequate promotion, label, radio, streaming support, Mariah’s projects only get a limited amount of attention so it’s pretty irrelevant how many tracks or projects she’s involved in with other people. All those things are only gaining limited attention as well. So she’s harming nothing by being involved in these side projects. If anything something like the J&L collabo could help her get some airplay on Urban A\C.
                            THIS.

Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                            TBQH I think the project Mariah was referring to in late 2019 with to male artists was likely scrapped. I do not think it had to do with Jam and Lewis. Unless it was for someone’s upcoming album which was postponed due to the pandemic and still hasn’t seen the light of day, we probably will never know what she was talking about. My hopes were Drake & Nineteen85/40/another producer or maybe Silk Sonic.
                            I agree, I don't think she was talking about this song and J&L in that interview.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                            I really dont think she was referring to JJ&TL in 2019 tbh, especially as Somewhat Loved was written before that.
                            Exactly.

I did LOL going back to the interview when she said things could change overnight - considering how many artists have come out as nonbinary or other genders since that time.
                            Haha, true. A seer.

We dont really know when she started talks to be on the Jam and Lewis album though. Their album was speculated about since early 2019, with their song with Ann Nesby coming out early 2019.

We will never really know for sure anyways. Just like how she spoke about an artist wanting to do something with Goin Up Yonder and that has yet to materialise, the collaboration could have also been scrapped, could be Somewhat Loved, or could still be coming.
                            I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                              Yeah, her whisper or falsetto doesn't sound pleasant here. Her tone lacks depth and they edited her vocals in a bad way.
                              I know she was pregnant when she recorded this, but she sounded miles better on the Washington concert and even on the ABC Xmas Special (Undubbed).
                              Don't know what happened here, but what could've been an epic duet (her voice shines on jazzy tracks) it ended up on a mediocre collabo IMO.
                              Tony sounded amazing, yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                The fact that she had “Somewhat Love” and “Skydiving” written for Memoirs or MIAMTEC, just sitting there, it makes me wonder how great a lot of the other songs she never finished recording are

I loved the demo for “They Don’t Know Me” with The-Dream, they were a good team

“Cool On You” was great as well, even some of dem ringtones
                                I also love the "They Don't Know Me" demo, I'd love to have it with MC's voice.

Some of dem ringtones sound like hits.

Imagine a full version of "Time Of Your Life" in the Ultra Platinum Edition.
                                That ringtone screams HIT. Like c'mon, BOPPPPPP!!!

Comment

• Wasn’t she like SUPER pregnant though when she recorded the Tony Bennet duet? I’m sure I remember her talking about how difficult it was somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                    Snippets can be misleading though, maybe we haven’t heard the “mixed” version and we haven’t heard the climax
                                    I've learned to not judge a song by a LQ snippet

Can't wait to hear the full thing mixed and the climax (I wonder what she did there!).
                                    Also I hope the bridge is "cleaner" in the final version 'cause I really liked the melody but vocals, ad-libs and BGs were messy af

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                      Wasn’t she like SUPER pregnant though when she recorded the Tony Bennet duet? I’m sure I remember her talking about how difficult it was somewhere
                                      Yeah, she said it was difficult.
                                      Can't find the interview but I remember that.

And yeah, she was super pregnant LOL.

She was glowing tho, look at her face! Flawless!

Apart of her not so pleasant tone, vocals were quite restrained and uninspired I feel.

Comment

• She looked so healthy. Her hair was so thick and full when she was preggers

Comment

• One of my fave dates from Charmie Tour.

(RARE UNSEEN VIDEO) Hero - Mariah Carey (live at Paris)

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                            She looked so healthy. Her hair was so thick and full when she was preggers
                                            I know!

Her post-pregnancy voice and body were on fire btw.

Comment

These tweets are going viral-ish and I love the comment section.

Mariah is sooo smart. And Ellen... well, a toxic person.

Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Enya Karen Power is real.
                                                    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X