• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    11th Greatest Song of All Time?
    Deserves Top 5.
    I mean, it's the GOAT, right?

Unofficially, I think it is the 17th GOAT Hot 100 song now. An impressive feat still though.
    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Guys, @MariahAccess is doing a campaign on Twitter for "Somewhat Loved".

I will link the tweets, so we can help!

Someone said the MV is coming next Friday but I don't believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

Unofficially, I think it is the 17th GOAT Hot 100 song now. An impressive feat still though.
        it is determined by the success on the chart, so if WBT is out of top 10, we can put our hopes on AIW.

Comment

• Comment

• She really should've added another chapter or a few extra anecdotes.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
              it is determined by the success on the chart, so if WBT is out of top 10, we can put our hopes on AIW.
              In a few years, it will end up as the most successful song (by chart performance, accumulated points, etc) - IF Billboard doesn't change the rules of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                https://twitter.com/mariahcarey/status/1400831242669592581?s=21
                I want it! Now!
                OMG I love the lil Mariah cover <3
                Also happy that she's still promoting the book!

Comment

• I think they are releasing on a Thursday because they want to be able to say #1 song on iTunes World just like with GTFO. It created a little buzz with the headlines. They know these types of songs can’t compete with the regular hot new Friday releases. IMO it’s a good strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                    I think they are releasing on a Thursday because they want to be able to say #1 song on iTunes World just like with GTFO. It created a little buzz with the headlines. They know these types of songs can’t compete with the regular hot new Friday releases. IMO it’s a good strategy.
                    iTunes is a dead format anyway.
                    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

In a few years, it will end up as the most successful song (by chart performance, accumulated points, etc) - IF Billboard doesn't change the rules of course.

Few years means more than a decade, right? I read somewhere that a song needs to be at no. 1 for 30+ weeks to take over The Twist. I think this one applies to AIW considering that it only charts in Nov-Dec. Unofficially, Blinding Lights dethroned The Twist due to its record breaking longest stay in top 10, top 5 and I guess top 3. AIW is currently on top 600 so journey to top 10 might take a while.
                      A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

iTunes is a dead format anyway.
                        It is, but it still creates buzz like this, which just helps get the word out.

Comment

• A lot is incorrect in this story, but interesting this is coming out now...hmm...

THE SUN: Mariah Carey sensationally quits Jay-Z’s management company after huge fight between stars
                          https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...-z-roc-nation/

THE new Mariah Carey album is on the way but there is one man who certainly won’t be on it – Jay-Z.

I can reveal she has sensationally quit the rapper’s management company Roc Nation after a blazing row between the two music superstars.

The pair erupted in a meeting about the future of Mariah’s career that sparked her decision to walk.

It comes three and a half years after she signed a deal to have her career managed by the firm that Jay-Z owns and runs.

A source close to the situation said: “Mariah and Jay had an explosive meeting which did not go well at all. She has made it clear she wants nothing more to do with him and has called it quits with Roc Nation.

“She will formally depart in the next few weeks.

“It is a shame because they had done some great work in the last few years. But this meeting couldn’t have gone much worse.

“Mariah has been talking to other managers and thinks she has found someone who she feels has full belief in her as she takes her next steps.

“There is a heavily R&B- influenced album being finalised at the moment and she is planning a world tour for next year, so she isn’t letting this stand in her way.”

On the website, the singer has already been removed from the list of acts that are represented by the company. Mariah first signed with Roc Nation in November 2017 and since then has released her 30th anniversary album The Rarities as well as her New York Times bestselling memoir The Meaning of Mariah Carey.

She also secured a deal with Apple TV for a festive special and finally got to No1 in the UK with All I Want For Christmas, 26 years after it was released.

Next Friday she will feature on a new song called Somewhat Loved by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

Roc Nation has helped Jay-Z become a billionaire in recent years, with other high-profile clients including Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Megan Thee Stallion and Kelly Rowland. Here’s hoping they get on better with him than Mariah did.

Comment

• Hmm, I guess she wanted more support/budget but maybe jay z heard the new material and didn't feel it will succeed since obviously r&b isn't popular anymore...
                            Mariah can be stubborn as we know...but honestly if the latest single indicates anything of her current musical direction then she needs to start listening to others and stop doing outdated sounds...

Comment

• Another person that worked with Mariah at ROC Nation has jumped ship with Melissa at Range Media.

"Tania Cruz is a Los Angeles native whose music journey began at CAA (after graduating from UC Berkeley) working for Mac Clark during the developmental years of CAA's Dance touring department. She has since contributed to teams at Dick Clark, UMPG, and most recently, Roc Nation, where she worked with current Range Music Managing Partner Melissa Ruderman, and collaborated on a year-long campaign to drive Mariah Carey's hit single, "All I Want For Christmas Is You" to #1 on the Billboard HOT 100 charts. Following the onset of the pandemic, Cruz dedicated her time to building out digital marketing campaigns and creating brand awareness strategies for independent musicians. She will now join Range Music as a Project Manager.

"Tania's comprehension of what it takes to work on the management teams of globally recognized music talent in this ever-changing industry exceeds that of any young executive I have worked with in my career," commented Melissa Ruderman, Managing Partner of Range Music. "We are lucky to have Tania's passion, drive, skill set and creativity here at Range.""

Comment

• Mariah's tweet has slightly increased book sales on Amazon.

It was in the 6000s in the US and even lower in the UK. Now:

US: 3850
                                UK: 2536

Paperback:

US: 1884

Comment

• I hope that story about Mariah and Jay Z isn’t true. They’ve always had a good relationship, it would suck if they really are beefing.
                                  I AM A GOD!

Comment

• I just dont get that "thing" about divas in 1998? Aretha enjoyed one moment with Celine and both of them enjoyed it, and it's a problem of the rest of singers that they are cowards at stage for give some life.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                      I have really pretty idea for Looking In video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                        I think they are releasing on a Thursday because they want to be able to say #1 song on iTunes World just like with GTFO. It created a little buzz with the headlines. They know these types of songs can’t compete with the regular hot new Friday releases. IMO it’s a good strategy.

Well it wasn't a particularly good strategy if it caused it yo miss charting on the hot 100 like some fans say it would have if released on a Friday.

And tbh iTunes really means nothing these days.
                                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• I’m not surprised Mariah and Jay’s Roc Nation split. They have very different views on what is appropriate to release. Mariah obviously is stubborn and wants to do her own thing while Jay probably wanted her to go do more commercially viable things. Both are right. Just not a good match.

Mariah should stop partnering with friends for business like in the future though. A lot of her relationships have soured due to business. I know Randy Jackson’s relationship with her kind of soured and so did her relationship with JD for a while.

Comment

• I am completely convinced that Mariah is unmanageable now. Even from the people she claims to respect. Jay got her to record with Dev Hayes. Jay knew where Mariah fit in the new decade but Mariah being Mariah has other plans. Yikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                              I am completely convinced that Mariah is unmanageable now. Even from the people she claims to respect. Jay got her to record with Dev Hayes. Jay knew where Mariah fit in the new decade but Mariah being Mariah has other plans. Yikes.
                                              Yeah I mean how many managers and companies has she been through at this stage.. I was just thinking yesterday that it has been so amazing how her public image improved since the Stella era so to read she has more management problems is disappointing. I already didn't like how she blamed the record company for Caution and the whole instant grats rant.
                                              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Clearly the mainly problem is mariah herself. It’s sad cause I think Jay and Roc nation was great for her career in this stage. I fear the worst is coming. I hope her career don’t get messy like 2012-2017

Comment

• What male artists have been influenced by Mariah Carey?. I always hear of the female artists who are inspired by her but not many men. Only ones I can think of from the top of my head are Justin Bieber and Sam Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                                                    What male artists have been influenced by Mariah Carey?. I always hear of the female artists who are inspired by her but not many men. Only ones I can think of from the top of my head are Justin Bieber and Sam Smith
                                                    BTS

#Beautiful(Remake)
                                                    Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                    #20th No.1

Comment

Working...
                                                    X