Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

BTS

#Beautiful(Remake)
    MNEK

Comment

• Mariah Carey (in Korean) -> 머라이어 캐리
      BTS (in Korean) -> 방탄 or 방탄소년단
      Last edited by Anderson; Sat June 5, 2021, 05:57.
      Mariah Carey x BTS
      #20th No.1

Comment

• I dont believe The Sun story.

But I do find it interesting it comes out now when she left Roc Nation ages ago. What is the motive and who is behind it?
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• The Mirror adds:
          https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...album-24254188

However, a source close to the pair told the Mirror: "Mariah’s relationship with Roc Nation ended courteously and she & Jay-Z are on great terms. Mariah is currently represented at Range where her former Roc Nation manager is a Managing Partner."
          Dailymail adds:
          https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...oc-Nation.html

A source close to the situation refuted earlier claims by telling DailyMail.com that reports of a 'row' between Mariah and Jay-Z are 'simply not true.'

'Mariah’s relationship with Roc Nation ended amicably and Mariah and Jay-Z are on great terms,' said the insider.

Comment

• I was more worried when i thought she had parted ways with Melissa as i think they make a great team.

Comment

• Mariah clearly left to stay with Melissa. That says how much confidence Mariah has in her and it’s also one of Mariah’s longest managerial relationships.

Comment

• Mariah didnt mention Melissa in her memoir in the acknowledgement section, so there definitely was a temporary departure likely when Melissa left Roc for Range Media. I dont think she was mentioned in The Rarities either. So, I wonder just how much was Melissa involved in anything that transpired in 2020.

If MC indeed left Roc to stay with Melissa, that says quite a lot about her relationship with her.

Mariah’s longest relationship in recent times has been with her PR firm with ImprintPR (Nicole and Brett). She signed with them allll the way back in 2015 and they survived the axing during and after the Stella era - which says a lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                  Clearly the mainly problem is mariah herself. It’s sad cause I think Jay and Roc nation was great for her career in this stage. I fear the worst is coming. I hope her career don’t get messy like 2012-2017
                  I would say messy has been from 2008 (after the second single) until 2018. I seriously would consider ten years of messiness and multiple managerial changes in Mariah land. And it cost her a lot. She left Handprint/Medina&Melissa shortly after 2008. Roc Nation & Melissa put her back on track majorly in 2018-2019.

If Mariah is going the heavy R&B route hopefully she experiments with new producers because JD, BMC, Daniel Moore etc will be just more of the same old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Maybe if we could've streamed the song on YT or Spotify it would've received more attention

Her team should have uploaded at least the audio in her channel.
                    Does she have a team right now? That article about her leaving Roc Nation is hella late. We been knew that she wasn't with them anymore. Speaking of which, somebody wanted to start some drama over it, because why is it just now being publicized?

Comment

• What I would like to know is what projects did Roc Nation initiate themselves vs. what projects they took over or renegotiated as leftovers from the Stella era.

Comment

• The only thing I remember her explicitly talking about was during the making of Caution. Does anyone remember the article about the two-Jays? She talked about how they had meetings with her regarding creative direction and kinda pushed blood orange on her which she was so grateful for because she never would have taken that chance without them. I would probably chalk up everyone new from Poo Bear and Shrillex to roc nations input.

In terms of the the the annual Christmas stuff I am sure she is capable of securing things on her own, but they probably had a part in the chip commercial and other big things that we saw in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                          iTunes is a dead format anyway.
                          Yeah, unless you're BTS or Taylor, for Mariah (and most artists) it won't make the difference.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                          Well it wasn't a particularly good strategy if it caused it yo miss charting on the hot 100 like some fans say it would have if released on a Friday.

And tbh iTunes really means nothing these days.
                          Exactly.

Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                          Few years means more than a decade, right? I read somewhere that a song needs to be at no. 1 for 30+ weeks to take over The Twist. I think this one applies to AIW considering that it only charts in Nov-Dec. Unofficially, Blinding Lights dethroned The Twist due to its record breaking longest stay in top 10, top 5 and I guess top 3. AIW is currently on top 600 so journey to top 10 might take a while.
                          Yeah, more than 20 years for sure, LOL, but I still will be alive (I hope! ).
                          If the song's chart performance remains stable, given the accumulated points from each year and the weeks that it stays in the Top 10/5 and even #1, it's a given.
                          I mean, the rest of the songs from that list (well, most of them), are basically "inactive"/"dead" (or will be in a few months) in the sense that won't be gaining more points, they have a limit. AIW on the other hand is getting bigger and bigger, that could accelerate the process a bit. Like I said, if it remains stable and if BB keeps working under the same rules.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          Mariah's tweet has slightly increased book sales on Amazon.

It was in the 6000s in the US and even lower in the UK. Now:

US: 3850
                          UK: 2536

Paperback:

US: 1884
                          That's good to know!

Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
                          I hope that story about Mariah and Jay Z isn’t true. They’ve always had a good relationship, it would suck if they really are beefing.
                          I wouldn't trust The Sun tbh.

Comment

• Maybe Mariah gonna release a Live album of her iconic performances to coincide with Memoir 2.0

Comment

• A couple years back. Ratchet mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                                What male artists have been influenced by Mariah Carey?. I always hear of the female artists who are inspired by her but not many men. Only ones I can think of from the top of my head are Justin Bieber and Sam Smith
                                Bruno & Shawn (they made it public).

But I'm sure she influenced lots of male artists, but they obviously would tend to mention another male singer as an inspiration (let's say BIIM, Stevie, Luther, Queen, Michael).
                                Mariah changed the game in '95 and made an imact in a whole generation, so even if some people don't mention her, she has had influenced 'em anyway.

But Justin is probably the biggest Mariah fan and I'm totally here for it <3

Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                                Mariah clearly left to stay with Melissa. That says how much confidence Mariah has in her and it’s also one of Mariah’s longest managerial relationships.
                                Yeah, I agree.
                                I was worried when Melissa left, so I'm glad that they're together again.
                                Not only she was one of Mariah’s longest managerial relationships as you said, but also one of the more effective ones (for what Mimi's career is at now, I mean).
                                The way she turned the tables after '17 is admirable.

Some people are so quick to jump on Mariah based on a biased article with a fake news. And they're fans apparently! Funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                  The only thing I remember her explicitly talking about was during the making of Caution. Does anyone remember the article about the two-Jays? She talked about how they had meetings with her regarding creative direction and kinda pushed blood orange on her which she was so grateful for because she never would have taken that chance without them. I would probably chalk up everyone new from Poo Bear and Shrillex to roc nations input.

In terms of the the the annual Christmas stuff I am sure she is capable of securing things on her own, but they probably had a part in the chip commercial and other big things that we saw in 2019.
                                  Yeah, I believe she worked with Roc Nation's A&R for Caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    What I would like to know is what projects did Roc Nation initiate themselves vs. what projects they took over or renegotiated as leftovers from the Stella era.
                                    That would be interesting to know tbh.

Also I'd like to know when the split happened exactly (and how!).
                                    I guess it was around July '17.
                                    But I wanna know the detalils

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    Maybe Mariah gonna release a Live album of her iconic performances to coincide with Memoir 2.0
                                    I'm totally here for it!
                                    There's lots of "big" performances that we don't have footage from, especially from Debut/Emotions Era.
                                    That would be a real treat.

Regarding that performance, I love how in TMOM she impersonates the man who presented her and the lil whistle, LOL.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                    A couple years back. Ratchet mess.
                                    LMAOOO

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                                      Mariah clearly left to stay with Melissa. That says how much confidence Mariah has in her and it’s also one of Mariah’s longest managerial relationships.
                                      Hasn't she only been with Melissa for a couple years and one studio album? I thought Melissa was out of the picture for a while now. But I mean three or four years us not exactly a long time and Mariah publicly complained about the Caution rollout which didn't inspire much confidence.
                                      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• I'm #obsessed with this performance.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Hasn't she only been with Melissa for a couple years and one studio album? I thought Melissa was out of the picture for a while now. But I mean three or four years us not exactly a long time and Mariah publicly complained about the Caution rollout which didn't inspire much confidence.
                                              She had managers way longer than Melissa. Also I dont count the Benny Medina years because Melissa was only an assistant at the time and Benny was the manager. I do know the pussy cat doll Nicole fired her so that in of itself does not inspire much confidence in me.

In terms of managing an album era, Melissa did not do much better then Stella, who at least had MC on the hot 100 two times (2015 & 2017). And two music videos that gathered more streams then all three from the Caution era. I am not counting AIWFCIY which will forever comeback on the chart. At least Mariahs image was 1000x better while with Melissa (or roc nation).

I would take Melissa over Stella any day, but I would take Jay & roc nation over Melissa just the same.

Comment

• We love Billy!

---

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

She had managers way longer than Melissa. Also I dont count the Benny Medina years because Melissa was only an assistant at the time and Benny was the manager. I do know the pussy cat doll Nicole fired her so that in of itself does not inspire much confidence in me.

In terms of managing an album era, Melissa did not do much better then Stella, who at least had MC on the hot 100 two times (2015 & 2017). And two music videos that gathered more streams then all three from the Caution era. I am not counting AIWFCIY which will forever comeback on the chart. At least Mariahs image was 1000x better while with Melissa (or roc nation).

I would take Melissa over Stella any day, but I would take Jay & roc nation over Melissa just the same.
                                                  In terms of music, you’re only considering the Hot 100.

The Rarities, Christmas soundtrack and Caution all entered the charts. Also, dont take AIWFCIY and Merry Christmas re-entering as a given. Rumour had it that Sony was NOT willing to work with Stella.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                                    Much, much better cover.
                                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                    X