X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Much, much better cover.
    I really love it.
    I like the OG, but I'm glad she changed it for the paperback version.
    She's gonna feed us again this year, it seems!
    Take our money, bish!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

That would be interesting to know tbh.

Also I'd like to know when the split happened exactly (and how!).
      I guess it was around July '17.
      But I wanna know the detalils

I'm totally here for it!
      There's lots of "big" performances that we don't have footage from, especially from Debut/Emotions Era.
      That would be a real treat.

Regarding that performance, I love how in TMOM she impersonates the man who presented her and the lil whistle, LOL.

LMAOOO
      EAI had all of the damn tea on the end of Mariah's relationship with Stella, lol. He said one of the girls Stella brought on (her niece, I think) messaged him after he pieced everything together in an IG comment. Things starting going south in April, but it was all a wrap by August. Thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Much, much better cover.
        Agreed - looks like the book will have more depth!

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

She had managers way longer than Melissa. Also I dont count the Benny Medina years because Melissa was only an assistant at the time and Benny was the manager. I do know the pussy cat doll Nicole fired her so that in of itself does not inspire much confidence in me.

In terms of managing an album era, Melissa did not do much better then Stella, who at least had MC on the hot 100 two times (2015 & 2017). And two music videos that gathered more streams then all three from the Caution era. I am not counting AIWFCIY which will forever comeback on the chart. At least Mariahs image was 1000x better while with Melissa (or roc nation).

I would take Melissa over Stella any day, but I would take Jay & roc nation over Melissa just the same.
          I think at this point there is very little any manager can do to change the hot 100 situation. It's all about the legacy and public image now and that improved so much. But I dunno, it just seems that with Mariah there is always some disagreement or another going on with someone.
          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

In terms of music, you’re only considering the Hot 100.

The Rarities, Christmas soundtrack and Caution all entered the charts. Also, dont take AIWFCIY and Merry Christmas re-entering as a given. Rumour had it that Sony was NOT willing to work with Stella.
            Well I mean Mariah is not going to miss the album charts but I was personally a bit disappointed by the rarities showing on the charts. IMO that Xmas soundtrack was really not needed at all.

Comment

• Im not going to defend Stella as I think she was pure trash. Even if Mariah had a fiercer attitude during that partnership which was cool to see.

But I will say in terms of singles that were released, the Stella managed singles fared much better than anything Melissa did with Mariah. I just hope Mariah can find some success in the future with her single releases.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                Im not going to defend Stella as I think she was pure trash. Even if Mariah had a fiercer attitude during that partnership which was cool to see.

But I will say in terms of singles that were released, the Stella managed singles fared much better than anything Melissa did with Mariah. I just hope Mariah can find some success in the future with her single releases.
                i don’t was really the only single pushed in the Stella era. It did well due to publicity from a) the backlash over NYE and b) the false narrative over her burning the Mottola dress.

infinity was released just as Stella era was starting so I wouldn’t really count that …

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well I mean Mariah is not going to miss the album charts but I was personally a bit disappointed by the rarities showing on the charts. IMO that Xmas soundtrack was really not needed at all.
                  The Rarities wasnt promoted at all though so how much better could it have done?

It made it to the year end sales chart, which is more than reasonable.

I agree the xmas album was not necessary but I enjoyed the fact that she did it and the fact that the Apple Special centred entirely around it. To me, had the special existed and we didnt have a soundtrack it wouldve felt like something was missing.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Yeah, I believe she worked with Roc Nation's A&R for Caution.
                    Domo! We loved her!

Melissa is amazing, she can find new A&R

Maybe Taylor James who did the last Bieber album that is doing so well?

Ain’t difficult in terms of who MC should work with, just listen to playlists

We had Blood Orange slash Dev on wish lists for years

Other obvious ones, look em up on Genius:
                    D’Mile, Los Hendrix, Roget Chahayed, Frank Dukes, Mark Ronson, Jon Bellion, Ayo & Keyz, Kevin Parker, SG Lewis
                    Last edited by allygdale; Sat June 5, 2021, 18:46.

Comment

The Rarities wasnt promoted at all though so how much better could it have done?

It made it to the year end sales chart, which is more than reasonable.

I agree the xmas album was not necessary but I enjoyed the fact that she did it and the fact that the Apple Special centred entirely around it. To me, had the special existed and we didnt have a soundtrack it wouldve felt like something was missing.
                      Well I don't think it's true to say it wasn't promoted at all. She had Save the day, Out here on my own, it was talked about in interviews, she has that tennis thing. I thought it would have at least made the top 20.

Comment

Well I don't think it's true to say it wasn't promoted at all. She had Save the day, Out here on my own, it was talked about in interviews, she has that tennis thing. I thought it would have at least made the top 20.
                        Fair. Different expectatons I guess.

Comment

• Way better cover. This should have been the hardcover pic and the OG could have been saved for the paperback.

Mariah has always been known for picking the absolute best album cover pics (minus MOAIA & MIAMTEC) so it’s frustrating that she choose such a bad picture for her original memoirs.

Comment

• I dont think the original cover is bad.

I can understand from a PR point of view wanting a "current" picture of Mariah on the cover - for the casual buyer. But I would've used a new pic.

Comment

• I’m just ready for Somewhat Loved. I doubt that JayZ story is true.

Comment

• The Shade Room just posted it. I hope this isn’t about to be a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                  EAI had all of the damn tea on the end of Mariah's relationship with Stella, lol. He said one of the girls Stella brought on (her niece, I think) messaged him after he pieced everything together in an IG comment. Things starting going south in April, but it was all a wrap by August. Thank God.
                                  I know, but I want to hear/read/know it from Mariah's perspective.
                                  Perhaps in TMOM 2.0

Yeah, she was done with that b!tch when the ATH started in July.

Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                  i don’t was really the only single pushed in the Stella era. It did well due to publicity from a) the backlash over NYE and b) the false narrative over her burning the Mottola dress.

infinity was released just as Stella era was starting so I wouldn’t really count that …
                                  I agree.

Infinity was done before Stella. And it was meh to say the least.
                                  I Don't charted just 'cause a PR stunt (the dress, James).

Both spent 1 week at #80-ish, which means nothing anyway.

GTFO would've done a lil better if released on a Friday probably.

The only good thing about Infinity was the Vegas Residency.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  I personally enjoyed the Xmas Soundtrack and pulled some numbers.
                                  Glad they did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                    I doubt that JayZ story is true.
                                    That story was already denied by The Mirror & Dailymail.
                                    The Sun is the last thing I would trust.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    I dont think the original cover is bad.

I can understand from a PR point of view wanting a "current" picture of Mariah on the cover - for the casual buyer. But I would've used a new pic.
                                    I like the OG cover. Quite eye catching IMO.
                                    I love the idea of current Mariah in the front with lil Mariah on the back with their hair "connected", it was a cute touch.
                                    Also I'd have preferred a new pic, but the one they used it was great - it was from the shoot for the Billboard Magazine '19 - and with all the things she was doing atm and the little time she had I can understand. Plus she looked like her 100%-self which is already great in itself LOL.

Comment

That story was already denied by The Mirror & Dailymail.
                                      The Sun is the last thing I would trust.

I like the OG cover. Quite eye catching IMO.
                                      I love the idea of current Mariah in the front with lil Mariah on the back with their hair "connected", it was a cute touch.
                                      Also I'd have preferred a new pic, but the one they used it was great - it was from the shoot for the Billboard Magazine '19 - and with all the things she was doing atm and the little time she had I can understand. Plus she looked like her 100%-self which is already great in itself LOL.
                                      Daily Mail or Mirror certainly are not reliable either haha. All gutter press !!

Comment

• Comment

Daily Mail or Mirror certainly are not reliable either haha. All gutter press !!
                                          They're certainly not the Bible LOL but I would trust them over The Sun any day. Both cited a "close source/insider".
                                          The timing - it came out of the blue, months later that she left - also didn't help to make it reliable for me, zero proofs.

Time will tell tho!

Comment

They're certainly not the Bible LOL but I would trust them over The Sun any day. Both cited a "close source/insider".
                                            The timing - it came out of the blue, months later that she left - also didn't help to make it reliable for me, zero proofs.

Time will tell tho!
                                            Tbh i didnt even know she had left. I just thought Melissa had left. I dont follow all the behind the scenes stuff too closely, just give me music !!!

Comment

• Gawd, love her vibrato so much. It's the perfect balance in terms of speed.

Plus she can use it properly in every register/part of her voice.

Mariah Carey INCREDIBLE Vibrato Moments Compilation

I whish the user would've added clips from her lower register. I love her vibrato in the D3-F#3 area.

Comment

Tbh i didnt even know she had left. I just thought Melissa had left. I dont follow all the behind the scenes stuff too closely, just give me music !!!
                                                Yeah, like months ago!

But I agree, we want new music bring it, gurl

She's been recording for months now.

I'm not expecting an album but - apart of the Somewhat Loved track - she has new material!

Comment

Yeah, like months ago!

But I agree, we want new music bring it, gurl

She's been recording for months now.

I'm not expecting an album but - apart of the Somewhat Loved track - she has new material!
                                                  See that is why I thought it was a recent development and all my replies were based on that

Comment

• I’m just here to say ribbon is an excellent song if we disregard the intro
                                                    funny how one can learn
                                                    to grow numb to the madness
                                                    and block it away

Comment

Working...
                                                    X