No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by Shaka; Tue June 8, 2021, 17:00.

Comment

• I still wish Mariah would give us the demo tape , maybe on June 12th for the mc anniversary .

Comment

• She sounds gorgeous on the better quality snippet.

Comment

• The Emmy interview was really well done. I love how detail oriented she got and spoke specifically about executive producing. It was a fluid conversation too.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
              She sounds gorgeous on the better quality snippet.
              Yeah.
              They deleted the tweet and re-uploaded it, so I posted it again.
              Don't know why

She sounds so good, can't wait to hear the full thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                OMFG all of Mariah’s albums on Apple Music are in lossless now and MIAMTEC
                Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                OMFG “GIVING ME LIFE” IN HI-RES

THE TEXTURES IN DEM LOWS
                Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                “REFLECTIONS,” THE DETAIL, THE RICHNESS, I CAN’T DEAL
                Doing thee absolute most. Doesn’t matter if you’re listening in losseless quality or hi-res because the human ear can barely tell the difference. Also, you’d have to play the music in high-end audio equipments and even with that, it’s still hard to really tell the difference. Anything wireless cannot play lossless content unless you’re using Wi-Fi transmission, which wireless earbuds and the like such as AirPods Pro don’t use at all, they’re using Bluetooth.

Comment

• CDs. Great, high quality audio. SACD? No-one's bothered. Nah, we'll go to mp3. You won't notice the difference!

Years later...

"Yeah, high def audio wooo, amazing!" (Company: Cha-Ching!)

Okay then.

Comment

• A guide, if someone is interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      A guide, if someone is interested.

I dont feel in the mood with this song. I love Mariah and i hope you know it. But it feels like she doesnt care very much about this project. I will listen and enjoy it tho but dont think it will make a lot of noise. And she is not helping loli still think she doesnt care about this project. This project was ok for her in the past but now she seems to have her mind on smth new

I feel the same for the lambs, i dont see much lambs excited for this song. I think it is what we see from her lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

I dont feel in the mood with this song. I love Mariah and i hope you know it. But it feels like she doesnt care very much about this project. I will listen and enjoy it tho but dont think it will make a lot of noise. And she is not helping loli still think she doesnt care about this project. This project was ok for her in the past but now she seems to have her mind on smth new

I feel the same for the lambs, i dont see much lambs excited for this song. I think it is what we see from her lol
                        Mariah is a featured artist though. Not sure what people expect from her. Plus, it's on BMG, so Sony is not gonna do anything else.

Think about Ariana Grande and JHud lifting Oh Santa!. They gave one or two social media posts and that was it. Featured artists mostly do what they are contracted to do and not much else.

Given that Jam x Lewis last release with Babyface did well on radio, maybe this will too.

People didnt expect WIB to do much either and it did a reasonable job at radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Mariah is a featured artist though.
                          ah. I didn't know this I must have missed it. I've been under the impression her overall role was larger.
                          Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I think her last good video was AIWFCIY - and it appeared she had a budget outside of what her label gave her (e.g. Walker's ad money).
                            Budgetary constraints are a valid point. I don't think it should a deterrent though. Ideas and creactivity don't cost anything.
                            Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              Ohh did they speed it up? I like the tempo!

Comment

• Originally posted by TwistedFantasy View Post

Doing thee absolute most. Doesn’t matter if you’re listening in losseless quality or hi-res because the human ear can barely tell the difference. Also, you’d have to play the music in high-end audio equipments and even with that, it’s still hard to really tell the difference. Anything wireless cannot play lossless content unless you’re using Wi-Fi transmission, which wireless earbuds and the like such as AirPods Pro don’t use at all, they’re using Bluetooth.
                                The only wireless I have is Sonos Arc, my headphones are Sennheiser, they connect through a big ass converter

You can hear the difference, they sound like the CDs and Vinyls, some better, like Glitter, the pianos sparkle

Another thing I noticed is that in My All, the opening adlibs have a split voice thing, or a harmony, that I never heard before! The difference is more noticeable on sparse tracks
                                Last edited by allygdale; Tue June 8, 2021, 19:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                  Guys, what big artist do you think we will see in her new xmas special?

I vote for BTS
                                  Ditto!! They should release a Christmas single too!
                                  bc it's the easiest way to get 20th #1 for her.
                                  Christmas queen + YouTube king = her 4th #1 debut
                                  Mariah Carey x BTS
                                  #20th No.1

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Ditto!! They should release a Christmas single too!
                                    bc it's the easiest way to get 20th #1 for her.
                                    Christmas queen + YouTube king = her 4th #1 debut
                                    depends on when they would release the song... if they release it 2 weeks before xmas... then AIWFCIY could block whatever new xmas song she would do with BTS bc AIWFCIY is kind of the biggest song ever in that period... I mean Taylor Swift needed 12 individually released remixes of her new song which she then discounted multiple times during the week in order to just squeeze ahead of "All".
                                    My Chart

Comment

Ohh did they speed it up? I like the tempo!
                                      Ugh I’m so tired of those songs with overly busy production. It sounds so messy and outdated. Not looking forward to this one. I will still buy it but no excitement…

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

Ugh I’m so tired of those songs with overly busy production. It sounds so messy and outdated. Not looking forward to this one. I will still buy it but no excitement…
                                        I don’t know what you’re talking about, I love it

Comment

• I'm looking forward to listening to the song. It's got that oomf rnb feel. Her harmonies sound pretty !

Wait, why do I only see Trey's album artwork for "Pisces" now ?

Last edited by Migrate; Tue June 8, 2021, 22:04.
                                          If you have 5 minutes, please check out my song "So Fly" on YouTube.

Comment

I don’t know what you’re talking about, I love it
                                            Me three!

Comment

• Variety reports MC has a “partnership” with Range Media - but doesnt give any details. The phrasing of “partnership” makes it seem more than just a manager - client relationship. Maybe this is bigger than we think. Maybe its nothing at all. We’ll see

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...ia-1234991672/

Comment

• Oh thank god we are back, 48 more hours!

Comment

Oh thank god we are back, 48 more hours!
                                                  Isn’t it 24? I thought it comes out at midnight on 6/10…

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

depends on when they would release the song... if they release it 2 weeks before xmas... then AIWFCIY could block whatever new xmas song she would do with BTS bc AIWFCIY is kind of the biggest song ever in that period... I mean Taylor Swift needed 12 individually released remixes of her new song which she then discounted multiple times during the week in order to just squeeze ahead of "All".
                                                    Taylor looked desperately pathetic last year but Mariah & BTS may have to do the similar way Taylor did to overtake her own song AIWFCIY.
                                                    It would be amazing if she takes both #1 and #2 places at the same time.
                                                    Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                    #20th No.1

Comment

Working...
                                                    X