Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Ohh did they speed it up? I like the tempo!
    No speed change. Hopefully it makes BB hot 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Taylor looked desperately pathetic last year but Mariah & BTS may have to do the similar way Taylor did to overtake her own song AIWFCIY.
      It would be amazing if she takes both #1 and #2 places at the same time.
      BTS almost always discount their single the first week and also releases multiple versions. I think a song released during a relatively weak week during the xmas season stands a chance for sure.

I still think there is life in the Oh Santa remix. If she could get the teams of the other girls together to put some things together there is definitely room for a top tier re-entry.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• It’s amazing that all the fifth harmony girls still absolutely adore Mariah! It really is true, all the 2000’s and 2010’s talent show girls were emulating Mariah. Without her there would be no American Idol or X-Factor!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          Variety reports MC has a “partnership” with Range Media - but doesnt give any details. The phrasing of “partnership” makes it seem more than just a manager - client relationship. Maybe this is bigger than we think. Maybe its nothing at all. We’ll see

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...ia-1234991672/
          I like that - covering all angles.

It is interesting phrasing. Could be a promotions deal or production deal or something ?
          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

I like that - covering all angles.

It is interesting phrasing. Could be a promotions deal or production deal or something ?
            Not sure. Could simply be how Range Media “Partners” market themselves?

Other outlets appear to report the same language but nothing specific. So could just be the traditional manager - client relationship. Interestingly, Range Media has yet to announce this so everyone is working on background sources. Weird.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Any lambs in New Zealand or Australia please let us know your thoughts on the single when it comes out first in your country.

Comment

• :( Is it coming out midnight tonight?

I've been so busy lately I've lost track of dates
                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Ohh did they speed it up? I like the tempo!
                  I'm not sure, I didn't save the early leaked version LOL. But for me sounds the same but mixed.
                  It sounds way better in HQ. Her tone sounds great!

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                  depends on when they would release the song... if they release it 2 weeks before xmas... then AIWFCIY could block whatever new xmas song she would do with BTS bc AIWFCIY is kind of the biggest song ever in that period... I mean Taylor Swift needed 12 individually released remixes of her new song which she then discounted multiple times during the week in order to just squeeze ahead of "All".
                  And she did all of that for 1 point difference #neverforget

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  Taylor looked desperately pathetic last year but Mariah & BTS may have to do the similar way Taylor did to overtake her own song AIWFCIY.
                  It would be amazing if she takes both #1 and #2 places at the same time.
                  Mariah would never do that, c'mon let's be real.

Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                  It’s amazing that all the fifth harmony girls still absolutely adore Mariah! It really is true, all the 2000’s and 2010’s talent show girls were emulating Mariah. Without her there would be no American Idol or X-Factor!
                  "Mother Mimi" ​ yasss, we love Lauren <3

Comment

Oh thank god we are back, 48 more hours!
                    Actually less than 24 hours in the US! It's a thursday release and Aussie lambs are gonna have it in a few hours!

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                    :( Is it coming out midnight tonight?
                    Yep!

Comment

I still think there is life in the Oh Santa remix. If she could get the teams of the other girls together to put some things together there is definitely room for a top tier re-entry.
                      I hope they goes harder with the promo this year.
                      They can perform the song live in some show, I think that will generate lots of buzz, especially 'cause Mimi X Ari in the same stage. I'm not sure if the girls are interested (actually their respective teams, 'cause we know both Ari & J-H would love it).
                      Also, I hope both are taking part from the Apple Special this year again.

And let's not pretend a #1, just a better chart run than last year - IF it happens.
                      It's just a wishful thinking

Comment

• OMG, I just noticed Mariah posted this on her YT Channel in '17, totally missed it.

This is my jam!

Shook Ones, Pt. 11 (Explicit)

Shook Ones, Pt. 11 (Explicit) Mariah Carey The League The Mix Tape Volume III - 60 Minutes Of Funk - The Final Chapter ℗ 1998 Loud Records LLC Released on: 1999-11-08

Comment

• LOL I can't believe that Georgina reacted to the snippet

She didn't like Where I belong LOL.
                          We love her tho!

Comment

• Lol she's a true lamb, and just can't waint any longer. I can't wait too. Love the snipped, her vocals are on fire... I don't support leaking music, but if someone has it in full pelase DM me

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulwieboo View Post
                              Lol she's a true lamb, and just can't waint any longer. I can't wait too. Love the snipped, her vocals are on fire... I don't support leaking music, but if someone has it in full pelase DM me
                              Technically it won't be a leak, so don't feel guilty It's gonna be out in some countries first.

Plus it won't even chart, so no harm will be done.

Best scenario is some airplay success - which I hope it reaches.

Anyway, share the song in your social media gurls!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Actually less than 24 hours in the US! It's a thursday release and Aussie lambs are gonna have it in a few hours!

Yep!
                                This Aussie lamb is falling asleep after a long day at work :(

I don't usually sleep before midnight but tonight might be an exception.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• OMG, never imagined they would call each other!

Spanish collabo bishes!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                    This Aussie lamb is falling asleep after a long day at work :(

I don't usually sleep before midnight but tonight might be an exception.
                                    I could never, my body won't allow me to do that!

Well, you're gonna wake up (tomorrow) with lots of pages and a new song

Also be ready for some meltdowns, just in case

Comment

• Mariah's sent her "Mariah's Pride Cookies" to lots of fans

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I could never, my body won't allow me to do that!

Well, you're gonna wake up (tomorrow) with lots of pages and a new song

Also be ready for some meltdowns, just in case
                                        I have my meltdown essay already written
                                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Guys, Mariah Access is on a campaign.

If you want to help:

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                            I have my meltdown essay already written
                                            I figured

Comment

BTS almost always discount their single the first week and also releases multiple versions. I think a song released during a relatively weak week during the xmas season stands a chance for sure.

That is unlikely to happen. They are just the featured artists - and as you pointed out , featured artists or their teams aren't gonna do much for a song. Especially on a song like Oh Santa where the girls were basically just background vocalists with an adlib or two at the end. Mariah should have taken advantage of Ariana and used her much more liberally in the song if she really wanted to get Arianators interested and behind the song, and then by extension her team - see The Weeknd and Save your tears remix. He takes a complete backseat on the track and allows Ariana to completely take over it !
                                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Spoiler Alert, in case you don't want to hear about the new song.

So I log in randomly and find out from you all that Meemz has a new song out and I had no idea at all. I happen to be in NZ at the moment. So it's now available on Youtube in NZ. So first impressions are that it's pleasant but pretty much like the snippet released before x 2 (i.e. 2 verse, 2 prechorus and 2 chorus). After that, it's got some fun whistles in the bridge and then the final chorus x 2 with some more fun runs and whistles at the end. No crazy vocals at the end. It gives me "filler" track vibes from something like Rainbow or MOAIA ... very nostalgic - even 80s in some touches. In some parts, the vocals sound a bit transister radio-ish/dry, but nothing too horrible. Overall, pleasant and nice that Meemz is continuing to record new music. Maybe it will grow a bit more on me after a few listens.

Credits as per Youtube:
                                                Provided to YouTube by BMG Rights Management (US) LLC Somewhat Loved (There You Go Breakin' My Heart) (feat. Mariah Carey) Jam & Lewis Mariah Carey Somewhat Loved (There You Go Breakin' My Heart) (feat. Mariah Carey) ℗ 2021 Flyte Tyme Productions, Inc. under exclusive license to BMG Rights Management (US) LLC Unknown: Brant Biles Vocal Recording Engineer: Brian Garten Unknown: Herb Powers Jr. Cymbals, Unknown, Keyboards, Percussion, Producer, Programmer: Jimmy Jam Drum Programmer: Jimmy Jam Unknown, Harp, Keyboards, Strings: John Jackson Acoustic Piano: John Jackson Drum Programmer: John Jackson Backing Vocals: Mariah Carey Producer, Vocals: Terry Lewis Composer: James Harris III Composer: Mariah Carey Composer: Terius Nash Composer: Terry Lewis
                                                Last edited by AlmondBreeze; Wed June 9, 2021, 15:22.

Comment

• I'm loving it so far. Her voice sounded clear, it's like TEOM meets Rainbow vocals especially towards the end. Her whistle notes sounded light and strong like the TBO whistles.

Love the harp elements in the intro. The whistle at the end reminds me of Mine Again.
                                                  Last edited by Mckenry; Wed June 9, 2021, 16:04.

Comment

• If anybody has the link to the song , please Private message me !! Of course, IM GOING TO STREAM the song once it’s officially released in the states. But I would love to listen early since it’s out in other countries.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X