No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is an acapella version and an instrumental + bgv version. I tried to imagine the two together and my impression is that it's a proper throwback sort of song. Liberal use of whistle register which I found interesting. The vocal track remind me of the same audio quality/mic set up used for the audiobook.

Overall I find it to be an album cut but no more. I'll wait for the full (combined) version anyhow.
    Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• I’ve only been able to listen to the ones on YouTube and I actually like it! It ranks high on her ad hoc singles for me.. much better than I Don’t and Infinity for example.

overall it’s pleasant on the ears!
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I think Mariah sounds fantastic. I enjoyed her vocal and the chorus to the track.

I enjoyed the song more on the 3rd listen.

I understand this isn't a "Mariah single" so I won't go too off on it, lol. Not a big fan of the lyrics though.

Comment

• So when is this actually coming out ? Will it be like 5 am UK time ?
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
            Everyone needs to remember this is a left over track from a decade or more ago that has been repurposed for a Jam & Lewis compilation. Take it for what it is. Not the lead single of a Mariah album campaign.
            I dont think anyone has suggested otherwize though.

Comment

• I like the song too, I just don’t love it. Like I said, it’s perfect for the album that it’s on. Definitely not a Mariah album caliber song.
              I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I could never, my body won't allow me to do that!

Well, you're gonna wake up (tomorrow) with lots of pages and a new song

Also be ready for some meltdowns, just in case
                lol

So here I am, and there are a lot of new pages... and I haven't read them yet!

Let's listen to the song first!!!
                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Hi! There you are. I enjoyed this song. Songs will never live to everyone’s expectations tbh, but I really like this one.
                  see ya!!

Comment

• I liked the song, there’s some interesting parts here and there, but I didn’t like the chorus and the repeated “breaking my heart” phrase, felt lazy and predictable from the first listen, other than that, it’s a nice song.

Comment

• Just a warning that the versions being circulated on YouTube are altered to avoid copyright removal. The real HQ version released where it is already Thursday in the world is much better.

Comment

• HHmm very interesting track. I really like the instrumental actually, it has some interesting ebbs and flows. I think Mariah kind of over did it vocally, which I find to be the case with a lot of her songs. There are vocals flying in from all sides and sometimes theres three or four layers, when a more simple approach could work as good, in my opinion.
                        This is especially true in the pre chorus and chorus. And also the bridge lord, the cacophany of vocals and the whistles and that sustained " MEEEEEEEE" on top of it all

I like it overall though, far better than Obsessed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeejust View Post
                          Just a warning that the versions being circulated on YouTube are altered to avoid copyright removal. The real HQ version released where it is already Thursday in the world is much better.
                          Oh I thought that may be the case. Disclaimer - my review is from a youtube version !

Comment

• I imagine the lyric video version on YouTube is the correct track though, no?
                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Am i listening to the same song as everyone else who is complaining about it ? B/c “ somewhat loved “ is a BOP from what I’m hearing ... i really liked it on first listen and my liking for it is growing with each play !!! Her vocals sound good and smooth - not Siri-riah at all ! Overall , I’m very pleased with this one-off song, as it has definitely served its purpose .... it’s definitely built my anticipation for her Album campaign !! Thank you so much Mariah for still being active in music. I’m so appreciative.

Comment

• The song really goes into BOP mode after the 50 second mark!

Comment

• Terius Nash is credited as a composer so I guess it really is a MOAIA leftover after all. Well, I just finished listening to the whole thing. The intro is very nice and sets a mood. The song is ok and I think it will grow with time. The bridge is a mess though! Haha. Still like it.
                                  Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                  www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by jeejust View Post
                                    Just a warning that the versions being circulated on YouTube are altered to avoid copyright removal. The real HQ version released where it is already Thursday in the world is much better.
                                    Good to note for people. Thanks!
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Pretty much agree with you three...

Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post
                                      I liked the song, there’s some interesting parts here and there, but I didn’t like the chorus and the repeated “breaking my heart” phrase, felt lazy and predictable from the first listen, other than that, it’s a nice song.
                                      I really dislike the 'breaking my heart' repeat... it's kinda catchy but it doesn't sound great to me.

Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                      Terius Nash is credited as a composer so I guess it really is a MOAIA leftover after all. Well, I just finished listening to the whole thing. The intro is very nice and sets a mood. The song is ok and I think it will grow with time. The bridge is a mess though! Haha. Still like it.
                                      The intro and the verses are the best parts of the song. The chorus and bridges are just not doing it for me. The pre-chorus is ok - but the three almost sound like 3 different songs. Actually you're right - the bridge is a mess Upon first listen, and subsequent listens, it's still a mess!

Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                      Spoiler Alert, in case you don't want to hear about the new song.It gives me "filler" track vibes from something like Rainbow or MOAIA ... very nostalgic - even 80s in some touches. In some parts, the vocals sound a bit transister radio-ish/dry, but nothing too horrible. Overall, pleasant and nice that Meemz is continuing to record new music. Maybe it will grow a bit more on me after a few listens.
                                      It's kinda grown on me after repeat listens, but it's still an off cut.

Unpopular opinion, but I had a much better reaction to Save The Day when I first heard it. To me it's still the better song.
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Ummm, I LOVE the song, the high quality version

I wish the vocal had more reverb but she sounds AMAZING

Comment

• Y’all, it’s the most commercial track she’s released since #B, it may be basic but it’s not messy, it has very traditional structure unlike Save The Day

I do hope the vocals on the other songs she’s working on have more reverb, but the vocals themselves are great, TONE

Comment

• Not y’all trying to drag Obsessed....

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                              Y’all, it’s the most commercial track she’s released since #B, it may be basic but it’s not messy, it has very traditional structure unlike Save The Day

I do hope the vocals on the other songs she’s working on have more reverb, but the vocals themselves are great, TONE
                                              I hear quite a lot of reverb on the YouTube lyric video.. is that different?

Comment

• They're trying to drag Obsessed.

They finally found a song that couldn't impress
                                                Last song on earth and they still couldn't like this
                                                They're delusional, they're delusional
                                                Boy you're losing your taste

Look, it's not a classic... but it's a very good song.
                                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

I hear quite a lot of reverb on the YouTube lyric video.. is that different?
                                                  Theres loads of reverb on the vocals

Comment

• On my Spotify now. I really like the intro and the part directly after the intro. Sounds great. Very nice tone and vocals.
                                                    The choppy piano that comes in really reminds me of Touch my Body ! I feel this could be a real grower but I have to admit I dont know what is going on in the bridge. That MEEEEE is just a bit grating as well as the whistles Maybe if some parts were turned down it would not sound as harsh.

I love the part " The more I thought about you, the less I thought about me... "
                                                    I really like the instrumental, it has loads of little touches and nice production elements. Like the heart beats in the outro. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X