Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AutomaticPrince View Post
    There are some things I'm hearing in her voice that I'm very pleased with. She's doing a lot of runs and switching notes all over the place and her voice is very connected and strong. There's a certain "r&b" vibe in her voice that I haven't heard on record in a while and that really makes me excited for the next album. She seems to be in a good place vocally, so I'm hoping her current creative/inspired moment that she recently mentioned is accurate and that she delivers. I can't wait.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    We stood there alone
    In that silent corridor
    Those unspoken words conjured fixation
    Capturing me

Dem lyrics are so Butterfly and not at all Memoirs
    Totally agree.
    Love that part.

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
    I’m really enjoying the song and it definitely has replay value for me.
    my one critique is that the last 10 seconds are unnecessary, it should have just finished before the little outro
    I like the Outro! A LOT!
    But yeah, it has replay value for me as well.

Originally posted by Milano View Post
    I like the new song for what it is. The chorus is really catchy. The new vocal is good, comforting, reassuring.

You all have a point as regards the 'messy' structure. If it were simpler, more straightforward (no pre-chorus, no bridge) it could have done a bit on the radio.
    Exactly.
    This is too busy for radio.
    I can't see people going through the whole song tbh.

Last edited by Shaka; Thu June 10, 2021, 14:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

Yes it does

The receipts

What streaming service are you listening on ?
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
        Currently listening to the ending of ‘Faded’ for the fourth time in a row. She was really going through it, such a passionate vocal and simple yet effective lyric.

”always somewhere but you’re not there for me”
        Yes, the last 30 seconds or so of Faded was pure Bliss! Her full vocals in here as weel as in other songs like MILG, Supernatural and YDKWTD were just Amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Also am I reaching when I say that her whistles sounds like she is saying Break my heart over and over ( like 4 times in the bridge)
          you are probably correct. I kinda heard that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post

you are probably correct. I kinda heard that too.
            Yup, on repeated listens I can hear that she was definitely trying to represent "Break my Heart" in whistle form. The length of the whistle and the way she delivered them exactly fit those words Cannot believe no one else has picked up on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post

Yes, the last 30 seconds or so of Faded was pure Bliss! Her full vocals in here as weel as in other songs like MILG, Supernatural and YDKWTD were just Amazing.
              Faded is sheer bliss from start to finish. The fact that she had the audacity to leave that rotting on an album is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                I thought the same. It’s crazy low. Hopefully it’s just a lag
                No, it is what it is.
                The amount of likes on their tweets were crazy low as well.

I mean, WIB feat. Busta, 70% of the streams are not "real", we know it

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                That’s the best whistle though!
                Yep! I love it.

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                My only dislike is the middle 8.. not pleasant on the regular listeners ear.
                Exactly my thoughts.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                I love that part when the heart beats come in at the end. If that's the bit u mean!
                Yep, I love that part, very atmospheric and a perfect way to end it, since it very "clean" compared to the rest.

Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                I have to admit the chorus of the new song is stuck in my head. I want new Mariah music for summer like an EP!
                Same!
                Some parts are quite messy but it's stuck in my head LOL.

Comment

Yup, on repeated listens I can hear that she was definitely trying to represent "Break my Heart" in whistle form. The length of the whistle and the way she delivered them exactly fit those words Cannot believe no one else has picked up on that.
                  Yeah, she's phrasing it in whistle.
                  Sometimes she does it very smoothly so it's not in your face like the Never Too Far whistle for example, and it's more difficult to catch in first listens. Most people will miss it tbh.

She did A LOT here

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                    I’m gonna go on record and say I was the first to say I’d love her to have had ‘All for you’

I have to admit the chorus of the new song is stuck in my head. I want new Mariah music for summer like an EP!
                    A GEM in her catalog <3
                    One of the songs that saved MIAM album.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                    Faded is sheer bliss from start to finish. The fact that she had the audacity to leave that rotting on an album is beyond me.
                    Ugh, I know.
                    It should've been the last single IMO.

Comment

• Somewhat Loved (There You Go Breakin' My Heart) (feat. Mariah Carey) ACAPELLA

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Yeah, she's phrasing it in whistle.
                        Sometimes she does it very smoothly so it's not in your face like the Never Too Far whistle for example, and it's more difficult to catch in first listens. Most people will miss it tbh.

She did A LOT here
                        I thought she was whistling "there you go"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post

I thought she was whistling "there you go"
                          Not at all. Two long whistles on either side of a short whistle.. clearly "Break my heart " Sounds nothing like There you go

Comment

• Ok, lots of good things here.

- Her tone sounds AMAZING. Rich and full. Nothing nasal about it.

- Her whistles are super clear now and sound like her old whistles again, she re-gained quality. Nice use of that register through the song.

- Some really cool octave unisons going on there.

- I like the lyrics.

- Verses are my favorite parts
                            Love the lyrics on Verse 1.
                            Verse 2 is FIRE, her tone in "Spun out of control / In this faithless world I must own" is to die for.

- I love the Outro.

The pre-chorus, chorus & brige could've been better.
                            Less is more sometimes.

- Her vocals overall are amazing IMO.
                            You can hate on the song all that you want, but she sounded GREAT.
                            Her chest voice sounds healthy and she did lots of things, she didn't go crazy high, but nice C5s & D5s. Also she doesn't sound choppy, great transitions, a flexible instrument and very good runs (there's no autotune here).

It won't be a hit, I don't see this working on radio at all, it's not my favorite Mariah song, but I really liked it and I'm happy that she released it.

Comment

Not at all. Two long whistles on either side of a short whistle.. clearly "Break my heart " Sounds nothing like There you go
                              I hear nothing as "there u go" LOL

Comment

I hear nothing as "there u go" LOL
                                On the lyrics video it has There you go in brackets but I think that part is in the background.
                                The whistles are Break my heart ( at least to me)

Comment

On the lyrics video it has There you go in brackets but I think that part is in the background.
                                  The whistles are Break my heart ( at least to me)
                                  Yeah, yeah, I know!
                                  I was talking about the whistles.
                                  Sounds like "Break My Heart" to me as well.

Comment

• Somewhat Loved (There You Go Breakin' My Heart) [feat. Mariah Carey] is at #74 on US iTunes.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, I know!
                                      I was talking about the whistles.
                                      Sounds like "Break My Heart" to me as well.

I know babe I was just explaining why someone might think it was There you go as it has that in brackets on the lyrics video on YT

Comment

• Lots of fandoms are helping! <3

Nice to see this

Comment

I know babe I was just explaining why someone might think it was There you go as it has that in brackets on the lyrics video on YT
                                          Ok bae, got ya'

Comment

• Wasn’t Kelly Clarkson supposed to cover LTT on her tv show today?

Comment

• Mariah Carey - “Somewhat Loved” NEW SONG VOCAL SHOWCASE! (D3-D7)

Queen Of D

Again, I love her C5s and D5s here!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                                Wasn’t Kelly Clarkson supposed to cover LTT on her tv show today?
                                                Someone mentioned that
                                                But what was the source?
                                                Did she say it?

Comment

• Some people aren't loving the song... Some others are completely thrilled. But please stream it to support! It's best to stream it in a playlist, and not on repeat. I weaved the song into this playlist on the first few spots...

Comment

Someone mentioned that
                                                    But what was the source?
                                                    Did she say it?
                                                    Just searched for it and it seems it was replaced ;(

Comment

Working...
                                                    X