Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
    You’re mine is her worst first/not a first single.

Infinity song is the close second.

Third is that atrocious song from Empire TV show was it, I don’t even remember the title.

Somewhat Loved is not her single, but it goes in the same bin. All of us will forget about it by July, if that.
    Infamous wasn't a single. It was a song for a TV show, and I really like the track. I still play it for time to time.

And why would I forget about something that I enjoy by July?

Comment

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
      By all means, enjoy the songs if you like them. I’m just pressed at how this sounds like a step back after superior lyrics and production of Caution.
      But this isn't even her project.
      It's a left-over from MOAIA session and they put it in like a compilation album.
      It lacks the quality of her studio albums? Yes.
      But I enjoy the track as what it is. It was not meant to be her comeback or a hit or the prelude to her next Era.

Comment

• Her daily streams on Spotify started to rise since last week.

Also, she's about to reach 15M Monthly Listeners (14.96M as today).

Comment

• I'm the only one that like the lyrics here?
          I mean, it's clearly not a lyrical masterpiece but they aren't as bad as some fans are suggesting.
          The verses are pretty good IMO.

Comment

• Her voice was kinda shot but her tone was amazing!

[RARE] Mariah Carey - My All - Live tokyo, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              I'm the only one that like the lyrics here?
              I mean, it's clearly not a lyrical masterpiece but they aren't as bad as some fans are suggesting.
              I think the lyrics are clunky and a bit forced. The angel metaphor was a bit cringe to me.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Ooonly liiiive to breaaak my heart agaaaainnnnnnn

Comment

• Loving how healthy, strong and well-connected her voice sounds!
                  But the track is a no no for me.
                  I hate the pre-chorus, don't care how "r&b" it sounds. Verses are just there. THE CHORUS IS FIYAH, THO!
                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Ooonly liiiive to breaaak my heart agaaaainnnnnnn

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                      Loving how healthy, strong and well-connected her voice sounds!
                      I hate the pre-chorus, don't care how "r&b" it sounds. Verses are just there. THE CHORUS IS FIYAH, THO!
                      I agree completely! The track is OK. It's just the pre-chorus. It has a weird, dated Stevie Wonder B-side vibe that I'm just not feeling.

Comment

• Have none of yall noticed that the lyric video is full of little throwback moments to her other videos?

The tyre swing over the water from Always Be my baby, her swimming in the water like the start of Dreamlover video, the hot air balloon from the end, the big wheel and the rollerblades from Fantasy, the jet ski from Honey and from her set at Vegas ( its the same pink one she had on stage) and the horses running from Butterfly.

It is so nicely put together. Love all the little references.
                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          I'm the only one that like the lyrics here?
                          The song is better than half of MOAIA

Comment

• Have none of yall noticed that the lyric video is full of little throwback moments to her other videos?

The tyre swing over the water from Always Be my baby, her swimming in the water like the start of Dreamlover video, the hot air balloon from the end, the big wheel and the rollerblades from Fantasy, the jet ski from Honey and from her set at Vegas ( its the same pink one she had on stage) and the horses running from Butterfly.

It is so nicely put together. Love all the little references.

​​​​​​​
                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Now that I have seen the lyric video, I like the song better, as I can now sing along or at least know what it going on. I literally understood only 20% of what she sang when I initially heard the song. Perhaps it was the combination of the weird mixing choices and the unusual vocab and her singing in a light voice that makes everything incomprehensible at first listen. Also, the fact that the song title "Somewhat Loved" is in the least interesting part of the song (...well, except for the bridge). Why couldn't they just name the song "Breaking My Heart", which is the catchiest part of the song???? Oh well...overall, have heard the song about 10 times now and am feeling positive towards it. It's like a nice filler track that I don't mind in the background. I would have preferred this to many songs in MOIA:

Somewhat Loved > Candy Bling, Inseparable, It's A Wrap, The Impossible, Betcha Gonna Know
                              Perhaps = with Up Out Of My Face but I think I would prefer to listen to Somewhat Loved.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post

I agree completely! The track is OK. It's just the pre-chorus. It has a weird, dated Stevie Wonder B-side vibe that I'm just not feeling.
                                The pre-chorus reminds me of one of the Chloe X Halle songs

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                  Loving how healthy, strong and well-connected her voice sounds!

Comment

• Just saw a short interview on Instagram where Jimmy Jam And Terry say Mariah sent them the track and it was just her and a piano, interesting. She must have so many more unfinished tracks than we know about.

Comment

• ^this is it

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post

THAT
                                        S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I was hearing something "from the past" from Mimi,,,,but MAINLY Stevie

WHEN the heck are we gettin' the STEVIE DUET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                        https://youtu.be/Uk8oqyjvfHo

Comment

• More (new) music

Comment

• In love with the song. So thankfull they've worked together yet again. I'mma buy and support it no matter what.

Comment

• In my ~25 years of using the internet, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a site that goes down as often as UKMix.

Comment

• Mariah replied to Lauren:

Comment

• Well ... I LOVE IT!!!

And the lyric video is the bomb!

Comment

• I think my main issue with this song is that we already have enough midtempos where she sings about being abandoned or having someone break her heart. Like she seems stuck in that lyrical mindset.
                                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X