Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The soundtrack version of ABMB runs 1:51 on Spotify. I'm listening right now but her bg vocals sound weird, like they have some effect going on.
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

    Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

    Comment


    • damn ABMB runaway version vocals sounds as bad as close my eyes rarities version. I wish I could meet mariah face to face to tell her to stop manipulating her vocals that sounds so squeaky

      Comment


      • I hope we get Daydream and Butterfly in Spatial Audio

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
          damn ABMB runaway version vocals sounds as bad as close my eyes rarities version. I wish I could meet mariah face to face to tell her to stop manipulating her vocals that sounds so squeaky
          Her head voice sounds way better in Somewhat Love and it sounded good in GTFO

          I don’t mind, her full voice sounds amazing right now

          Comment


          • Do we think SL vocals are current or from 2009?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
              Do we think SL vocals are current or from 2009?
              I think 2009 vocals. The song is wonderful! I like it!

              Btw, i am seeing insta-stories promo on Free Guy these few days. I m hoping for a nice run for Fantasy!

              Comment


              • 2021 vocals on SL for sure

                Compare first verse with Languishing

                Comment


                • A new genre for MC:

                  ABMB is #9 on the “Children’s Music” genre on iTunes US.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                    2021 vocals on SL for sure

                    Compare first verse with Languishing
                    Totally agree.. those vocals are 100% her 2021 vocals.

                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sYair View Post
                      The soundtrack version of ABMB runs 1:51 on Spotify. I'm listening right now but her bg vocals sound weird, like they have some effect going on.
                      i don’t hear it. Her voice and backing vocals sound great to me.
                      I just think she’s really whispering for effect

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                        Do we think SL vocals are current or from 2009?
                        I think the majority of the vocals are from 2012. I’m certain this song is the song she wrote with The Dream in October 2012 for MIAMTEC. It was her favourite song that she had written for the album by that time but she chose to scrap it from the album and not finish it. To me those vocals are very 2012 Mariah. There are probably some 2021 vocals too just to finish it off but the majority are 2012.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Eamon View Post

                          I think the majority of the vocals are from 2012. I’m certain this song is the song she wrote with The Dream in October 2012 for MIAMTEC. It was her favourite song that she had written for the album by that time but she chose to scrap it from the album and not finish it. To me those vocals are very 2012 Mariah. There are probably some 2021 vocals too just to finish it off but the majority are 2012.
                          Agree with this. Some of the runs at the end sound 2021 but the bulk of it sounds 2012 to me

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Eamon View Post

                            I think the majority of the vocals are from 2012. I’m certain this song is the song she wrote with The Dream in October 2012 for MIAMTEC. It was her favourite song that she had written for the album by that time but she chose to scrap it from the album and not finish it. To me those vocals are very 2012 Mariah. There are probably some 2021 vocals too just to finish it off but the majority are 2012.
                            Thank god this wasn’t included in MIAM. ANY song on that album, or to be more specific, ANY song she has released throughout her career is better than SL.

                            Comment


                            • So among her one-off tracks (non-album) from. the past 5 years, how'd you rank these 6 songs?

                              - Unforgettable Remix
                              - Infamous
                              - I Don't
                              - In The Mix
                              - Where I Belong
                              - Somewhat Loved

                              Imo SL is the strongest followed up by I Dont, Infamous, WIB >>>>><<<<<<<< big gap, ITM and finally the Forgettable one.
                              Last edited by leoapp; Fri June 11, 2021, 11:46.

                              Comment


                              • I Don’t is great. I wish it ended up on Caution

                                everything else on this list is a big NO for me. Infamous being the worst of the bunch.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by leoapp View Post
                                  So among her one-off tracks (non-album) from. the past 5 years, how'd you rank these 6 songs?

                                  - Unforgettable Remix
                                  - Infamous
                                  - I Don't
                                  - In The Mix
                                  - Where I Belong
                                  - Somewhat Loved

                                  Imo SL is the strongest followed up by I Dont, Infamous, WIB >>>>><<<<<<<< big gap, ITM and finally the Forgettable one.
                                  Somewhat Loved
                                  I Don’t
                                  Where I Belong
                                  In The Mix
                                  Unforgettable Remix
                                  Infamous

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
                                    I Don’t is great. I wish it ended up on Caution

                                    everything else on this list is a big NO for me. Infamous being the worst of the bunch.
                                    I actually put it between OMG and 8thG in my own little version of the Caution album.
                                    I also put a piano outro on GTFO (works great) and cut about 30 seconds of the With You intro.

                                    (And why am I ''not authorized to upload attachments''?)
                                    https://www.instagram.com/rakiapapi/

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

                                      Agree with this. Some of the runs at the end sound 2021 but the bulk of it sounds 2012 to me
                                      It probably was written in 2012 but the tone on the full voice and belting sounds like 2021 to me, more WBT Late Night properly mixed vocal than say 2009 More Than Just Friends climax

                                      Head voice, 2012, we can compare the first verse of Mesmerized (2012) to the first verse of SL, it’s a totally different tone to my ears, less “air” than 2012 and more similar to the first verse of With You from 2018

                                      The whistles weren’t as strong on MIAMTEC as SL and they were more airy on Memoirs, the whistle tone reminds me of WBT Late Night

                                      I don’t hear any old vocals on it

                                      The only part that makes me go “hmm” is the “YOU GO!” adlib before the last chorus is very Memoirs
                                      Last edited by allygdale; Fri June 11, 2021, 12:18.

                                      Comment


                                      • Unforgettable Remix
                                        Somewhat Loved
                                        Where I Belong
                                        Infamous
                                        I Don’t
                                        In the Mix
                                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                        Comment


                                        • I really cannot compare “Somewhat Loved” and “I Don’t” to all those other tracks simply because they are all “stand alone.” “Somewhat Loved” and “I Don’t” were written by Mariah to use herself. The other songs were for specific projects and weren’t even her own songs in two instances.

                                          “Somewhat Loved” is something that could have been on The Rarities if it wasn’t being used for this J&L project. I think it’s a great track. I see why she kept it off MIAMTEC but it fits the theme of what she was going through at the time, the breakdown of her marriage.

                                          Comment


                                          • Im surprised so many people don't like ITM. I think the track is quite nice for the tv show.
                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                            Comment


                                            • ^ It was a cute bop but her vocals were not it!!

                                              Comment


                                              • - Somewhat Loved
                                                - I Don't
                                                - Unforgettable Remix
                                                - In The Mix
                                                - Where I Belong
                                                - Infamous

                                                Comment


                                                • I think SL is from 2012 and the writing of The Art Of Letting Go. The spring references fit in with youre mine eternal and the fact that she married nick in the spring

                                                  i wonder what a finished Dream production would have sounded like on the album? It could have fit in nicely between make it look good and YM

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by tee View Post
                                                    I think SL is from 2012 and the writing of The Art Of Letting Go. The spring references fit in with youre mine eternal and the fact that she married nick in the spring

                                                    i wonder what a finished Dream production would have sounded like on the album? It could have fit in nicely between make it look good and YM
                                                    I think she maybe thought the album was too heavy with breakup tracks and that’s why she didn’t include it. I know it has a boppy feel compared to Cry, Faded, YM (E), Camouflage but she had YDKWTD to serve that purpose. Plus I feel Thirsty and Meteorite are also Nick related.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X