No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If she releases WBT new mix next Friday then I guess moaia era is gonna be postpone once again

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
      If she releases WBT new mix next Friday then I guess moaia era is gonna be postpone once again
      Damn I wanted it today!

Comment

• https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/e...rey-plane.html

Comment

• I haven’t seen so much love for a Mariah live performance in the social media era ever

The arrangement, the energy, the look, all so on point

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
            Mariah is ONLY at her 15th which to us seems high (compared to Madonna,Whtiney, Celine, Janet).....but is still relatively tame compared the grand-legends
            Albums were very different back in the day. Most albums had several cover songs and there were usually only 8-10 songs per album with one producer for the whole record. It’s a very different industry now. Back then artists would release like 2 albums a year - every single year.

Comment

• The performance is everything.. the energy

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                Albums were very different back in the day. Most albums had several cover songs and there were usually only 8-10 songs per album with one producer for the whole record. It’s a very different industry now. Back then artists would release like 2 albums a year - every single year.
                Indeed they release many singles and then compiled them in an album or they re-did recent hits or use the same songs in different albums. It was different

Comment

Yes, and sometimes when a single is successful they seem to tack it on a number of times to the next album or release multiple greatest hits or variations of.

Though Mariah did keep most of her early works to just 10-11 songs....it wasn't until the 00s they she started to introduce more.

Looking back I think Mariah has a very strong and cohesive discography which thanks to the singles success means the albums are still remembered quite well today. It's easy to pinpoint which single was on which album.

Comment

• JLO's legacy will forever be tainted by Mariah LOL.......

Comment

JLO's legacy will forever be tainted by Mariah LOL.......

I wonder if she still uses other people’s vocals when she releases music nowadays
                      I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Have you guys listened to this lamb's work.....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4VaNPfv7mi0zd2

The #Beautiful has me wishing they had released a number of different versions to that song, including a very stripped rock vibe like the one in this video. Beautiful out of most of her later works has the sound that could've easily translated to a stadium / live setting using typical big band instruments.

Comment

Chicago has a huge discography spanning 20+ studio albums and had major success in the 80s when sales were strong. They also had major singles.

Led Zeppelin was pretty big on albums but they lack the Singles success.

When looking at some of these legends of the 70s/80s they release a HUGE amount of studio albums (i.e. Barbara, Aretha, Patti all 20+ albums). Their discographies are just MASSIVE. and this is all pre-streaming.

Mariah is ONLY at her 15th which to us seems high (compared to Madonna,Whtiney, Celine, Janet).....but is still relatively tame compared the grand-legends.

Celine actually has 27 studio albums. Madonna has 14. Janet 11. Whitney released very sparingly, I think she only has 7.

Comment

• God, I just love the “distortion” in that final “together”, is that what it’s called? It reminds me of the “‘Make It Happen” bridge and the Unplugged belting, there wasn’t much of it on TEOM except for Joyride adlibs and end of STN but it just sounds so powerful

It’s that “Hey Jude” belting too

Comment

• We've heard Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix......and regardless of the sins you make tonight, this is what you should be playing tomorrow morning to cleanse your sins.

When U Left - "Deliverance Morning After Mix"

Last edited by skylynx; Sun February 14, 2021, 23:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                I haven’t seen so much love for a Mariah live performance in the social media era ever

The arrangement, the energy, the look, all so on point
                                Everyone is loving it!

So proud of her, proving that she's more than Queen of Xmas, it was a good move.

A shame that she didn't put this version on streaming services and on iTunes!

Also I wanted the 7 min jam session today

Comment

Have you guys listened to this lamb's work.....

Oh, I am obsessed with this

There is just something about a little bluesy rock and roll edge and Mariah’s voice that gives me life

I love this new WBT because it captures it so well

Comment

• There is a rumour going around twitter that Mariah and Whitney recorded another duet together called " Deliver Us" and other titles have been registered " Remembering" a 2015 track with Diane Warren and a cover from 2008 called "Paradise".

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      There is a rumour going around twitter that Mariah and Whitney recorded another duet together called " Deliver Us" and other titles have been registered " Remembering" a 2015 track with Diane Warren and a cover from 2008 called "Paradise".
                                      Diane confirmed they never completed the track they were working on together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                        Lots of celebrities commented on her performance on her Insta!

Lots of talented singers btw! JHud, Jordin Sparks, Rita Ora, Leona Lewis...

I'm quoting myself to add more artists that commented on the performance:

Chance The Rapper
                                        Anastacia
                                        Lauren Jauregui

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                          The performance is everything.. the energy
                                          Can't stop watching/listening to it

Comment

Diane confirmed they never completed the track they were working on together.
                                            Oh well, this source says it has been registered

Comment

God, I just love the “distortion” in that final “together”, is that what it’s called? It reminds me of the “‘Make It Happen” bridge and the Unplugged belting, there wasn’t much of it on TEOM except for Joyride adlibs and end of STN but it just sounds so powerful

It’s that “Hey Jude” belting too
                                              Yeah, it's called distortion.

I also love how she ended that belt on a belted melisma.

Comment

• Can't find the tweet rn, but Diane confirmed they never finished the track.

Comment

Oh, I am obsessed with this

There is just something about a little bluesy rock and roll edge and Mariah’s voice that gives me life

I love this new WBT because it captures it so well
                                                  Yeah I know right.

#Beautiful is that song, Spring/Summer.....everytime you listen to it...it transport you into a time when you're driving along a nice road, free air, open top convertable and just enjoying life.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Oh well, this source says it has been registered

Diane Warren said on Twitter it’s fake

Comment

Working...
                                                    X