No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Mariah works with Dallas Austin for her next album. The stuff he is doing with h.e.r. Is sounding incredible.

I wonder if Mariah has reached the end of her rope musically? The next album will be very telling. She said shes super inspired with what shes doing and Im hearing butterfly/TEOM references so lets see if that translates to good songs not only the lambs like but the actual general public.

Time will tell if Mariah has anything left in the tank
    Last edited by tee; Fri June 11, 2021, 14:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      Have none of yall noticed that the lyric video is full of little throwback moments to her other videos?

The tyre swing over the water from Always Be my baby, her swimming in the water like the start of Dreamlover video, the hot air balloon from the end, the big wheel and the rollerblades from Fantasy, the jet ski from Honey and from her set at Vegas ( its the same pink one she had on stage) and the horses running from Butterfly.

It is so nicely put together. Love all the little references.
      Yeah!
      I think it's very cute and nostalgic.
      I love the lil references, crypticriah come thru!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Yeah!
        I think it's very cute and nostalgic.
        I love the lil references, crypticriah come thru!
        Cryptic ? I dont consider myself a massive lamb and I saw all those references literally straight away
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
          Do we think SL vocals are current or from 2009?
          CURRENT.
          Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          Cryptic ? I dont consider myself a massive lamb and I saw all those references literally straight away
          Yeah, I don't think a casual listener would catch those references.
          Maybe you're not a "massive lamb" but you're a fan at least IMO.
          Who else would've recognized the pink jet-ski from Vegas set or the horses on Butterfly that is a deep cut and the video isn't even popular.
          Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
          Just saw a short interview on Instagram where Jimmy Jam And Terry say Mariah sent them the track and it was just her and a piano, interesting. She must have so many more unfinished tracks than we know about.
          Yeah!

I need Vanishing 2.0
          Piano + vocals always work for her

Comment

• Mariah is the only person I know who could make the word corridor sound appealing by the way she sung it!

Listening to some of her modern stuff, I think about Walter. I respect Mariah for holding a grudge and not going back to him, but I do feel that when she was working with him, they created a really professional sound that became like the Mariah brand. A lot of Mariah’s later songs have the magic spark so it’s clear Mariah is the driving force but I feel like he was just able to round it off into something that was perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoapp View Post
              So among her one-off tracks (non-album) from. the past 5 years, how'd you rank these 6 songs?
              "Somewhat Loved" is very recent and I maybe need some more time, but as today:

I Don't
              Unforgettable Remix
              Somewhat Loved
              Infamous
              Where I Belong
              In The Mix

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka

Who else would've recognized the pink jet-ski from Vegas set or the horses on Butterfly that is a deep cut and the video isn't even popular.
                Oh yeah I'm Def more than a casual listener. I mean will casual listener even watch the lyric video. I was more surprised that no one here mentioned those references!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka

Well the pink jet ski went kinda viral after that too fat to walk headline a couple years back

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                    More (new) music

That's cool.
                    I think we were talking about this track 2 days ago, LOL.

Originally posted by sYair View Post
                    The soundtrack version of ABMB runs 1:51 on Spotify. I'm listening right now but her bg vocals sound weird, like they have some effect going on.
                    It's up on YouTube as well.

I don't hear "some effect going on" in the BG.
                    Is that the new trend with Mariah?
                    Lambs love to say that.

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                    damn ABMB runaway version vocals sounds as bad as close my eyes rarities version.
                    Not even close.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                    A new genre for MC:

ABMB is #9 on the “Children’s Music” genre on iTunes US.
                    What TF is that? LOL
                    I love how she covers all the age ranges

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                    i don’t hear it. Her voice and backing vocals sound great to me.
                    I just think she’s really whispering for effect
                    Same.
                    I'm a lil tired of expressions like "effects going on", "chipmunk vocals", "whiny voice", etc, etc, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                      In my ~25 years of using the internet, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a site that goes down as often as UKMix.
                      Same

I love Lauren!
                      Quite underrated, a very distinctive voice.

Im surprised so many people don't like ITM. I think the track is quite nice for the tv show.
                      I like the track, but it lacks something.
                      I heard it only a few times.
                      Nice vocals, but her tone is a bit meh through the song for me.
                      Whistles are amazing tho!

Oh yeah I'm Def more than a casual listener. I mean will casual listener even watch the lyric video. I was more surprised that no one here mentioned those references!
                      I posted the video and no one talked about it, let alone the references!
                      Remember that the album is full of features, the fans of the other artists could listen and watch the song and video and they won't get those references, believe me LOL.

Well the pink jet ski went kinda viral after that too fat to walk headline a couple years back
                      Mess!
                      No one remembers that tho! (Thanks God).

I noticed lots of her "fiascos" (Rockefeller, NYE, those memes from the Stella Era) that used to be everywhere, now aren't on the radar anymore.
                      Even Rockefeller that was so huge. Since the song went #1, clips from that performance that were always viral between 2014/2017, aren't anymore. I see some haters posting it of course, but that's it. It's like the GP has moved on.

Comment

• Rainbow and Glitter Era -> best Eras in terms of tone (along with Butterfly & Charmie).

I think 1999-2001 was the peak of her tone.

BEST QUALITY - Mariah Carey - I'll Be There (Live 2001) ft. Trey Lorenz | A Home For The Holidays

Comment

• Yeah just you and I talking about the lyric video on here yet we have that one lamb who thinks there are 48k people who are going to stream this track between 100 and 200 times this week

Comment

• Somewhat Loved (There You Go Breakin' My Heart) [feat. Mariah Carey]

#33 US iTunes.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                              Yeah just you and I talking about the lyric video on here yet we have that one lamb who thinks there are 48k people who are going to stream this track between 100 and 200 times this week

Don't be mean!

Comment

• 1 - Unforgettable Remix
                                2 - I Don't
                                3 - Where I Belong
                                4 - Infamous
                                5 - In The Mix
                                6 - Somewhat Loved
                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• 1. In The Mix
                                  2. Somewhat Loved
                                  3. I Don’t
                                  4. Where I Belong
                                  5. Infamous
                                  6. Unforgettable Remix
                                  funny how one can learn
                                  to grow numb to the madness
                                  and block it away

Comment

• Comment

• The push to buy the song on a Friday backfired I fear. The buys seem to be divided amongst the 2 days and it probably would’ve just been better to achieve the higher iTunes number for 1 day since we know this aint charting.

BTW the vocals and production are all 2021. The lyrics are 2012.
                                      funny how one can learn
                                      to grow numb to the madness
                                      and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                        The push to buy the song on a Friday backfired I fear. The buys seem to be divided amongst the 2 days and it probably would’ve just been better to achieve the higher iTunes number for 1 day since we know this aint charting.

Yeah, I agree.
                                        The song wasn't going to chart nowhere so the buy campaign failed I feel.
                                        Anyway, iTunes is so dead that the song needs only around 90 sales to enter the Top 20.

And yeah, vocals & production are 2021 for me as well.
                                        Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                        The song is better than half of MOAIA
                                        I wouldn't say that, but it could've been a nice deep cut on that album (that I love).

Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
                                        Well ... I LOVE IT!!!

And the lyric video is the bomb!
                                        Hi Casual! <3
                                        Happy u loved it!

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                        2021 vocals on SL for sure

Compare first verse with Languishing
                                        Yeah, her voice didn't sound like that in 2009 neither in 2012.
                                        It's her current tone.

Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                                        I think the majority of the vocals are from 2012. I’m certain this song is the song she wrote with The Dream in October 2012 for MIAMTEC. It was her favourite song that she had written for the album by that time but she chose to scrap it from the album and not finish it. To me those vocals are very 2012 Mariah. There are probably some 2021 vocals too just to finish it off but the majority are 2012.
                                        I don't hear 2012.
                                        Maybe she wrote the song for MIAM but I'm sure she recoded it recently.

Comment

• All cute, but We Belong Together (Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix) OUTSOLD AND OUTSKINNIED

Comment

• Follow Mariah Access on Twitter.
                                            They're doing an AMAZING job, I admire their dedication.

We should take notes for Mariah's proper next release (and by that I mean her new album or proper single).

They made Mariah to trend yesterday and they're engaging with other fandoms to help.

It's gonna be helpful in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Don't be mean!
                                              Sorry ! I'll take the whipping

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                                The push to buy the song on a Friday backfired I fear. The buys seem to be divided amongst the 2 days and it probably would’ve just been better to achieve the higher iTunes number for 1 day since we know this aint charting.

To be honest in the scheme of thing if it gets to 25 or 35 on itunes it wont really make much difference. If her team or whoever released this were worried about that they should have just released it on a Friday.

Comment

• Honestly I don’t understand the hatred that YM(E) gets from you guys. It’s a great song and one of those Mariah’s songs that I play on a daily basis. The layering, production, backing vocals, melody and beats are so on point.

Comment

• There's a buying party going on right now for Somewhatloved. If you can, buy it now!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X