No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi y'all ' A new LAMB will be joining you today!

Comment

• From the session where they wrote “Somewhat Loved” in October 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Love it too, far better than that trash Obsessed

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        Obsessed is a great bop.
        A massive one

Prisoner is such a great song. So unique in her discography. Mariah always hates on the wrong songs... and praises those that I think... are questionable.
        Ugh, I know.
        Imagine hating on Someday

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
        But her rap is iconique!
        I agree

I think she hates the whole 80s sound of her debut album... which is why she is shading it every chance she gets. I think that rap-part is what transforms the song from a great song to a career highlight. It's so goofy and yet so addictive.
        Exactly.
        She should embrace those songs and the whole album, I mean, her next Diamond dahling.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

an urban banger with a beat that you can feel in your stomach... i need that from her... ILT style. <3
          Ugh yes, ILT is such a classy bop.
          Eudaimonia
          Last.fm
          Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
            Somewhat Loved has grown on me. Now I’m obsessed
            I'm obsessed with the 2nd verse especially <3

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
            Nice that she mentioned it!

an urban banger with a beat that you can feel in your stomach... i need that from her... ILT style. <3
            I'd love ILT 2.0 tbh.

Originally posted by Eamon View Post
            https://www-rap--up-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.rap-up.com/app/uploads/2012/10/mariah-the-dream.jpg

From the session where they wrote “Somewhat Loved” in October 2012.
            Thanx for sharing.
            So this was during the American Idol Auditions.

Comment

• Talking about '12, her live vocals on that year were amazing.

Nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rideronts425 View Post
                Hi y'all ' A new LAMB will be joining you today!
                Welcome aboard lamb!
                Have fun!

It's a shame that she stopped MC30 and or didn't give us that masterpiece of a song that is Imperfect. I love it.
                Imperfect is corny af.
                Lyrics are so cliché.
                The brige I mean, "I may not walk like a super model..." just nope.
                Love the beat and the vocals tho, especially the end, her belts sounded great.

Regarding MC30, we should be grateful for all the things she gave to us. She didn't have to.
                Plus only two Eras left, and probably she had nothing from Caution.

The only thing I would've loved to have is the #B Dance Remix.

She can keep Imperfect, Skydiving, TGMH, and more unreleased tracks for The Rarities 2.0, I'm sure there's lot more in her vault.

Comment

• Migrate still slaps tho
                  I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• She also hates You're So Cold, her best intro ever....

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                      Migrate still slaps tho
                      Yasss.
                      Migrate is my favorite urban track and ranks among my fave Mariah's songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoapp View Post
                        She also hates You're So Cold, her best intro ever....
                        Well, she even tried with AIW, so we shouldn't pay attention to her (lack of) taste

---

Btw, yesterday both "The One" & "Through The Rain" trended in the US.

She's had so many trending moments this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Thanx for sharing.
                          So this was during the American Idol Auditions.
                          Ya most of the album was written from May of 2012 to March of 2013. By December of 2012, she had YM(E), Thirsty, Dedicated, Somewhat Loved, YDKWTD, MILG, Meteorite, Cry and Camouflage. She recorded #Beautiful, Faded, TAOLG and Supernatural between January and March. But she didn’t have all of those tracks fully finished which is why there were so many pushbacks. The label and her management wanted the album out during Idol but she simply was not ready.

Then she decided to give it another go with Nick, pushed the album back, she injured herself and added Money, One More Try and Heavenly.
                          Last edited by Eamon; Sat June 12, 2021, 13:04.

Comment

• Mariah’s hatred for a selection of her early songs is borderline annoying haha.. it’s some of her absolute best work, vocally and musically. How she can hate anything from her first 4 albums stuns me.
                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                                Ya most of the album was written from May of 2012 to March of 2013. By December of 2012, she had YM(E), Thirsty, Dedicated, Somewhat Loved, YDKWTD, MILG, Meteorite, Cry and Camouflage. She recorded #Beautiful, Faded, TAOLG and Supernatural between January and March. But she didn’t have all of those tracks fully finished which is why there were so many pushbacks. The label and her management wanted the album out during Idol but she simply was not ready.

Then she decided to give it another go with Nick, pushed the album back, she injured herself and added Money, One More Try and Heavenly.
                                What a mess!

I wish she would've released an EP instead, right after #B peak.

Comment

• Best debut album of all times, wbk.

Comment

Welcome aboard lamb!
                                    Have fun!

Imperfect is corny af.
                                    Lyrics are so cliché.
                                    The brige I mean, "I may not walk like a super model..." just nope.
                                    Love the beat and the vocals tho, especially the end, her belts sounded great.

Regarding MC30, we should be grateful for all the things she gave to us. She didn't have to.
                                    Plus only two Eras left, and probably she had nothing from Caution.

The only thing I would've loved to have is the #B Dance Remix.

She can keep Imperfect, Skydiving, TGMH, and more unreleased tracks for The Rarities 2.0, I'm sure there's lot more in her vault.
                                    There's nothing corny about that... It addresses the constant impossible standards women were held to back then in that stick then supermodel age and was very on point for 2009.
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                      Mariah’s hatred for a selection of her early songs is borderline annoying haha.. it’s some of her absolute best work, vocally and musically. How she can hate anything from her first 4 albums stuns me.
                                      Instead of TMOMC part 2, I want a book regarding her discography. By telling the stories of how her songs were created esp. The lesser known deep cuts, we might understand why she hates some it.
                                      A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

Exactly.
                                        She should embrace those songs and the whole album, I mean, her next Diamond dahling.

Mariah Carey will be her 4th in the near future. Merry Christmas is more likely to be her next Diamond.
                                        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                          Mariah Carey will be her 4th in the near future. Merry Christmas is more likely to be her next Diamond.
                                          Can't wait for that moment!
                                          Four Diamond albums would be so epic!

Funny that no one has 4. Some have 3 (Eagles, Shania, Nippy) and then Led Zeppelin have 5. The Beatles have 6 and Garth Brooks 7.

Comment

• Comment

• I love Meteorite (OG version).

But I also like the Q-Tip Alt Mix.

Sounds unfinished but her voice is more front & center here and I like that.

Comment

• Fun mashup of Foreigner's and Mariah's IWTKWLI

Comment

• Comment

I love Meteorite (OG version).

But I also like the Q-Tip Alt Mix.

Sounds unfinished but her voice is more front & center here and I like that.
                                                    Oooh I like that version.

Kinda sounds unfinished, but I prefer this production I think. It's more sparse, and gives it a 90s vibe for me.
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X