No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought my first Mariah shirt! It has one of the butterfly album pics on the front, can’t wait to wear it.
    Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
      Oooh I like that version.

Kinda sounds unfinished, but I prefer this production I think. It's more sparse, and gives it a 90s vibe for me.
      Yeah, I know what u mean.
      I always felt like this alt version is the OG and the OG is the dance remix LOL.

I still prefer the album version tho, but it's nice to have both!

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
        I bought my first Mariah shirt! It has one of the butterfly album pics on the front, can’t wait to wear it.
        Flaunt it, gurl!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post

Ya most of the album was written from May of 2012 to March of 2013. By December of 2012, she had YM(E), Thirsty, Dedicated, Somewhat Loved, YDKWTD, MILG, Meteorite, Cry and Camouflage. She recorded #Beautiful, Faded, TAOLG and Supernatural between January and March. But she didn’t have all of those tracks fully finished which is why there were so many pushbacks. The label and her management wanted the album out during Idol but she simply was not ready.

Then she decided to give it another go with Nick, pushed the album back, she injured herself and added Money, One More Try and Heavenly.
          July of 2013 would have been great (of course if it had been ready during Idol it would have been the best).

The Art Of Letting Go aka TEOM III

1. You Dont Know What To Do
          2. Faded
          3. Dedicated (ft. Nas)
          4. #Beautiful (ft. Miguel)
          5. Youre Mine
          6. Make It Look Good
          7. Somewhat Loved
          8. Thirsty
          9. Cry
          10. Mesmerized
          11. Camouflage
          12. Supernatural
          13. Meteorite
          14. The Art Of Letting Go

Comment

• Another filming moment from MC coming. She's in Busta's documentary celebrating IKWYW anniversary

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              Another filming moment from MC coming. She's in Busta's documentary celebrating IKWYW anniversary

Love the braids

Comment

• Somewhat Loved impacts R&B radio next week.

Comment

Somewhat Loved impacts R&B radio next week.
                  I hope it do as well as the babyface Single on the radio. It’s already jam and Lewis highest song on iTunes

Comment

• Gosh, 31 years of her debut album. Those memories. I still love the album. I love the deep cuts, especially Sent From Up Above... such a gem.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I hope it do as well as the babyface Single on the radio. It’s already jam and Lewis highest song on iTunes
                      WIB peaked with 2,5 million audience impressions... and two top 40 entries... Rhythmic and Urban. I hope that one of her songs, pregerably this one, can finally crack 10 million impressions again. <3
                      My Chart

Comment

• I hope it does well. The chorus is so infectious

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                          I hope it does well. The chorus is so infectious
                          I must admit I was humming it all morning!

Comment

• Can't believe I'm saying this given all the years I hated on Glitter.... But I've decided If We is one of the best things Mariah has ever done in her 31 year career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                              Can't believe I'm saying this given all the years I hated on Glitter.... But I've decided If We is one of the best things Mariah has ever done in her 31 year career.
                              did you mean Loverboy remix? because then I can agree.. I like If We as well... but it ain't the best song on Glitter.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                Can't believe I'm saying this given all the years I hated on Glitter.... But I've decided If We is one of the best things Mariah has ever done in her 31 year career.
                                It was #1 for 5 weeks on the Hot 100 and ended up at #30 on the decade-end list.

Oh wait...

Comment

Another filming moment from MC coming. She's in Busta's documentary celebrating IKWYW anniversary
                                  Cool!

Seems like she filmed it on this same day:

She looked so good with her hair like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                    It was #1 for 5 weeks on the Hot 100 and ended up at #30 on the decade-end list.

Oh wait...
                                    Apparently, I'm so forgetful. Goldmoney who is able to sing at your wedding?
                                    My Chart

Comment

Great!
                                      Hope it does somewhat well.

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                      I hope it does well. The chorus is so infectious
                                      I like the verses better, but the chorus is infectious indeed.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      I must admit I was humming it all morning!
                                      Haha, it really gets stuck in your head!
                                      A grower

Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                      Glitter is really one of her best studio efforts.
                                      Perfect balance between balladas and bops, and #quality for days.

If We is an amazing track indeed. The vibe!
                                      Ja Rule & Nate really added to the song.
                                      Also #TONE.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      did you mean Loverboy remix? because then I can agree.. I like If We as well... but it ain't the best song on Glitter.
                                      Should've been #1, we all know that.

Comment

• Didn't mean to turn you on is such a great cover. I'm still not sure how and why the entire human race, including music professionals were not able to separate the soundtrack from the movie and critique it according to its quality.

I mean they listened to Glitter and determined it to be bad music. Vocally - at the very least - the Glitter album is probably the best album release of 2001. Musically / producion-wise... it deserved a 80/100 score.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                          Apparently, I'm so forgetful. Goldmoney who is able to sing at your wedding?

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                          Gosh, 31 years of her debut album. Those memories. I still love the album. I love the deep cuts, especially Sent From Up Above... such a gem.
                                          OMG yasss one of my favorite deep cuts from her catalog.
                                          Most people will say it sounds outdated, but I just love it.
                                          Her vocals on the track are incredible btw (of course). Her voice had so much depth and she was only 19 when she recorded it. AMAZING.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            Didn't mean to turn you on is such a great cover. I'm still not sure how and why the entire human race, including music professionals were not able to separate the soundtrack from the movie and critique it according to its quality.

I mean they listened to Glitter and determined it to be bad music. Vocally - at the very least - the Glitter album is probably the best album release of 2001. Musically / producion-wise... it deserved a 80/100 score.
                                            I agree.
                                            This album is a masterpiece IMO.
                                            Epic ballads, amazing bops, great covers.
                                            Vocally, just incredible. Impeccable should I say.
                                            Production is ace too.

The way they treated this album is one of the biggest travesties in music history.

Comment

• Who's here for another Mimi ballad in Spanish?

Comment

• When you’re annoyed with your partner of 13 years and he starts playing ILT live! To get you back in the room.
                                                http://marcokircher.com
                                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                                IG: marco235

Comment

• ---

She's so cute <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Great!
                                                    Hope it does somewhat well.
                                                    You didn't!

Somewhat well? lol
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X