Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Walk me Home was number one on airplay, I don't know about anything since cos I don't really follow her.
    That's great to know!
    I don't follow the UK Charts tbh, nor any other platform on there (unless is Mariah).
    She's an amazing artist, I grew up listening to her (check her song "Eventually" ).
    Loved her even more when she supported Mariah after the NYE fiasco. That's what artists should do, especially when they're females.

Comment

• Comment

• I’m really enjoying Somewhat Loved.

I feel like it has more of a Mariah vibe than any of her other standalone singles. I feel like this is one I’ll be able to revisit, where most of the others I’ve stopped listening to after a few days.

she’s also playing with interesting, melismatic vocal melodies again, particularly toward the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
          I’m really enjoying Somewhat Loved.

I feel like it has more of a Mariah vibe than any of her other standalone singles. I feel like this is one I’ll be able to revisit, where most of the others I’ve stopped listening to after a few days.

she’s also playing with interesting, melismatic vocal melodies again, particularly toward the end.
          Yes I live for the melodies, especially in dem verses and adlibs, I love the one that’s like “you’re making go through things THAT I NEVER WENT THROUGH BEFORE” and how the melody bounces around on the capitalized words

Comment

• Yaaay, show some love for "Somewhat Loved" bishes!

I went from "WTF is this mess that sounds quite good" to loving it now.

Comment

• NEW SOURCE - Emotions (Live In Worcester, 1993) Mariah Carey

Whistles sound way clearer here.
              Nailed it.

Comment

• Shaka you are such a consumate poster, plus a prolific source of content! A real Tour de Source!!
                I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                  Shaka you are such a consumate poster, plus a prolific source of content! A real Tour de Source!!
                  We all love Shaka!

Comment

• Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
                    We all love Shaka!
                    Amen!

Comment

• I knew it would grow on y’all

Comment

• Somewhat Loved is the #1 Most Added song on Urban AC Radio - 14 adds so far today!

Amazing start for the song!
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          Somewhat Loved is the #1 Most Added song on Urban AC Radio - 14 adds so far today!

This is good news right?

how does this compare to something like With You?

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                            Shaka you are such a consumate poster, plus a prolific source of content! A real Tour de Source!!
                            Awww, thank you Milano David_Mimi & WaitYourTurn

Love you back, guys <3

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

This is good news right?

how does this compare to something like With You?
                              With You was also the #1 Most Added at the time...it had 29 adds.

Comment

With You was also the #1 Most Added at the time...it had 29 adds.
                                Thank you!

Comment

Somewhat Loved is the #1 Most Added song on Urban AC Radio - 14 adds so far today!

Great!
                                  It really has the potential to do good on this format!

P.S. guys use Shazam, it also helps the song to grow on radio.

Comment

• With You got some more promo tho. And it was a Mariah single from a new album.

This is a good start for a song like Somewhat Loved actually!

Comment

• I really want Mariah to get to that level on AC and UAC formats where her songs are automatically headed to top 5 or #1.

Toni Braxton releases almost always do well on those formats, for example.

I think those formats are just waiting for MC to give them attention - she already has the record for the artist with the most top 10 hits on the AC format! She just gotta start working those formats!!

Comment

• ↑ I agree!

Comment

• Can we talk a moment about how flawless this performance was?

Perfection from start to finish.

Comment

• The way the chorus of Somewhat Loved BOUNCES

funny how one can learn
                                            to grow numb to the madness
                                            and block it away

Comment

• The song has grown on me exponentially!

I’m hoping this is how a new album sounds vocally. I remember someone saying the “angel wings” lyric was corny and while I agree, the way it’s sung sounds incredible.
                                              funny how one can learn
                                              to grow numb to the madness
                                              and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                                The way the chorus of Somewhat Loved BOUNCES
                                                Yasss.

Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                                I’m hoping this is how a new album sounds vocally. I remember someone saying the “angel wings” lyric was corny and while I agree, the way it’s sung sounds incredible.
                                                LOL, that was bm08 'cause I said I liked the lyrics (overall) and he said like that specific part was corny and a bit forced if I remember correctly.

Actually the 2nd verse is my favorite part of the song (I've already said it so many times LOL) 'cause the way she sang it, simply gorgeous.

Comment

• Mariah is a vocal prodigy and one of the best singers of all time because even though she’s had nodules and her songs are some of the most difficult in the world to sing she was still able to sing through that and sound amazing. A lot of people don’t give her enough credit. She’s had to sing through nodules all her life at the highest extent of her voice with little rest. Releasing album after album with remixes, and tours and performances. However she’s only human and even the strongest instruments will fade with time and use. she’s a living legend and she still continues to find new ways to use her god given voice which enraptures us all.

Comment

• Emotions from the Music Box tour has leaked

Comment

Working...
                                                    X