Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EAI View Post
    I don’t know who needs to hear this but Somewhat Loved is all 2021 vocals. Same way Save the Day was re-recorded.
    STD wasn’t re-recorded. She never actually recorded the song, she wrote it back then but never recorded it

Comment

• THANK YOU for saying this !!! Say it Louder for the people in the back lol

Originally posted by EAI View Post
      I don’t know who needs to hear this but Somewhat Loved is all 2021 vocals. Same way Save the Day was re-recorded.

Comment

• Originally posted by EAI View Post
        I don’t know who needs to hear this but Somewhat Loved is all 2021 vocals.
        Of course SL is all 2021. It's very clear for me.

Hi Eli!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
          I swear she reads us.

The video is iconic, LMAO. It's going viral-ish.
          Love the whole thing, hilarious, and she looks fab!

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
          Migrate? It’s OBSESSED lol
          The high notes at the end are like Migrate's opening notes.

Originally posted by HiNote View Post
          yasss Mimi !! I’m LIVING for the Migrate High Note at the end. #JusticeForMIGRATE !!! Come on Lambs lol , How can some of y’all not catch the migrate mash up lol
          Obsessed X Migrate mashup would be a big WIN for me. I would die actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Of course SL is all 2021. It's very clear for me.

Hi Eli!
            Hey Shaka!!
            F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

STD wasn’t re-recorded. She never actually recorded the song, she wrote it back then but never recorded it
              There is a demo version from 2011 that she recorded.
              F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• I can't believe this b!tch did dat

The level of production, I'm shook! Her actual MVs could never!

Comment

• Mariah's voice changes so much that no one can really say with certainty when she recorded the vocals. Her voice sounds different on almost every song on MIAMTEC.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      Mariah's voice changes so much that no one can really say with certainty when she recorded the vocals. Her voice sounds different on almost every song on MIAMTEC.
                      I just wondered about this kind of thing - Is possible that she used her old tracks with old vocals and just re-record part of them? Im not shady or drag her, but is it technically possible?
                      Last edited by ilearnedfromthebest; Thu June 17, 2021, 05:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post

I just wondered about this. Is possible that she used her old tracks with old vocals and just re-record part of them? Im not shady or drag her, but is it technically possible?
                        I dont know really but I remember hearing her speak about recording things when she is in good voice or recording parts of songs at different times cos maybe her chest voice was good at one point where her whistle might be stronger at another time. So I dont think any one can say with any certainty when she did something, just cos of what it sounds like to them. It is just an opinion. I dont know.

Comment

• After seeing Mariah's Wipe It Down tik tok, she sang Migrate whistle intro with "live" vocal.
                          I guess it's not too late to re-release Migrate with updated sound, maybe, and off course some new vocals.

Comment

• Mariah's Wipe It Down/Obsessed video is so hilarious. Haha!

I just noticed that the rapper doesn't look like Eminem anymore, but Tanaka. Maybe it's the clothes. Lol.

Comment

• She’s hilarious ! If only her current music videos are as witty as her tiktoks .
                              Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• Can’t cope with her that tik tok is too much.
                                love how she randomly brings back her alter-egos from time to time. She’s very good at the drag act, the posture and everything. She’d make a good stud

Comment

• She even put some chest hair on
                                  https://www.instagram.com/rakiapapi/

Comment

• Originally posted by automaticprincess View Post
                                    She’s hilarious ! If only her current music videos are as witty as her tiktoks .
                                    That had the most costume changes than her recent videos tbh lol.

Comment

• I love this woman. I really think she should be in some independent comedy film.

Comment

• I remember hating the pre-chorus at first but now

“(Fell) Helplessly into bliss
                                        Just like Fall things started to switch
                                        And now Spring's everything that I miss”

Is one of my favourite parts lyrically so gorgeous!

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post
                                          Hi!!!
                                          If you like Drag, go check @aurelioxsanchez on TikTok. His impersonation of Mariah is amazing!! I’m gagged
                                          Oh that's brilliant!

He's got the eyes!

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Oh, I thought Daydream was bigger due the Tour being so massive.
                                            The tickets sold-out so fast and all that story.

Never imagined that Merry Xmas was bigger than DD tbh.

Yeah - Merry Christmas was (still is) one of the biggest selling albums by a foreign artist in Japan, and was her biggest seller until #1s.

It was huge there!
                                            AIWFCIY itself sold over a million copies there.
                                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Somewhat Loved makes a debut on Urban AC Mediabase at #42, 82 spins and 0.289AI.

#1 Taking Off on the format.

Radio lasts until Sunday for the charts, so let's see if it can sneak into the top 40 this week for Billboard.
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Mariah's voice changes so much that no one can really say with certainty when she recorded the vocals. Her voice sounds different on almost every song on MIAMTEC.
                                                I agree it changes from Era to Era, but you can tell which are the songs she recorded first in '12/early '13 and the songs that she recorded latter (that sound the worst, for example Heavenly, OMT, Money).

Comment

I agree it changes from Era to Era, but you can tell which are the songs she recorded first in '12/early '13 and the songs that she recorded latter (that sound the worst, for example Heavenly, OMT, Money).
                                                  Sometimes it changes from night to night Well i mean Eamon who is a huge lamb and knows Mariah's voice very well says that he hears 2012 in this new song. You insist it is all 2021. My point is that no one can say definitively when she recorded things and I stand by that statement

Comment

I dont know really but I remember hearing her speak about recording things when she is in good voice or recording parts of songs at different times cos maybe her chest voice was good at one point where her whistle might be stronger at another time. So I dont think any one can say with any certainty when she did something, just cos of what it sounds like to them. It is just an opinion. I dont know.
                                                    I think she said that in the context when she's doing an album she makes sure she record different parts when she's in good voice, which is logical. We know she always tends to record at night, but for example the lower register is generally stronger in the morning or when you just got up, your voice sits lower so it could be easier for her to access to some notes at the time, while her upper chest would be like non-existent, and would be very well warmed up at evening/night. BUT she has nodules, so it actually depends, it's not a consistent thing, especially in her case. Plus she does several takes to get the best one. In Honey she did like hundred.

I mean, this is the right way to record an album or a song IMO if you want something close to "perfection".

I can tell by her TONE when she recorded something tho (not like 100% sure, but it gives me an idea of the year at least).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X