We love Jazmine. An actual vocalist.

Comment

This performance

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        We love Jazmine. An actual vocalist.
        Love her so much!

Comment

Lol at this already having 55 comments. Easy to see why she keeps getting new threads when Lambs waffle on about nonsense non stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            homenaway... manuaway... gunman6... do you miss them? lol
            Oh God the drama, the melt downs, the locked threads

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              homenaway... manuaway... gunman6... do you miss them? lol

Comment

Originally posted by barney1814 View Post
                Lol at this already having 55 comments. Easy to see why she keeps getting new threads when Lambs waffle on about nonsense non stop.
                Hiiiii

Comment

Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

A NIGTHMARE

Comment

"Her wins were not televised"

Comment

First post in the new (third) Mariah thread!

Comment

350k+ likes already. 2 very strong 150k+ posts already.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                          As much I want to see Mariah doing Super Bowl half time, I’m glad that she declined it.

Was she ever invited to do it?

Comment

I've heard she was invited in 2006.
                            If true, she would have killed it that year.

Comment

Remix >

Comment

OMG it's so nice to finally be able to post again, the old thread it kept crashing every time I tried to get into it! I still need to share my thoughts on the Charmy MC30 EPs

I'm a bit surprised by some of the drama about her EPs and odd things missing. Given some of her biggest hits haven't had EPs, are we really that fussed she skipped Bye Bye which single-handedly killed off the buzz around her comeback??

- I know the Einstein EPs were a bit underwhelming, but for me that follows the album which is among my least favourites. I think it seriously lacked any strong ballads, except FTR which is more of a mid-tempo than a ballad to me anyway. I liked I Wish You Well at first because of the piano and key change, but I find her reeling off Bible verses a bit clunky and cringe (less so after reading about her Bible study in TMOM).

- Cool On You could have replaced OOC, but it wouldn't have been a highlight like it is on The Rarities because it stands out more.

- Migrate would have been huge if it was the second single, because it felt so of the moment and HOT; "the T-Pain song" was the most anticipated thing off Einstein because he was one of the biggest popstars of 2008 and all the previews raved about it. I do agree it hasn't aged well and might sound a bit naff within her catalogue of hits in the long term, so I get why LA Reid didn't want it. I guess it's a trade off; I'd side with it should have been released after TMB.
                                Last edited by firefly_86; Mon February 8, 2021, 16:55.

Comment

ISB original all the way.
                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                    I've heard she was invited in 2006.
                                    If true, she would have killed it that year.
                                    If there ever was a year it should've been 2006, she could've elongate that era out further....she dominated all artists in 2005 even more so that The Weeknd did now. Not just with 1 song but with a whole freekin album that ended up being the #1 album of 2005 surpassing 50 Cent.

Mariah's best bet now is if she has a feature. She won't get solo headline and full creative control........and i don't see her in a Shakira/JLO duo pairing.

Comment

Happy for this thread. Btw, am still jamming to ISIL's remix by Jody de Broeder.

Comment

Click here to participate. Let's find out what truly is Mariah's best song...
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

It’d be cool if she released Angels Advocate this Friday for MC30 or a shorter version EP with a couple of its tracks. I don’t see why not considering that most/all of the collab remixes had leaked online back then.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Was she ever invited to do it?
                                            I didn't know she declined it.

Comment

Mariah's Superbowl Performance

If you were to curate a Mariah Superbowl performance, what would you incorporate? How would you do it?

Cause it's Mariah and she can't do choreography the show's stage is very important, the show needs to be backed by some truly incredible staging, theming, projection and lighting.

0) Honey = this needs to be incorporated in some way at the beginning (i.e. Mariah pulled on along on a helicopter ladder or making some sexy entrance...it doesn't even have to be her diving.....MJ did it with his doubles)

1) It's Like That = I Came to Have a Party....enough said, this needs to be the first big opening song.

2) Heartbreaker = they can do so much with this song (recreate the cinema, choreography)

3) We Belong Together = Can't leave off this song, needs to have a momment with wonderful visuals

4) Always Be My Baby = This song is truly a GP pleaser so it must be incorporated. Perhaps a campfire scene.

5) Fantasy = This is an opportunity to bring out some rappers or big guest apperance

6) I Know What You Want = this needs to be incorporated for the pure energy alone and it will surely get the crowd bopping

7) Emotions = Vocal showcase

8) Hero to close backed by a massive choir, beautiful visuals and ordinary folk and kids singing-along

Comment

Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                                                It’d be cool if she released Angels Advocate this Friday for MC30 or a shorter version EP with a couple of its tracks. I don’t see why not considering that most/all of the collab remixes had leaked online back then.
                                                Yes, the label definitely has all dem Angels remixes still

I want Skydiving but Shaka made it seem like he knows it ain’t coming

I will riot if we don’t get HATEU So So Def

Comment

Skydiving is definitely not coming and as much as Id love to finally have Angels Advocate in full (or as full as it does exist), I dont think we'll get anything beyond the Obsessed/IWKWLI/HATEU mixes.

Side Effects (Remix) existing and not being shared was a confirmation of that. We're just getting what's already been released single wise.

Comment

I don't post much around here these days but I love this place.If I never get another opportunity to say this again just know I love you Wayne Shaka SmartIsNewSexy bm08 SawyerHewitt Goldmoney TheRealest stevyy and all of you that we interacted from time to time.You guys are simply amazing

Comment

Working...
                                                    X