No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch My Body is a great tongue and cheek bop. I think I'd love a breezy song like that from her this summer.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Which Mariah song has the best instrumental do you guys reckon? I’m not talking about the melody or backing vocals. Just focusing on the instrumental alone, which is the best?

Personally speaking I would say Heartbreaker is defo the best. I can’t find any other of her songs has beats as catchy as Heartbreaker. Another one that came to my mind is YM(E). The beats and bass just hit so hard, like really addictive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Mariah, Maroon 5, Madonna
        They all use the M lol
        Anyone else?
        But maroon 5’s M is totally different lol. The one Madonna used is identical to Mariah’s, she just changed the colors

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
          Which Mariah song has the best instrumental do you guys reckon? I’m not talking about the melody or backing vocals. Just focusing on the instrumental alone, which is the best?

Personally speaking I would say Heartbreaker is defo the best. I can’t find any other of her songs has beats as catchy as Heartbreaker. Another one that came to my mind is YM(E). The beats and bass just hit so hard, like really addictive.
          Good question! Def agree about YM(E), love the song and the production even though it is nothing out of the ordinary, I do find it catchy too. She has a lot of good ones, although nothing really experimental productionwise… My ultimate pick would be obsessed. I remember following the radio premiere, and I was completely caught off guard by how hard this instrumental goes. Super catchy too. One of my fav first singles, and I think the instrumental (together with the lyrical context) plays a big role in obsessed over time growing out to be one of her most remembered first singles (because it manages to build a bridge to younger generations).
          Eudaimonia
          Last.fm
          Instagram

Comment

• TMB is BOPPAGE at its best.
            ​best.
            Y'all see the light someday.
            It's so damn addictive.
            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Which Mariah song has the best instrumental do you guys reckon? I’m not talking about the melody or backing vocals. Just focusing on the instrumental alone, which is the best?
              The Roof has to be one of her best instrumentals for me.

The way it builds up... the keyboard, the percussion with the drums and that tinkling sound, give it the feel of a storm building - both literally and figuratively - and rain falling, the sound of passion building . It sounds quite dramatic, and it's got quite a mature dark sound to it.

I also sound dramatic, but there you go.
              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                TMB is BOPPAGE at its best.
                ​best.
                It's so damn addictive.
                Tell em
                Eudaimonia
                Last.fm
                Instagram

Comment

• Meltdowns over non-existant meltdowns

Gotta love this place!!
                  I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• in honour of daydream I present you my rendition of long ago…
                    I am JEREMIMI : World renowned vocalist. Check out my YouTube Channel for over 250+ Mariah renditions, singing tutorials, & more!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

The Roof has to be one of her best instrumentals for me.

The way it builds up... the keyboard, the percussion with the drums and that tinkling sound, give it the feel of a storm building - both literally and figuratively - and rain falling, the sound of passion building . It sounds quite dramatic, and it's got quite a mature dark sound to it.

I also sound dramatic, but there you go.
                      Oh yessssss I’m not a big fan of the melody of the roof but the instrumental is lush!

Another one that I would pick is With You. I don’t know how to explain it properly but that piano chord sounds so nostalgic. It almost sounds like it’s an instrumental of a song from Music Box
                      or Daydream lol. I don’t mean it sounds outdated but the arrangement of the instrumental, especially the pianos in the background, give it that instant classic feeling yet nostalgic at the same time.

On a side note, I wish they would have included more or Mariah touching herself on the floor in the music video (I know a lot you would hate it but I always love camp-riah hahahaha ).

Comment

• Only once in a decade (well, now it's every 5 years, but 5 years in the life of mariah is a century for any other diva!) we get the chance to take part in UKMIX MARIAH ARTIST SURVIVOR, and you are here so you get the possibility to take part!!!!

Let's play, celebrate her legacy, and also suffer a little as your faves fall out of competition until we crown her Top song!!!!

There are 180 songs taking place, and Round 1 was just posted!

Come celebrate #MC31
                        CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          Touch My Body is a great tongue and cheek bop. I think I'd love a breezy song like that from her this summer.
                          Definitely.
                          Plus it's quite unique in Mariah's catalag.

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                          TMB is BOPPAGE at its best.
                          ​best.
                          It's so damn addictive.
                          Say it louder for the people in the back.

Originally posted by Milano View Post
                          Meltdowns over non-existant meltdowns

Gotta love this place!!
                          We love this place indeed

Comment

Which Mariah song has the best instrumental do you guys reckon?
                            There's so many!

At the top of my head, some of my faves would be The Roof, Petals, With You...
                            I agree that YM(E) instrumental is also gorgeous.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

But maroon 5’s M is totally different lol. The one Madonna used is identical to Mariah’s, she just changed the colors
                              Do you honestly think Mariah was the first person in history to put the letter M into a neon sign. Hint - she wasnt the first to use Caution tape either. Honestly it's on par with the people who were claiming she was the first person to use an image of a vault LOL

" And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• An anthem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                  Only once in a decade (well, now it's every 5 years, but 5 years in the life of mariah is a century for any other diva!) we get the chance to take part in UKMIX MARIAH ARTIST SURVIVOR, and you are here so you get the possibility to take part!!!!
                                  C'mon lambs, take part of this and VOTE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

C'mon lambs, take part of this and VOTE!!!
                                    And for the love of good taste PLEASE vote for... you know... actually good songs.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                      And for the love of good taste PLEASE vote for... you know... actually good songs.

Only a troll would vote for TTF or OMT

Comment

• bm08 Regarding the December 2019 jabs - they didn't land because no one cared at that point, and calling her that only made him look like the trash that he's always been. She outed her own mental health issues a year-and-a-half prior to that, and mostly got sympathy and an image reset. It really was the Obsessed situation all over again - she was soaring up the charts, he released a diss that wouldn't be aired anywhere that mattered (sorry Fat Joe) - but this time, no one really cared about what was said about Mariah. Those who think she's crazy will always think that, so calling her a "nutjob" is at best saying what some people are thinking, and at worst, it was tired juvenile bullying of someone for a health issue they couldn't control. The zeitgiest has changed a lot.

Stella really did her a favor in threatening to expose her mental health struggles, because Mariah is now free to fully be who she is, and no one can use it against her.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Do you honestly think Mariah was the first person in history to put the letter M into a neon sign. Hint - she wasnt the first to use Caution tape either. Honestly it's on par with the people who were claiming she was the first person to use an image of a vault LOL

LMAO you're funny! I never said mariah was the first to use a neon letter. I just said madonna used one similar to Mariah's, why are you so mad about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                              bm08 Regarding the December 2019 jabs - they didn't land because no one cared at that point, and calling her that only made him look like the trash that he's always been. She outed her own mental health issues a year-and-a-half prior to that, and mostly got sympathy and an image reset. It really was the Obsessed situation all over again - she was soaring up the charts, he released a diss that wouldn't be aired anywhere that mattered (sorry Fat Joe) - but this time, no one really cared about what was said about Mariah. Those who think she's crazy will always think that, so calling her a "nutjob" is at best saying what some people are thinking, and at worst, it was tired juvenile bullying of someone for a health issue they couldn't control. The zeitgiest has changed a lot.

Stella really did her a favor in threatening to expose her mental health struggles, because Mariah is now free to fully be who she is, and no one can use it against her.
                                              Oh I definitely agree.

I dont think the jabs landed, but I think music writers either aren't aware that he took these shots are deliberately choosing to ignore it in their timelines.
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                                Yeah, I agree.

Comment

• It’s amazing to hear WBT with Dolby atmos. The final belting sounds incredible, we can even hear clearly the fade out upfront

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

LMAO you're funny! I never said mariah was the first to use a neon letter. I just said madonna used one similar to Mariah's, why are you so mad about it?
                                                    No ones mad sweetie
                                                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Working...
                                                    X