No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OHOMO it’s one of her best cover songs. I can’t believe she kept it for so many years

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
      OHOMO it’s one of her best cover songs. I can’t believe she kept it for so many years
      I agree. Her vocal performance is mind blowing. I love the strings in the background too.
      Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

I agree. Her vocal performance is mind blowing. I love the strings in the background too.
        I love her voice in this song, and her delivery gives me chills to my bones. It’s my fave song off rarities. I’m so grateful for this album and we get to hear songs we probably would never see the light of the day

Comment

• I'm really glad she kept that song for so many years (talking about OHOMO).

It feels very special to have it now, coinciding with the book, all makes sense. It was the perfect time to discover it.

And I've already said it, but she sounded the prettiest EVER on that track <3

Comment

• This is a bit of a random thought but sometimes when I hear the Rarities I think of some lamb friends that died along the years, and how they didn't get to hear those songs.
            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

This is a bit of a random thought but sometimes when I hear the Rarities I think of some lamb friends that died along the years, and how they didn't get to hear those songs.
              Ouch. That's really sad.
              I didn't think of that before

Comment

This is a bit of a random thought but sometimes when I hear the Rarities I think of some lamb friends that died along the years, and how they didn't get to hear those songs.
                This made me sad and melancholic

Comment

• i am so late to this. I didn't know Obsessed got viral on Tik Tok again. The remix has been going viral it seems

Comment

• I read the comments, many says they want this remix track on Spotify. Team Mimi u see this?

Comment

• I may be too old for this (I can't believe I'm saying that!!!) but I don't get the tik tok trends.

Some of the dances are great... but clearly I'm not that demographic
                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I agree with the love for the Rarities. I like listening to Here We Go Around Again and imagine I’m Mottolla hearing that voice for the first time. What a shock that must have been! No wonder he turned the car around so quickly!

Comment

• That Obsessed mashup is very popular! I do think they are aware of it. They definitely should consider allowing him to release it. Same with the Time of Your Life guy if he ever chooses to finish it.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            Excuse me, but Can U Hear Me is the 2nd best track on the album after her OHOMO cover.
                            and she was 21 years old and writing for Barbra f&#king Streisand already!!!! *the power that that has gif*

I love ALL of The Rarities except for CME 2020. Nobody asked for or needed that mess. Sorry, Meemz! But the rest of the album is a complete and total classic. HWGAA through STD, 1988 through 2020, gem after gem after gem. We stan!

Comment

• Can You Hear Me is a solid track, but I am grateful it's not on the very soulful Emotions album. The song lacks emotion is as bland as they come. Thankfully, it has an amazing vocal.

But anyways, The Rarities is suprisingly cohesive and really is one of her better projects. It's weird thinking of it as a compilation given just how structured and amazing the tracks are.

Comment

• To Be Around You...

Why have I only discovered this song now?
                                Last edited by Strat; Sun June 20, 2021, 12:37.

Comment

• I agree the Rareities is very special. For me to have Slipping Away and Do You Think Of Me which are easily two of the best things she has ever put down on record is very important. One Night is amazing and couldn’t agree more that OHOMO is just beautiful so much emotion in that recording it really resonated with me cus I always loved that song growing up and I guess it goes with the same kinda theme of Looking In and Outside that lambs really relate to.
                                  also love COY and Mesmerized.

More Mariah…. Please…. More! We know she has more songs for another album like this easily!

Comment

• I love the length of the Rarities also. 15 songs feels just right. Not too long but not short. It is like the individual discs of greatest hits.

My only wish was that it ended with save the day and that Skydiving was on it just after Cool on You. Then it would be utterly flawless.

Comment

• One change I would make is to put the Tokyo Dome concert in its own CD release.

Plus, kudos to the team for the amazing packaging for the vinyl.

Comment

• Me too. I think a live package with daydream & Charmbracelet double disc would have been better at another time.

Comment

• Personally I dont like "listening" to concerts. I need the visual. I watched the concert when she put it on her channel and it was great but I was bored listening to it.

It didn't fit on the Rarities. A misstep in my opinion. I felt the same about Whitneys live album. I love those performances but listening to it on a CD without the visual did nothing for me really. Apart from Run to You cos that was a long time coming.
                                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Thats why if she was gonna do it then it would have to be worth peoples while to get it. One way would be to have multiple era concerts in the package. Also the CD booklet could have behind the scenes tour pictures. Too late now as the Tokyo show would be the grown jewel of a package like this. But I could have seen a LIVE special package for her 40th Anniversary with everything thrown at it to remind people at that time of the Voice.

Comment

• I personally love listening to live performances. I only listen to Proud Mary live for example.

I would love a package of her greatest live performances. Something like that WBT/FLAB performance at the Grammys, that LTT/CLG mix in Australia, some of her Caution Tour performances, her amazing mix of hits at the Beacon Theatre and obviously some of the 90s works as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strat View Post
                                                To Be Around You...

Why have I only discovered this song now?
                                                I CANT. when did you become a fan, during The Rarities era??!

Anyways it is a complete and TOTAL bop and yet another #1 we lost, alongside

Here We Go Around Again
                                                Cant Let Go
                                                Endless Love
                                                Loverboy
                                                Shake It Off
                                                Migrate
                                                IBLYLT
                                                YDKWTD

^^^ ALL those shoulda been sitting among the rest of her 19 #1s but she and we have been ROYALLY foiled over the years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Who foiled IBLYLT or YDKWTD from getting to no 1 lol. Those songs never had any intention of being no 1 hits!
                                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• I think the biggest misfortune in that list is really Shake It Off. It just needed that small push that one week to make it to the top. A shame tbh.

The love IBLYLT gets is so misplaced to me. IDGI.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                    Who foiled IBLYLT or YDKWTD from getting to no 1 lol. Those songs never had any intention of being no 1 hits!
                                                    You're being very literal

Comment

Working...
                                                    X