Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    I'm really glad she kept that song for so many years (talking about OHOMO).

And I've already said it, but she sounded the prettiest EVER on that track <3
    Oh absolutely! For me one of her most honest and emotional vocals, that tone is golden I listened to it all day for like a week when the album came out.

I wish ‘Somewhat loved’ would have been on The Rarities instead of ‘Save the day’ and of course ‘Sky diving’ and ‘There for me’ also ‘There goes my heart’ and ‘When I feel it’

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

I CANT. when did you become a fan, during The Rarities era??!
      I've been a lamb for years but I never paid that song much attention. It's like I'm hearing it for the first time, it's such a vibe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strat View Post
        To Be Around You...

Why have I only discovered this song now?
        Aw, one of my faves from Emotions.
        It's just so... cool. I can't think of another way to easily describe it.

It's got a kind of old school R&B/Soul sound, but with that early 90s C&C sound.
        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Aw, one of my faves from Emotions.
          It's just so... cool. I can't think of another way to easily describe it.

It's got a kind of old school R&B/Soul sound, but with that early 90s C&C sound.
          I love to be around around. It make me wanna fall in love

Comment

• I saw on Mariah's MUA insta story that she is reuniting with M next month. So them rumours are probably BS!

Comment

• A Mariah and Megan Thee Stallion interaction was not what I expected today, but I'm pleased with it

Mariah tweeted and Megan retweeted

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

I wish ‘Somewhat loved’ would have been on The Rarities instead of ‘Save the day’ and of course ‘Sky diving’ and ‘There for me’ also ‘There goes my heart’ and ‘When I feel it’
                AAAAALL of the above. The one wish I had for the book and the Rarities was that they were a bit more balanced by including more from the 00s.

Although funnily enough I think we’ve had more tracks under the MIAMTEC umbrella which didn’t make the main MIAMTEC album than any other - Triumphant, Save The Day, Lullaby of Birdland, Mesmerised, Somewhat Loved and TAOLG (excluding the deluxe version). Maybe that’s a natural consequence of the amount she recorded from 2011-2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                  and she was 21 years old and writing for Barbra f&#king Streisand already!!!! *the power that that has gif*

I love ALL of The Rarities except for CME 2020. Nobody asked for or needed that mess. Sorry, Meemz! But the rest of the album is a complete and total classic. HWGAA through STD, 1988 through 2020, gem after gem after gem. We stan!
                  Yeah, ALL OF THIS!!!
                  We don't know what a CME 2020 is

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                  Can You Hear Me is a solid track, but I am grateful it's not on the very soulful Emotions album. The song lacks emotion is as bland as they come. Thankfully, it has an amazing vocal.
                  I highly disagree.
                  Her vocal delivery is amazing IMO, raw, genuine & soulful.
                  It would've fit perfectly on Emotions.
                  Glad it wasn't included for the only reason that I love to have discovered it last year.

But anyways, The Rarities is suprisingly cohesive and really is one of her better projects. It's weird thinking of it as a compilation given just how structured and amazing the tracks are.
                  I agree with this tho. 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post

Although funnily enough I think we’ve had more tracks under the MIAMTEC umbrella which didn’t make the main MIAMTEC album than any other - Triumphant, Save The Day, Lullaby of Birdland, Mesmerised, Somewhat Loved and TAOLG (excluding the deluxe version). Maybe that’s a natural consequence of the amount she recorded from 2011-2014.

During the tour she also said she couldn't stop writing songs. So maybe there is other material she wrote but didn't record as well.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Strat View Post
                      To Be Around You...

Why have I only discovered this song now?
                      Really?
                      A total bop.
                      And she was sanging!

One change I would make is to put the Tokyo Dome concert in its own CD release.
                      I agree.
                      It wasn't necessary IMO.
                      She could've saved that for another moment.

Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                      Oh absolutely! For me one of her most honest and emotional vocals, that tone is golden I listened to it all day for like a week when the album came out.

I know!
                      I enjoy a good TONE moment.

Also I agree with that list.
                      But maybe we can have Rarities 2.0 in a near future.
                      I'm sure she has enough material in her vault to mix it with her b-sides/bonus tracks in another solid body of work.
                      She could include some songs from her demo and I would die.

Originally posted by Strat View Post
                      I've been a lamb for years but I never paid that song much attention. It's like I'm hearing it for the first time, it's such a vibe.
                      Such a good feeling! I'm jealous

But you should know every song from the Vocal Bible haha

P.S.
                      Should've been the third single instead of MIH.

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                        Yeah, I'm sure there's more material from that Era.

Also remember that she still have Chick album with her vocals (unreleased) and Angels Advocate (unreleased).

I wonder if there's something from Caution Era that didn't make the cut.
                        Maybe she - at least - wrote more songs from that album! Who knows!

Comment

• SIO beat is so sick.
                          Damn.
                          That Mariah x Meghan mash up is eeeerthang!
                          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                            SIO beat is so sick.
                            Damn.
                            That Mariah x Meghan mash up is eeeerthang!
                            The mash-up sounds dope
                            No wonder Mariah loves it so much (the OG, I mean).

Comment

• Underrated track.

---

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out here! (inlcuding uncles, grandfathers, brothers and friends <3).

Hi Casual, hope u having a great one!

Comment

Underrated track.

---

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out here! (inlcuding uncles, grandfathers, brothers and friends <3).

Hi Casual, hope u having a great one!
                                RIP Alfred! Her black father. And yet, Kween still isn’t considered a black woman by some.
                                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Wish Mariah had posted Going Up Yonder instead of Sunflowers. The masses need to hear it

Comment

• Sad mariah choose this man to be her children’s father

Comment

• He's a mess.
                                      I'm glad she left - and never came back.

Comment

He's a mess.
                                        I'm glad she left - and never came back.
                                        But she’ll forever be linked to him because of their children. She’ll have to deal with him for life sadly

Comment

• Starting to think Mariah’s best shot at another number 1 is Obsessed. Especially the mix with Mario Winans.

I’m not a fan of Obsessed but it really resonates with the kids

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                            Sad mariah choose this man to be her children’s father
                                            https://twitter.com/popcrave/status/...082427905?s=21
                                            What is going on? Ok, trying not to be judgy here... but. 4th in a year? Is that true?!

Again, trying not to be judgy... but who are these women who are like - yep... this is the man I want to have a child with, and have like 6 half-siblings?

Those poor kids (Mariah's kids... but all of them really).

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

What is going on? Ok, trying not to be judgy here... but. 4th in a year? Is that true?!

Again, trying not to be judgy... but who are these women who are like - yep... this is the man I want to have a child with, and have like 6 half-siblings?

Those poor kids (Mariah's kids... but all of them really).

the sad thing is these kids won't even have a dad to participate in their lives and the mothers probably won't have his support since he's always jumping in many different jobs at the same time

Comment

• 4th child in a year with 4 different women ? Like come on Nick. Wrap it up .
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                  Starting to think Mariah’s best shot at another number 1 is Obsessed. Especially the mix with Mario Winans.

I’m not a fan of Obsessed but it really resonates with the kids
                                                  Her best shot at a #1 is an Xmas song with BTS. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius. I can’t stand them but I’m 99% sure that would go to #1, her most surefire #1 since TMB. And that would tie the Beatdulls record for most #1s.
                                                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• But I salute Mariah for growing her kids with love and teaching them not to hate on their father.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X