No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we really still surprised by anything Nickelodeon does? He killed and buried his marriage in 7 minutes after all.
    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I highly disagree.
      Her vocal delivery is amazing IMO, raw, genuine & soulful.
      It would've fit perfectly on Emotions.
      Glad it wasn't included for the only reason that I love to have discovered it last year.
      I think the consideration is that Emotions already has And You Don't Remember, Can't Let Go, So Blessed, and Till The End of Time plus If It's Over.

CYHM would have just made the album very ballad heavy.

It's a good mix/track list as they have it, with some good uptempos to balance it out. And a very cohesive sound.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Mariah doesnt need any help getting to number one at xmas. She can do that on her own.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
          Her best shot at a #1 is an Xmas song with BTS. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius. I can’t stand them but I’m 99% sure that would go to #1, her most surefire #1 since TMB. And that would tie the Beatdulls record for most #1s.
          They said the same about Ariana collab too and it didn’t even crack top50

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
            They said the same about Ariana collab too and it didn’t even crack top50
            Ariana is popular but her fanbase isn’t rabid like BTS’s + it was sabotaged by Spotify because it was an Apple Exclusive. If Ariana’s next lead single suffered that kind of fate, it would be hindered tremendously.
            Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• The Rarities has great songs but except STD and OHOMO no other song got featured. Since she gave a 2012 song and vocal to Jam & Lewis maybe instead she should have let them use Here We Around Again and give it fresh production or Cool On You. Those are better songs and might have actually done something on the charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                H.A.T.E.U. is my personal fav from Memoirs. I love that song, the bridge is just divine. So, if nothing else, I am thankful we got that boring album for that song alone.

Also, Happy 20th anniversary to LOVERBOY and f&*k jho and motoilet!!!
                HATEU is a daydream but the MV is a nightmare..

Comment

Her best shot at a #1 is an Xmas song with BTS. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius. I can’t stand them but I’m 99% sure that would go to #1, her most surefire #1 since TMB. And that would tie the Beatdulls record for most #1s.
                  Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande and next is?

BTS

BTS is probably gonna release a Christmas single this year. They will aim for another hot shot #1.
                  Mariah team (if they are smart) should get on it. Probably the last chance for her to get 20th #1

Comment

Ariana is popular but her fanbase isn’t rabid like BTS’s + it was sabotaged by Spotify because it was an Apple Exclusive. If Ariana’s next lead single suffered that kind of fate, it would be hindered tremendously.
                    Exactly. The context matters.

Spotify not adding it to any major playlists killed the song DOA. Plus they didnt do everything they could to secure downloads. It was a real shame to witness tbh.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• i can see a BTS x Mimi collaboration on Santa Claus Is Coming to Town.

sound familiar isn't it?

Comment

• Yeah given that MC is working on the second edition of the Apple Christmas Special, maybe she will serve another big collab.

Comment

• This is trending about Michael Jackson, and it reminds me of Mariah!

TIL Michael Jackson was a virtuoso composer, despite being unable to read music or play instruments well. He wrote the the parts to his songs by singing and beatboxing into a tape recorder. "“He would sing us an entire string arrangement, every part. Had it all in his head, harmony and everything."

Comment

• It pains me how Mariah hates so many of my faves. I mean, I listened to Almost Home again for the first time in over a year and was stunned again by the final outro chorus. Her vocal arrangement/adlibs in the final chorus of AH and IWTKWLI are equal to anything in her Ultra Prime 1990-96 years. And the fact she dislikes Someday makes me faint in disbelief...

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Exactly. The context matters.

Spotify not adding it to any major playlists killed the song DOA. Plus they didnt do everything they could to secure downloads. It was a real shame to witness tbh.
                              When we had this conversation recently I asked you was the single an apple exclusive and you told me it wasn't. So was it or wasn't it !?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande and next is?

BTS

BTS is probably gonna release a Christmas single this year. They will aim for another hot shot #1.
                                Mariah team (if they are smart) should get on it. Probably the last chance for her to get 20th #1
                                I just threw up in my mouth a little.
                                It’s a 100% hell no to a collab with BTS!
                                never! No way in hell!
                                They are no where in her league!
                                http://marcokircher.com
                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

When we had this conversation recently I asked you was the single an apple exclusive and you told me it wasn't. So was it or wasn't it !?
                                  It wasnt an apple exclusive. But I mentioned that it wasnt added to any major playlists on arrival. Was it?

Comment

It wasnt an apple exclusive. But I mentioned that it wasnt added to any major playlists on arrival. Was it?
                                    Well you just agreed with someone who stated that it was an apple exclusive, hence my question.

Doesn't really matter.

Comment

• Definite no to BTS for me, and no to anymore Christmas singles. Mariah still has plenty Christmas songs she hasn't actively promoted yet

I don't think just adding random crap #1s is what Mariah should be aiming for. I'd rather than another 5 Cautions with no hit singles than have a BTS sell out Christmas single hit #1

Comment

• Imagine she does that BTS song and y’all be haunted forever having to acknowledge that song & feature as her 20th number 1

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                          Imagine she does that BTS song and y’all be haunted forever having to acknowledge that song & feature as her 20th number 1
                                          Cant imagine what type of track they would even do together.

Comment

• Also Mariah is not going to get another Christmas classic. She has one, which is more than most artists have and that is all she needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                              Imagine she does that BTS song and y’all be haunted forever having to acknowledge that song & feature as her 20th number 1
                                              It’d never happen.
                                              http://marcokircher.com
                                              http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                              IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
                                                It’s a 100% hell no to a collab with BTS!
                                                never! No way in hell!
                                                They are no where in her league!

I think you are too old to accept the general trend...
                                                Last edited by Anderson; Mon June 21, 2021, 15:49.

Comment

It was heavily promoted on Apple Music, they kept it since the release to the end at #1 at their biggest playlist and banners, everywhere they could put it. Still wasn’t doing so good even in Apple Music. We can’t blame Spotify because people didn’t want to stream the song either. People knew the song existed but you can’t chove it their throats and expect them to swallow if they don’t want to.
                                                  ari fans did the heavy lifting and helped to debut in hot100 at least, but if the gp don’t want it there’s not much it can be done

Comment

• I guess we will never know, but we cannot discount the impact of a song being added high on Spotify playlists.

Some people do not choose what songs they want to hear. They turn on a playlist and let it run or when their chosen song ends, Spotify algorithms autoplay the next one that is similar. Also, some were not alerted that MC, Ari or JHud had a new release out and it was hard to find on these artists pages.

IMO, you cant discount these factors.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X