No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can go round in circles about it all day really but i just feel there was no reason to expect the song to be on TTH in the first place. It was a cute Xmas song for an Apple exclusive show. That was it. People expecting it to somehow be no 1 on the hot 100 and be challenging AIW just got caught up in the excitement of Ariana being on a track with Mariah. But her fans were never going to be really behind a track where she could barely be heard and does a couple ad libs at the end. Expectations were simply unrealistic.
    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
      i can see a BTS x Mimi collaboration on Santa Claus Is Coming to Town.

sound familiar isn't it?
      I think they are gonna do a brand new song.
      Mariah Carey x BTS
      #20th No.1

Comment

• Somewhat Loved

Urban AC
        146 spins
        0.552 AI

#1 Taking Off (3 new stations, 34 new spins)
        #1 Spincrease (126 spins, 38 stations)
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I hope she invites jojo and Kelly Clarkson for the next Xmas special. Specially Jojo, she’s such a lovely lady and a huge lamb.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
            Starting to think Mariah’s best shot at another number 1 is Obsessed. Especially the mix with Mario Winans.

I’m not a fan of Obsessed but it really resonates with the kids
            I'm totally here for an Obsessed re-release with a hot Remix.

Kids & teens love the song

And I'm a fan of Obsessed btw haha!

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            4th child in a year with 4 different women ? Like come on Nick. Wrap it up .
            3 actually, one of them is having twins

Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
            But I salute Mariah for growing her kids with love and teaching them not to hate on their father.
            This is very true.
            She's such an amazing mom.
            I see Tanaka playing a nice rol on there too, he's so nice with dem kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              Yeah given that MC is working on the second edition of the Apple Christmas Special, maybe she will serve another big collab.
              Yeah, I hope so and I'm sure there will be at least one, but not BTS
              All the people that Mariah had on her first Apple Special were friends or people that she respected for their talent, as Ari.
              She's not gonna bring "strangers" when it comes to Xmas.

Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
              It pains me how Mariah hates so many of my faves. I mean, I listened to Almost Home again for the first time in over a year and was stunned again by the final outro chorus. Her vocal arrangement/adlibs in the final chorus of AH and IWTKWLI are equal to anything in her Ultra Prime 1990-96 years. And the fact she dislikes Someday makes me faint in disbelief...
              Almost Home is a terrible song.
              I'm glad she hates it - or pretend that it doesn't exist.

On the other hand, Someday is a massive bop.

Cant imagine what type of track they would even do together.
              Maybe they could do the choreo, idk

Also Mariah is not going to get another Christmas classic. She has one, which is more than most artists have and that is all she needs.
              Exactly, she has currently the most popular modern Xmas classic AROUND THE WORLD.
              She's more than fine with that.

BUT, she should push C(BPCH) a bit more.
              Do a video for the track, idk.
              It won't hit #1 but it could be another yearly entry.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              I guess we will never know, but we cannot discount the impact of a song being added high on Spotify playlists.

Some people do not choose what songs they want to hear. They turn on a playlist and let it run or when their chosen song ends, Spotify algorithms autoplay the next one that is similar. Also, some were not alerted that MC, Ari or JHud had a new release out and it was hard to find on these artists pages.

IMO, you cant discount these factors.
              Exactly.
              Spotify playlists are the key.
              Even the massive AIW was harmed a bit in the Spotify US due playlisting. Of course it was minimal at the end of the day 'cause the song was slaying in the other formats. But it's a good example.

But her fans were never going to be really behind a track where she could barely be heard and does a couple ad libs at the end.
              This is not true, but ok

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
              I hope she invites jojo and Kelly Clarkson for the next Xmas special. Specially Jojo, she’s such a lovely lady and a huge lamb.
              Yeah, I've mentioned them already.
              Kelly (which Xmas song is getting big), JoJo (we love her), Ari again (please!) and I would love Tori there as well.
              Imagine all of them slaying a song like Silent Night or Hark! with Mariah... the harmonies #eargams

Comment

• I’m so over the Christmas stuff… like just let AIWFCIY do it’s thing

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                  Somewhat Loved

Urban AC
                  146 spins
                  0.552 AI

#1 Taking Off (3 new stations, 34 new spins)
                  #1 Spincrease (126 spins, 38 stations)
                  Nice update!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I'm totally here for an Obsessed re-release with a hot Remix.

Kids & teens love the song

And I'm a fan of Obsessed btw haha!

3 actually, one of them is having twins
                    Yeah I read up on it since. Its actually "only" 4 women total involved in his seven kids. ( one due)

Comment

This is not true, but ok
                      I probably exaggerated slightly but my point stands. The difference between the Ariana level involvement in Oh Santa and Save your Tears remix is night and day between the level of which she is present in the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        I probably exaggerated slightly but my point stands. The difference between the Ariana level involvement in Oh Santa and Save your Tears remix is night and day between the level of which she is present in the song.
                        That's not a fair comparisson. Apples to oranges.

One is a duet, the other a "girl group moment" la The Supremes with Mariah being the lead-ish, total different things.

I think Mariah did a great job with the arrangement. Both Ari & J-Hud had their moment and they were singing like almost all the time the 3 together.

MC has more parts obviously, but more like in the BG or ad-libs.

Take a look at the line distribution:

I think Ari has more parts in some BG harmonies, but anyway.

Comment

That's not a fair comparisson. Apples to oranges.

One is a duet, the other a "girl group moment" la The Supremes with Mariah being the lead-ish, total different things.

I think Mariah did a great job with the arrangement. Both Ari & J-Hud had their moment and they were singing like almost all the time the 3 together.

MC has more parts obviously, but more like in the BG or ad-libs.

Take a look at the line distribution:

I think Ari has more parts in some BG harmonies, but anyway.
                          You missed my point. I never said anything about the arrangement or what not. Exactly, it was totally different things which is why both things performed as they did chart wize. People who expected the apple to perform like the orange were just being unrealistic. Anyway I dont want to get into a huge thing over this so lets move on from this topic

Comment

• I wouldn't mind a BTS collabo if it means getting a 20th #1. She had so many songs close to being #1 (SIO, LB) and many others that deserved to be (Migrate) so it wouldn't be a problem. Also if it means tying The Beatles. It's not like she already did collabos with Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, 98 Degrees, Westlife, etc.. for artistic integrity.
                            Last edited by Sebastian; Mon June 21, 2021, 16:38.
                            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• But we were talking about vocals and the amount of them in the song I didn't miss the point.

Insert anyway.gif

P.S.
                              I love Ari's current matured raspy tone OMG. Beautiful.
                              Go watch her POV live performance for VEVO.

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                I wouldn't mind a BTS collabo if it means getting a 20th #1. She had so many songs close to being #1 (SIO, LB) and many others that deserved to be (Migrate) so it wouldn't be a problem. Also if it means tying The Beatles. It's not like she already did collabos with Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, 98 Degrees, Westlife, etc.. for artistic integrity.
                                She's in another moment in her career now.
                                I don't want a BTS collabo just to have another #1.
                                I would love a song with Drake, Rihanna, Ari, Justin B, Abel or Bruno that would have the potential to be a hit tho. But without being desperate. If she gets another #1, I hope it's organic & stable, like AIW was. I don't want her final #1 be a forgettable song with some band that is popular these days.
                                In that case, I prefer AIW being her last #1 hit tbh.

Comment

• The amount of disrespect with other artists is so sad. I'm not a BTS fan, but discrediting their impact these years is unacceptable. The same way Mariah's work has been underated and discredited by other fan bases when she was starting and actually up until now. It's just so sad. BTS did a cover of #beautiful at the onset of their career. It sounded good and could be one of Mariah's feature artists for a remix in that era.
                                  Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. -Bruce Lee

Comment

• But i agree that she doesn't need BTS to get another #1 song. She doesn't need that. Not because they can't, but because she is at the part of her career now where she does not need to chase that #1. But I believe it's still possible with the right song and the right promotion. You just can't discount talent
                                    Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. -Bruce Lee

Comment

But we were talking about vocals and the amount of them in the song I didn't miss the point.

Insert anyway.gif

P.S.
                                      I love Ari's current matured raspy tone OMG. Beautiful.
                                      Go watch her POV live performance for VEVO.

Gurl half the time that clock is ticking for Ariana you cant even hear her. It is not comparable to Save your tears where she sings like half the song by herself.

OOh thanks for the heads up lemme check out the performance. I love POV.

Comment

• Originally posted by espag View Post
                                        The amount of disrespect with other artists is so sad. I'm not a BTS fan, but discrediting their impact these years is unacceptable. The same way Mariah's work has been underated and discredited by other fan bases when she was starting and actually up until now. It's just so sad. BTS did a cover of #beautiful at the onset of their career. It sounded good and could be one of Mariah's feature artists for a remix in that era.
                                        Mariah teaming up with BTS would fulfill two things:

1. Potentially her 20th #1.
                                        2. Thanking South Korea for charting AIWFCIY longer when the song dropped out of the charts in other countries after Christmas ended.

Of course, she could work with other Korean artists/groups(Blackpink, TWICE, etc) but BTS is well known around the world, so they have that advantage.

Actually, I'm surprised the she never worked with a Japanese artist back when she was selling like hotcakes there. Imagine her working with Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Namie Amuro or Koda Kumi. Would have definitely gone number 1 there. Actually she might still be able to do it today.

Comment

• Missed this last night.

---

OOh thanks for the heads up lemme check out the performance. I love POV.
                                          POV is my fave song from Positions! <3
                                          Funny 'cause it happened something similar with POV's bridge & Somewhat Loved's bridge for me.
                                          Like at the beginning (the first listens) I was like nope, this doesn't flow as it should, and then I was hooked by the beauty of it, but it took me some time to really appreciate it - in both cases.

Comment

Missed this last night.

---

POV is my fave song from Positions! <3
                                            Funny 'cause it happened something similar with POV's bridge & Somewhat Loved's bridge for me.
                                            Like at the beginning (the first listens) I was like nope, this doesn't flow as it should, and then I was hooked by the beauty of it, but it took me some time to really appreciate it - in both cases.
                                            Whats Somewhat loved ? You were supposed to have forgotten about it by now

PS. I also really love Obvious, maybe even a bit more than POV. So underrated IMO.

Comment

• I love Ari but her ballads don’t move me, the finger snaps in all of them drive me insane, they all sound like Touch My Body but they are BALLADS

She needs Mariah to give her production notes

Comment

• Do we think Chick is still coming? I really wanted to hear Mariah on “Surrender” and “Malibu”

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                  Whats Somewhat loved ? You were supposed to have forgotten about it by now

PS. I also really love Obvious, maybe even a bit more than POV. So underrated IMO.
                                                  Oh, you're right!
                                                  I have to forget about that song according to some user

I love Obvious. My Hair is amazing as well. I love the whole album actually. No skips for me.
                                                  And I love the lenght of the songs.
                                                  But POV hit me in another whole level rn

Comment

• Since you guys are still discussing Ariana, I will add that I think another non-Christmas collab between them would be amazing

Comment

Working...
                                                    X